• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Early May

Alan Pearce

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Invierno October 2022
I start walking from Madrid on May 6th. Very grateful to those who have posted on the Forum of their experiences on this Camino. I am booked in to San Martin Pinario in SdC on June 6th, and am looking forward to staying at Gaucelmo on the way, and watching someone else do the work.
Be brave. Life is joyous.
Alan

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I start walking from Madrid on May 6th. Very grateful to those who have posted on the Forum of their experiences on this Camino. I am booked in to San Martin Pinario in SdC on June 6th, and am looking forward to staying at Gaucelmo on the way, and watching someone else do the work.
Alan
It seems like you'll finish your Camino on the day I'll start my Levante. Nice coincidence :)

Have a nice Camino, Alan!

It seems like you'll finish your Camino on the day I'll start my Levante. Nice coincidence :)

Have a nice Camino, Alan!

Thanks Kinky. It will be an even better coincidence the day we meet in Spain. If we keep doing this thing, it must happen!:)

And a buen camino to you also.

Alan

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks Kinky. It will be an even better coincidence the day we meet in Spain. If we keep doing this thing, it must happen!:)

And a buen camino to you also.

Alan
If you have time you can fly down to Valencia on 7th June and give me excuse to walk shorter first day on 8th June :D
Ultreia!

PS (I think it's inevitable that we'll sit at the same table once...)

Hi, Alan, looking forward to your joining the Camino de Madrid alumni group.

I won't be walking till June, so I hope you'll post here from time to time to keep up with your walk. And if you get into the church at Wamba, please do let me know. It is one of my only regrets from the Camino de Madrid, because it looks like an amazing place inside. Buen camino, Laurie

I won't be walking till June, so I hope you'll post here from time to time to keep up with your walk. And if you get into the church at Wamba, please do let me know. It is one of my only regrets from the Camino de Madrid, because it looks like an amazing place inside. Buen camino, Laurie

Thanks Laurie, I am looking forward to it immensely. I have done the easy caminos, now it is time for the harder ones!

I will walk on from Sahagun to Compostela, where I am booked in to San Martin, and Annie the Nurse will take me out to dinner at Tarara!

Alan

Thanks Laurie, I am looking forward to it immensely. I have done the easy caminos, now it is time for the harder ones!

I will walk on from Sahagun to Compostela, where I am booked in to San Martin, and Annie the Nurse will take me out to dinner at Tarara!

Alan
Alan, Madrid will be a piece of cake in comparison with the Caminos you've already walked ;)

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
No fair. I missed one chance, now looks like I'm missing another. When are you guys going to gather in SdC in 2016? Laurie
Well, Laurie, if somebody would by any chance send me 2000€, s/he can choose the date ;)

Of course, I don't think there would be a long line of them, though...

Last edited:
Hi Alan - Lucky you to be visiting Gaucelmo in the near future AND to be able to put your feet up this time! I trust you're going to top up the Gaucelmo Vegemite supplies!
Wishing you the happiest of visits to one of the most brilliant jewels on the Camino -
Cheers - Jenny

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi. I have just seen all these posts - and wanted to say that the church in Wamba is amazing - and it was locked for me too when I arrived in early September but a lovely lady from the office next to the Church who was just off to lunch was delighted to open it for me and show me around, talking, fortunately for me in beautiful English too - a personal guide. It just summed up the amazing kindness I came across on this extraordinary route. Just so anyone else knows for the next time. Buen Camino

n

No fair. I missed one chance, now looks like I'm missing another. When are you guys going to gather in SdC in 2016? Laurie
Hi Laurie

I can't answer for Annie, but my caminos are always in May and June. I have a part-time job that runs from Dec. till end of April. Then I have to be back home at the end of June to help with the set-up, running and wrap-up of our wine show in Cowra. This takes 6 weeks, and after that we visit children and I start serious "camino dreaming" for the next year.

So it will be in June some time next year - towards the end of June is as close as I can get at this stage. And you?

Alan

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Laurie

I can't answer for Annie, but my caminos are always in May and June. I have a part-time job that runs from Dec. till end of April. Then I have to be back home at the end of June to help with the set-up, running and wrap-up of our wine show in Cowra. This takes 6 weeks, and after that we visit children and I start serious "camino dreaming" for the next year.

