• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria to Santiago de Compostela in three days

Shelby Pauletto

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances
Hello everyone!

I am studying in San Sebastián, and I have been able to hike parts of the Camino del Norte, but I would like to complete the last 100km of the Camino Frances. I only have three days to do so, and I was wondering if this was even possible. Any recommendations? I was thinking of starting in Sarria, and getting to Santiago on my third day. Is this too long of a distance to take on in three days?

Thank you for your help!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This year I will be covering that distance in 3 days. Here are the stages...

Sarria to Ventas de Narón 36.1
Ventas de Narón to Arzua 41.4
Arzua to Santiago 40

In my experience these are relatively flat and easy. It all depends on your fitness level. You appear young, do you regularly work out? If you are a fitness type, I'd say go for it. If you are not, I'd say become a fitness type and then go for it.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello everyone!

I am studying in San Sebastián, and I have been able to hike parts of the Camino del Norte, but I would like to complete the last 100km of the Camino Frances. I only have three days to do so, and I was wondering if this was even possible. Any recommendations? I was thinking of starting in Sarria, and getting to Santiago on my third day. Is this too long of a distance to take on in three days?

Thank you for your help!
Hy Shelby, as Wayfarer said it gould be done . But remember it's a pelgrimege not a race . What ever you decite, I wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

You can walk it in 3 days if you start in Morgade, Ferreiros, or Mercadoiro.
Mercadoiro to San Julian 35km
San Julian to Salceda 40.7km
Salceda to Santiago 30.3km

This year I will be covering that distance in 3 days. Here are the stages...

Sarria to Ventas de Narón 36.1
Ventas de Narón to Arzua 41.4
Arzua to Santiago 40

In my experience these are relatively flat and easy. It all depends on your fitness level. You appear young, do you regularly work out? If you are a fitness type, I'd say go for it. If you are not, I'd say become a fitness type and then go for it.

I love the last part of your advice "If you are not, I'd say become a fitness type and then go for it." I consider myself in shape, and have confidence in my physical ability to do it, I just didn't know if I was being realistic.

Thank you everybody for the great advice! I think I will go for it!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello everyone!

Thank you for your help!
It's possible, but difficult going for three days....

Personally, I'd savor my last three days in Donostia :)

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your help!
Yes, but not ideal.

Good luck and Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Shelby, I walked that section in 4 days last Spring as follows: Sarria - Portomarin - Melide - Salceda - SdC. I only rushed it because I needed to get back to my very ill Mother in Oz. In hindsight I believe I could have easily (?) covered it in three days as I was "in the groove" by then, and I average about 6km/hr. Recommend you take some walking sticks to help you cruise along. Whatever you decide, Buen Camino.

Just to let you all know this was originally posted in March 2015 and Shelby hasn't been seen on here since.

Ha ha. Thanks Wayfarer. Note to self - check dates next time! ;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back