• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

August 2015 - Anyone else walking?

Carolina Campos

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Del Norte (or Frances) August 2015
Hey guys!

I'm gonna be around the Camino del Norte this August...and I'm starting to get really excited for the trip! Anyone else going around the same time?

I'm trying to figure out exactly how long it'll take me, since I have to be back home for school in September. I might have to start late July. In any case, I'd love to talk to some of you :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello! I'll be walking the Norte in July, so I'll be a couple weeks ahead of you.
Where are you starting from?
I'm a schoolteacher, so I need to be back for late Aug. I'm starting in St. Jean Pied de Port, and I've estimated that to get to Santiago will take me 38 days, including three rest days along the way. I'll be starting around July 7 or 8, depending on the jet-lag. :)

Hey guys!

I'm gonna be around the Camino del Norte this August...and I'm starting to get really excited for the trip! Anyone else going around the same time?

I'm trying to figure out exactly how long it'll take me, since I have to be back home for school in September. I might have to start late July. In any case, I'd love to talk to some of you :)
Carolina, IF you are anywhere Miraz the second half of August, make sure you stop in, I will be hospitalera at the albergue. Hope to meet you. Buen Camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I will be starting the Camino del Norte on Aug. 27 (or there a bouts), I have until mid-October so I have no time crunch. I am excited, nervous, worried and looking forward to it! Is anyone doing the Primitivo route? I hope to do it, will see how things are going when I need to make the decision.

I will be starting the Camino del Norte on Aug. 27 (or there a bouts), I have until mid-October so I have no time crunch. I am excited, nervous, worried and looking forward to it! Is anyone doing the Primitivo route? I hope to do it, will see how things are going when I need to make the decision.
You will find that many of the people who will have gotten to know on CN will also do the Primitivo, after the build up the courage ;0)

Hola!
I will be on the Camino del Norte on 28JUL for about two weeks and im trying to decide what route to choose , Irun to Santander or Santander to Gijon/Aviles ....

What do you reckon? :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hola!
I will be on the Camino del Norte on 28JUL for about two weeks and im trying to decide what route to choose , Irun to Santander or Santander to Gijon/Aviles ....

By far star in Irun, some say it's more difficult but it is certainly beautiful.

Hey guys!

Carolina Campos:

I would plan on 30-35 days of walking.

Ultreya,
Joe

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hola!

Antonis265:

Start in Irun. The first third of the Norte is the most difficult but a beautiful seaside walk.

Ultreya,
Joe

ShellsG:

The decision whether to continue on the Norte or switch over to the Primitivo is made in Villaviciosa. Many Pilgrims decision here is driven by their new Camino family. The Norte continues along the coast until Ribadeo and then it turns inwards. The Primitivo is Hilly and a little more rural.

There is no bad choice.

Ultreya,
Joe

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
aham! i see ! When you say difficult? :p

There are a lot of up and down 500 meter climbs early on the Norte. It gets less difficult as the Camino goes on, imo. That said, it depends on your conditioning and comfort with hill climbing. I found it more challenging early on, someone else might have a different opinion.

Ultreya,
Joe

Hey guys!

Hi Carolina,
My wife Jula and I walking from Irun on July 26 or 27. We walked the Camino del Norte last year and enjoyed it so much we decided to do it again this year. We only have 13 days to walk this year unfortunately. It would be great to meet you on the trail!
Josh

Hey guys!

Hi!
I am also doing Norte on August. Will start a week earlier though, but as I am a first timer with no previous training, we will probably meet on the way . :)

I am planning to get to Finisterre in two months, will see how it goes.

Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hey guys!

Hi Carolina, I am planning to walk in August hoping to get to Irun by the 13th August but I am not walking all the camino del norte because I have to be back in the uk by the end of the month. I think you will be way ahead of me by then. I have walked the Camino Francaise many years ago, but this is new and exciting! happy walking. Eleni

I

Hey guys!

Hi

I am from Guelph Ontario. I am leaving on the 20 to start in St Jean port place. So time after a few days just chilling. I was thinking of going on the Norte but some said it wasn't a popular choice. I don't know why so I will find out all when I get there. Hope I meet you. Cmoreau003@sympatico.ca

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hey guys!

Carolina I am from the us and planning on starting august 1st. When arw you starting?

A lot of pilgrim sisters in this thread :) Starting first week of August. flying into Paris ... thinking of beginning before Irun so that I can go across Pyrenees, unless ... I can cross Pyreness from Irun??
I am starting the North from Irun August 1st from Irun

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.