• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Explaining the camino

JenD

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning on June 2017
Has anyone else had the experience of trying to explain your plans to do the camino and getting a response of "Oh, that's nice" and give you a look like you've lost your marbles??? It is frustrating and a bit sad. I feel so alone and am so glad to have this forum where there are other people who have also apparently lost their marbles! It is so important to me and I guess I want everyone around me to be as excited. I guess in a way I have already started my solo camino and should just use this time to look within and focus on why I am doing it. I think from now on I am not going to talk to anyone about it (except for one new aquaintance who has done it). It's a personal journey and most importantly of all, for me, a spiritual one between me and my God. I don't have to shout it from the rooftops and expect others to have the same level of enthusiasm.

I'd love to hear other people's experiences in regards to this.

Blessings and Buen Camino
Jen

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Has anyone else had the experience of trying to explain your plans to do the camino and getting a response of "Oh, that's nice" and give you a look like you've lost your marbles???
Jen

Yes, but on my return, as in :'You did WHAT??' 'WHY???' And yes, the look like you've lost your marbles!
I didn't tell anyone I was off on my first Camino, well except my nearest and dearest obviously. I only even told the priest at my Church on the last day so that he would know I hadn't deserted husband and family lol

I wouldn't worry about it, walking a pilgrimage is intensely personal. I suppose it is one of the reasons we so quickly form 'camino families', there is no need to explain yourself and no looks of disbelief in THEIR eyes, they've lost their marbles too! Oh and why we enjoy this forum so much , people on here have had the same call, too. :cool:

Has anyone else had the experience of trying to explain your plans to do the camino and getting a response of "Oh, that's nice" and give you a look like you've lost your marbles??? It is frustrating and a bit sad. I feel so alone and am so glad to have this forum where there are other people who have also apparently lost their marbles! It is so important to me and I guess I want everyone around me to be as excited. I guess in a way I have already started my solo camino and should just use this time to look within and focus on why I am doing it. I think from now on I am not going to talk to anyone about it (except for one new aquaintance who has done it). It's a personal journey and most importantly of all, for me, a spiritual one between me and my God. I don't have to shout it from the rooftops and expect others to have the same level of enthusiasm.

Jen

I met an American couple in June 2008 on a "walking tour of Provence." They said they were doing the Camino de Santiago the next summer. They explained what it was and I thought to myself, "what idiot would spend their vacation walking across a country?" In early 2013 my plans for an India trip fell through and as I was surfing the net for somewhere to go in Europe, possibly Spain, an article popped up about the Camino. I remembered that couple and their enthusiasm for this Camino business and four months later I was in St. Jean Pied de Port. Best decision of my life. (Doing the Portuguese and leaving from Lisbon on Sept. 1, 2015.)

So the answer to my above question in 2008 of what idiot would spend their vacation walking across a country? That would be me!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I agree JenD, people don't "get it". This is especially true upon your return home. You will so want to explain your experience, you will share some pictures and stories, you will likely get a positive response but again, they just won't get it. But that's okay because you will then have Camino friends that definately "get it".

I am preparing for my 5th Camino (different trails, now with Camino friends), so put me down as one of those who has no marbles :)

You will probably have the time of your life. You never asked for advice but I can't resist. Slow down and walk with an open heart. And when the scenery catches your eye and you stop to take a picture, turn around and look behind you, it's just as awesome.

After I returned, I found that I cared very little what others thought. I realized I was not the center of the universe, and neither were they. I have given numerous presentations on the Camino, probably quite boring, but did not require that others be enthusiastic. I invited several others to go, but only asked once. Several did. Most did not.

I would suggest that you focus on your own enthusiasm. You will need it to sustain yourself when the going gets tough. Other pilgrims share your enthusiasm or they would not be there; you will find them quite helpful as you walk. Buen camino. :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
When I decided to walk a Camino people also asked me if it was for charity. In the end I did raise money for a local hospice. However when I tried to talk about the experience I soon realised that people simply could not understand, although in fairness many recognised a new calmness in me. When I said I was going again (not for charity) people couldn't understand why. Now they assume I am going every year and think I am mad to do so. Does it really matter?

Thanks for the feedback. It's nice to feel I'm not alone. I will look into a local group. When I mentioned I was going to do th camino to my spiritual director she told me another member of her community did it this past summer. I'm looking forward to corresponding with her.