So it will be in June some time next year - towards the end of June is as close as I can get at this stage. And you?

Alan

I'm also on a May-June schedule, but lately I've been starting in June, walking into July. But some year we'll meet up in Tarara.

Not to take this too much off-thread, but you should put the Camino Invierno on your list. It takes you through the Mencia region in case you're scouting out wines for your show. And the Ribeira Sacra region also seems to be up and coming, my friend with a Casa Rural on the Minho right where the Invierno crosses it frequently has wine tour groups in his place.

Buen camino, Laurie

There will be another to add to the Camino de Madrid alumni group - @Madidi will be walking with me. Another one for Annie to take to the Tarara! Arriving in SdC June 2nd.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
So, Alan, it looks like you arrive in Santiago the day I arrive in Barcelona. No chance for a meet-up in Tarara this year! Buen camino, Laurie
Thank you. I will be in Spain next year, only need to work out where and when! May/June will be the months, the rest will depend on variables too nebulous to consider just yet.

Finished my part-time job yesterday, will wash and return the hire car today, will check the pack and put it all together tomorrow, leave for Sydney the day after that. It is all go!

Alan
Alan, I am starting from Madrid the day after you. At my pedestrian pace I'm unlikely to catch up with you, but if you stop for sightseeing look out for a blue Aarn backpack and a floppy beige sun hat.
Donovan

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Camino de Madrid - May 6th to June 2nd - Madrid to Santiago de Compostela. May I join the Alumni?

Alan

Camino de Madrid - May 6th to June 2nd - Madrid to Santiago de Compostela. May I join the Alumni?

Alan

CONGRATS!!!
You've already joined CdMadrid Alumni if haven't noticed :D

Alan, I am starting from Madrid the day after you. At my pedestrian pace I'm unlikely to catch up with you, but if you stop for sightseeing look out for a blue Aarn backpack and a floppy beige sun hat.
Donovan
And how are you doing, Donovan?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi K1, I made my slow way to Sahagun and, as planned, stopped there. This was always going to be a short walk as I had already spent some time on the Lycian Way. I really liked this camino. It can be solitary, I saw fleetingly one other pilgrim, but compendsation is that as a solo traveler you tend to be more in contact with the local people. Others have commented that this camino is not that well recognized, and you don’t get many “Buon Camino” greetings, but you do get a lot of friendliness and generosity of spirit from the locals – I loved it.

The route was generally well marked, though sometimes the arrows were small and not where I expected to see them. I had your notes which helped me avoid a few problems, and also a map of the route on my tablet. The map wasn’t 100% accurate but was very useful nonetheless. Accommodation was plentiful and excellent.

A good way to finish this camino is to call in at the Convento de San Fransisco just as you enter Sahagun. From the path you can’t see the door so it is not evident that the building is open. It has recently undergone lot of reconstruction and is beautiful.

Enjoy the Levante……………..Donovan

Hi K1, I made my slow way to Sahagun and, as planned, stopped there. This was always going to be a short walk as I had already spent some time on the Lycian Way. I really liked this camino. It can be solitary, I saw fleetingly one other pilgrim, but compendsation is that as a solo traveler you tend to be more in contact with the local people. Others have commented that this camino is not that well recognized, and you don’t get many “Buon Camino” greetings, but you do get a lot of friendliness and generosity of spirit from the locals – I loved it.

The route was generally well marked, though sometimes the arrows were small and not where I expected to see them. I had your notes which helped me avoid a few problems, and also a map of the route on my tablet. The map wasn’t 100% accurate but was very useful nonetheless. Accommodation was plentiful and excellent.

A good way to finish this camino is to call in at the Convento de San Fransisco just as you enter Sahagun. From the path you can’t see the door so it is not evident that the building is open. It has recently undergone lot of reconstruction and is beautiful.

Enjoy the Levante……………..Donovan
Oh, so you've been in Turkey also? Will you post anything more detailed on Lycian Way? Some years ago I did some mountaineering in Kackar Mountains and on Mt.Ararat but that's far away to the NE from Lycian Way. I liked Turkey and its people very much.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.