• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May 2015

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Wonderful Al!! Just posted a few more photos in the photo section!
Wait a minute, you walked this already, right?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Another kick in the proverbs for "friends of Al" then!:rolleyes: Still if he can go again, so can we:) looking at going May 2015 too if possible. Buen Camino Al;)

Great, Al!

You get to go on Camino that date; I'll just stay at home and turn 61.:(

My dear wife has insisted on me taking her to your fair country in 2015 before I even THINK about another Camino. (Too late! I hope that doesn't count as being unfaithful.) So it will be the Lake District for us (probably) come latter part of April.

Buen Camino!

B

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Good old Allan - early booking again! Can't be with Ryanair - I don't think they take bookings so far in advance, do they?
I'm also planning on next May - three weeks along the remote Ruta del Ebro from the Mediterranean Sea to the French camino.
Anyone else walking that route?
Oh! No! I'll probably be all on my lonesome :( ....
Buen camino, amigos!

You will love the lake district B, we have just returned from walking there last Thursday, and late April is a lovely time to go. If you need any help with walks to do there send me a PM.

Sorry we won't be bumping into you Al; restarting in Frómista 4 May (my birthday!). Husband continuing to do well and fingers crossed for May.

Enjoy your Madrid start.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wait a minute, you walked this already, right?
Only a bit around Navacerrada where an ex-girlfriend lives.

Good stuff Allan, happy planning.
Not planning this time Pat. Have the flight and CSJ guide but am determined to not plan more than the first day and then each day at a time. How's the health Pat?

Another kick in the proverbs for "friends of Al" then!
Yeh, I know I'm a bad example pal!:)
Can't be with Ryanair
Easyjet from Liverpool to Madrid Stephen.

I'll just stay at home and turn 61
I'm having my birthday at home this year. I hope Burgos will forgive me for not being there for the 3rd year on the trot! :rolleyes:

Husband continuing to do well and fingers crossed for May.
Pleased to hear it. I will continue to pray for everything to go well for you guys.

reetings so what Camino are you doing?
The Madrid to Sagahun then probably the Frances to SDC.

The Madrid to Sagahun then probably the Frances to SDC.

You know, Al, there's always the Invierno from Ponferrada. I walked the Madrid to Sahagun, then got a ride to Moratinos, ;), and after a couple of days there headed out to Ponferrada. And from there onto the Invierno.

I'll be done with the updates to Rebekah's guide in a few weeks and maybe that will tempt you! Buen camino, Laurie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ooooh, temptress! I am having enough problems already with thoughts of going up the Salvador again (possibly removing the dog's teeth in the process?) and then Primitivo. I'm am desperately trying to not make to make any decisions until I am there.

Flight booked! Starting out on Camino Madrid May 27th.
Good on you Al....stay well and, happy planning - keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ooooh, temptress! I am having enough problems already with thoughts of going up the Salvador again (possibly removing the dog's teeth in the process?) and then Primitivo. I'm am desperately trying to not make to make any decisions until I am there.

Well, I think Ender has taken care of the dog (turns out the owner is disabled and some way and wasn't being evil). And I also have heard that the route out of Buiza has been rerouted (and of course since Ender has been involved, it has also been re-signed). The route we have walked was actually a re-routed path to make way for the construction of the AVE. Now that that is done, the path has gone back to its original place, apparently more direct and not as much mud, up to the Forcadas de San Anton.

BTW, the Salvador/Primitivo has that same magical pull on me, I can't imagine a more wonderful camino, so maybe I'll figure out a way to walk Salvador/Primitivo/Invierno in 2015, though that would be kind of a jerry-rigged route!

Buen camino, Laurie

I was just joking about the dog, but I would have been very cautious. Before that moment I had never been concerned about dogs but I have been a little nervous on occasions since. Yes the bit around the AVE was not exactly inspiring was it?

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

A couple days ago I started the Camino Madrid from Segovia. Some of you may recall that I posted a few months ago looking for a relatively flat Camino to test out my body to find out if I could...
We planning a Camino Mixto of Camino Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo starting in early April next year. April 13-20 is Semana Santa next year We will probably fly in to Barcelona on 4th April and play...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back