Blessings and Buen Camino!
Jen

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Instead of trying to explain the Camino anymore, I sign on this forum everyday to share experiences and pictures with all of you. At least everyone reading this post will understand what I mean when I say that the "Camino is a Positive Addictive Life Changing Experience." Buen Camino !

The Dr is IN: Growing up I had, outside of my immediate family, few "friends". I had plenty of acquaintances, but few friends.
As I matured (no laughing here), I found that the best place to find true friends is that place where you and they enjoy being at: Boy Scouts, Sports, Church, Fratority (we weren't allowed to form greek societies), Marine Corps, the Camino.
Interestingly, it was in the Corps that I came face to face as to why it's not a good thing to establish true friendships, but rather acquaintances. My best buddy from home, Eddy, enlisted with me. Ultimately we both ended up in Vietnam and were able to work it so we would be home at the same time, before going on to our next assignment. I got home about two weeks before Eddy. He was killed two days before he was to come home.
It's a funny thing about "best friends" along with them you also often adopt each other's family.
I was told by my mom and dad at about 3 o'clock in the morning, and I immediately rushed over to his house.
As always, I entered their kitchen through the back door.
The kitchen was full of family and friends, including Eddy's sister. When she saw me, she rushed into my arms and began crying anew. Looking over her shoulder, I saw Eddy's mom (my mom too) enter the room. When she saw me she said, "Why not you!"
Moral to the story: having a real friend is like giving a name to a chicken. Once the yokes have been passed around, the whites worked into the cake and their producing days are passed...it's so difficult to roast "Sally". Better to just call them chickens.
On the Camino you will meet many, many folks that will fall into the categories of friend, or acquaintance. You have already found yourselves attracted to the same thing, though possibly for different reasons. You may never have met before, but there's a connection others may not understand.
Oh, one last thing: You know how often I harangue folks for not removing those "might needs" from their pack to lighten their load. I carry Ida and Eddy with me everywhere and especially on Camino because although they may weigh heavily on my heart...their memories do lighten my load.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Sorry to read this Arn and of the way it has affected you. People can hurt one so easily and in so many ways. I am just so lucky that the hurts have been and continue to be small compared to the rest. I have never been hurt by anyone on the Camino have been by it! Actually this post and using the word "hurt" is inviting an off topic if ever I saw one. Apologies if it does.

Most of the time we get.."What group are you/did you go with?"
And we just smile and say no group. It is best not to be annoyed just because others don't understand. If they have an interest they will ask.

Neither before nor after I did my Camino. Although there were people to whom I had to describe what the Camino was, their usual reaction was "Wow!" and "That's amazing". What did surprize me were the number of people who actually knew about the Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
i guess it depends on what sort of friends you have.most of the people i have told have either done it, or want to :)

As a preparation for my Santiago pilgrimage I walked up Croagh Patrick in September. A lady just ahead of me asked
me why I was doing it. I gave a few answers along the line of exercise, nice view..... She still kept on asking me. I explained
my real reason and she became quite angry and didn't speak again.

When I first told people I would be away walking in Spain, they asked why so long and why Spain. I mentioned the Camino.
Some had heard of it others hadn't. Inevitably there would be the question why. Most I fobbed off with either it's cheap, it's
scenic, it's time away from work. Some people were more persistent. But why ? Eventually I told some of them. Most looked
a little confused, but one said "You can't say that. That's not a valid reason". I'm still trying to figure that response out.

We can walk for whatever reason we want.

Arn. When I read your post my mind immediately went to Dom Bede Jarrett's little book No Abiding City. "But supposing all the
time we had known that we were just pilgrims ( journeying ). That here we have no abiding city. If we remember this we will not
be so easily hurt by life"

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
As a preparation for my Santiago pilgrimage I walked up Croagh Patrick in September. A lady just ahead of me asked
me why I was doing it. I gave a few answers along the line of exercise, nice view..... She still kept on asking me. I explained

When I first told people I would be away walking in Spain, they asked why so long and why Spain. I mentioned the Camino.
Some had heard of it others hadn't. Inevitably there would be the question why. Most I fobbed off with either it's cheap, it's
scenic, it's time away from work. Some people were more persistent. But why ? Eventually I told some of them. Most looked
a little confused, but one said "You can't say that. That's not a valid reason". I'm still trying to figure that response out.

Arn. When I read your post my mind immediately went to Dom Bede Jarrett's little book No Abiding City. "But supposing all the
time we had known that we were just pilgrims ( journeying ). That here we have no abiding city. If we remember this we will not
As I mentioned above, for many reasons, I've become mindful of who I am and how I project myself...in this moment. Where, at one time, I'd be nearly paralyzed by grief, I now give that emotion a quick glance and then gently pass it on. Hurting, as with any injury, should with proper treatment heal. And, that healing allows one to get on with their life.
When someone says, "I don't want to talk about it." Be patient. Be available. And, be ready to reach out when the time is right.
For this explains the Camino best: it patiently awaits your commitment to walk the Way. Is always available when you decide to take that first step. And, no matter your circumstance: breeze through with nary a blister or a bug bite, painfully complete, or not do as well as intended. The Camino will remain a positive in your life, that only you may understand.

I haven't gone yet but so far all the reactions I have gotten are either people who think i'm crazy or people who really really wish they could also go.

A lot of people do not even know the Camino exists. I'm a lifelong Catholic. Well traveled, but did not know of the Camino's existence until about three years ago. Prior to that if someone had told me they were going to walk it, I would have thought it sounded like a cool thing to do, but probably would not have given it much thought beyond that. Unaware of what it really is and its history. I would have probably just looked at it like a typical European backpacking trip that so many people do.
Nobody I know thought it was odd when I walked it the first time. Now the second time, that's another story, ha ha. I did get a couple of why are you doing it again type questions and I just always say "anything that's cool enough to do once, is worth doing twice". On my second Camino I even had fellow peregrinos ask me why I was doing it a second time.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
No, I have actually had more interested in hearing about my plans than ever have voiced the reactions you mention. I don't mention my plans to many anyways. I am always surprised how public people make their plans. I am not a paranoid but Im not sure I would want many people knowing my house was ungaurdrd for 35 days plus.

I feel it (my Camino) is a private issue and those who know me aren't to surprised.

So talk away...you've found a couple ears anyways.

Last edited:
Hi Jen -
I'm with Kanga on joining a local camino group - our group in Sydney meets once a month (Kanga and I are both members of this group) and the meetings are so full of sharing useful information, stories and laughter, with people who really "get" the reasons why the Camino is so wonderful.
I often lend my copy of "The Way" DVD to friends and extended family who don't "get" why I love the Camino so much - once they watch the movie some of those people begin to understand why I feel The Way I do (excuse the pun - 'couldn't resist it!).
Life changes when you look at the world through Camino eyes -
Cheers - Jenny

Jen

Jen, my friend,

This reply to your post is mine personally and comes to you as I deliberately write before reading any replies from others. I do this because I anticipate some of the replies you may receive.............If I am incorrect then you may think I am a maniac:eek:

I wonder if you can fathom the deepest, troublest, scariest thought many of us have experienced as we moved towards our first and other Camino's?

I doubt you will be the last person to be made to feel "you have lost your marbles" as we were not the first to be told "you have lost your marbles".

I am a relative "Camino Virgin" compared to the experience, knowledge and wisdom of many of many others on this forum, however, my personal experience, knowledge and limited wisdom of life on and off The Way simply begs me to say, "Yes, you may have already started you Camino, yes it is a personal journey, yes it can be spiritual and no, you don't have to shout it from the rooftops!

But, hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, my new found friend, why not? It is your Camino, you do what you want with it:D

Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
When you return from your Camino you will probably find some of those who "still have all their marbles" will wonder why it is that you now seem to think and find that less is more! Then you will probably ask "how do I tell them you don't own your possessions they own you!
Then they really will think you have lost your marbles Jen.;)

I don't think that it is generally well known in the UK and certainly wasn't amongst my friends and acquaintances before I did it.

Yes, absolutely true. Very few people know about it here where I live, in fact, no-one before I mentioned it! But then even my Spanish friends don't know, or if they do they only think of having their luggage carried and doing - as the worst option - the last 100km.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm starting my first Camino in April. When I try and explain to people what I am doing the response is almost always 'oh, you doing it for charity'? and the look of disdain I get when I say no!

I know, I have had this too... And I find it difficult to answer.... I do give to charities, we both do as a couple but I would never do this pilgrimage for charity... Go figure.... To me it doesn't go together.... So yes I had the looks of disappointment...

As I read the replies (thanks to everybody!) I think maybe part of my thoghts and feelings have to do with what I think about myself. I think subconsciously or even consciously I am saying to myself: What are you doing? Are you crazy? Can you really do it? Maybe what I've been looking for in response from those close to me is: YES You can do it! Perhaps it's a lack of confidence or low self-esteem and I am just seeking validation. Maybe that's the reson I'm drawn to the camino - to do something that will get me out of that rut.

Blessings and buen camino!
Jen

As I read the replies (thanks to everybody!) I think maybe part of my thoghts and feelings have to do with what I think about myself. I think subconsciously or even consciously I am saying to myself: What are you doing? Are you crazy? Can you really do it? Maybe what I've been looking for in response from those close to me is: YES You can do it! Perhaps it's a lack of confidence or low self-esteem and I am just seeking validation. Maybe that's the reson I'm drawn to the camino - to do something that will get me out of that rut.

Jen

Jen -
I think you've hit on something here. I think I felt the same way, but didn't put it into words here before my camino. I had amazing support from (here, of course) my husband and kids, and lots of blank looks beyond that. Do it anyway. After a day walking, pushing yourself, or sitting quietly with your thoughts while the Spanish landscape slowly goes by.... you'll be showered with validation - and it'll come from your own joy.

Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

L-o-v-e that quote. thank you mucho . will have to research book now :)

Jen

Jen, you can do this, really. Most of us have asked ourselves those very questions, it's normal. I would suggest that you continue to use this forum to ask questions that you need clarified, continue to plan and prepare, that will build confidence. This forum is a gold mine of info.

I don't know when you are going but preparations will help you can confidence. Training walks, research on equipment and clothes, keeping you pack light etc will all help you get ready physically, seems like you are already winning the mental aspect.
All the best

Jen

You'd be surprised at what people can do. I have dragged some very out-of-shape people up some sketchy mountains on 5+ hour hikes. Just make sure you know your own pace and you'll always be fine. On the Camino it seems like there's soooo many helpful people I wouldn't worry if you think you need help. This isn't the Pacific Crest Trail or the middle of nowhere. :)

Jen
Had mixed reactions from friends,but family knew of my long held dream.Half way through my first Camino I had an injury,and had to stop for 2weeks,and when I told some people the reaction I got was"we knew you couldn'tdo it,and we all thought you were stupid to even try".Needless to say that spurred me on to ccomplete the Camino, and I realised that the camino is a personal choice that you can never explain to closed minds."Walk the way" you will remember and treasure it forever.GodBless and Buen Camino.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else had the experience of ....
Here's the thing about trying to explain the Camino beforehand. This is an experience with several dimensions. There is the travel dimension, which is relatively easy to explain because most people have had some sort of travel experience to relate to. And then there is the spiritual dimension, which is more difficult to explain for the opposite reason -- and because discussions of spiritual matters are really rather rare these days. That sort of conversation requires an honesty, an introspection, and a special sort of person as listener.

So cut yourself some slack: the Camino experience does not call to everyone. Their lack of understanding matters not. You are not seeking their approval. Just go - walk your own walk - be open to your own experience. That you hear the Camino's call is validation enough.

Jen

Yes you can do it and if you can't do it all in one go this time, for whatever reason, you can finish it another time. No pressure. And if you didn't enjoy it, you don't have to finish it, ever.
I think we all have doubts and fears when we start, most of us have never walked for that long every day so how do we know we can manage it?
My youngest daughter confided in me when I came back 'I never ever thought you'd do it, mother'. Lolol
You'll be fine.

Buen camino
Dominique

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The Dr is IN: Growing up I had, outside of my immediate family, few "friends". I had plenty of acquaintances, but few friends.
As I matured (no laughing here), I found that the best place to find true friends is that place where you and they enjoy being at: Boy Scouts, Sports, Church, Fratority (we weren't allowed to form greek societies), Marine Corps, the Camino.
Interestingly, it was in the Corps that I came face to face as to why it's not a good thing to establish true friendships, but rather acquaintances. My best buddy from home, Eddy, enlisted with me. Ultimately we both ended up in Vietnam and were able to work it so we would be home at the same time, before going on to our next assignment. I got home about two weeks before Eddy. He was killed two days before he was to come home.
It's a funny thing about "best friends" along with them you also often adopt each other's family.
I was told by my mom and dad at about 3 o'clock in the morning, and I immediately rushed over to his house.
As always, I entered their kitchen through the back door.
The kitchen was full of family and friends, including Eddy's sister. When she saw me, she rushed into my arms and began crying anew. Looking over her shoulder, I saw Eddy's mom (my mom too) enter the room. When she saw me she said, "Why not you!"
Moral to the story: having a real friend is like giving a name to a chicken. Once the yokes have been passed around, the whites worked into the cake and their producing days are passed...it's so difficult to roast "Sally". Better to just call them chickens.
On the Camino you will meet many, many folks that will fall into the categories of friend, or acquaintance. You have already found yourselves attracted to the same thing, though possibly for different reasons. You may never have met before, but there's a connection others may not understand.
Oh, one last thing: You know how often I harangue folks for not removing those "might needs" from their pack to lighten their load. I carry Ida and Eddy with me everywhere and especially on Camino because although they may weigh heavily on my heart...their memories do lighten my load.

Just about six months ago, I regained the ability to cry. I had such a bad 2011 and 2012 that I cried myself dry. I found myself, in late 2012, so completely and utterly exhausted from the burden of two years of anticipatory grief, working-my-ass-off to care for parents fatigue, then losing them both within seven months that I just was all cried out. I was very, very close with my parents. I think that I become very close with most people that I care about, which makes it miserable when I lose them. And lose many of them I have.

Not an Ida though. I have not lost a spouse that I knew for years, had children with, that I loved from top to bottom, inside out and back in again. I just can't imagine the grief of losing an Ida, although I have lost a few close friends---namely my only brother, with whom I was very close.

I think that carrying our loves in our hearts is the best we can do after we lose them. I pray, and sometimes I get an answer. I sometimes have some rather odd signs that my loves are watching out for me--ways of knowing, some small coincidence, or a blue heron flying up right in front of me. A flock of geese, the Canadian honkers. I have natural signs that connect me to my loves.

Arn. You're near and dear.

It is funny, I sometimes don't understand myself why I am going to do it. The camino is just "calling" me.........

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I've been thinking a lot about this all week. I've just kind of come to the conclusion we are all on a solo journey in life. Yes there are others in our life at various degrees of closeness who cross our paths for a day or a lifetime but ultimately we are on our own. For me it is a spiritual thing. I feel God is leading me. Or rather I am more open to His guidance. So I guess I'm just learning what it means to be a seeker.

Hope this makes sense. Not really able to find the right words yet for what I'm thinking.

Jen

All interesting. Of course, we are not born alone: a woman is working in unison with us, pushing us out of her womb. We are not born alone.

We mostly die alone, unless we have the pleasure of our loved ones' companies; that is not always the case.

We sometimes feel so alone "in our skin". I think that the holy spirit can inhabit us though. I also think that loved ones and their memories are so much a part of me that I don't feel alone, really. I do love the pleasure of my own company. I like silence.

I think the call to the pilgrimage of the Camino de Santiago is certainly a call from the spirit--and those who get that call marvel at its strength. I often wonder how many people are called to the C de Santiago who have never travelled overseas? How many people first experience having to travel out of the USA, for example, having never flown over the ocean?

Just a side thought.

Jen
Hi Jen D, my wife and I encounter the same experiences as yourself, and coming from the UK we very often have the remark of "thats nice" or plain old "Oh" (a very English way of being polite but not having an inkling as to why you should undertake such torture) As for your faith, it is difficult to pass on to others who do not share in your experience (as they say faith is a gift of God) I believe the camino has to be experienced in its entirety to understand the blessings poured out while walking it. We have met many people from all religous and cultural backgrounds and we can all share in the fellowship and community which builds a great bond. Truly a gift from God. Buen Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It is funny, I sometimes don't understand myself why I am going to do it. The camino is just "calling" me.........

It's not funny! Sometimes I even ask myself if all the marbles are still here...
Yes, when I get the question "Why are you doing it or going there?", I cannot answer directly: I have no rational reason.
It's simply calling me!

A bit heat from the sun in winter, the milky way in the night, walking towards the setting sun and suddenly thinking "Why to stop? why not to continue to the sea?"
I don't know why, but I'm missing it. I'm deeply feeling the call, but I cannot explain it.
Only hoping it does not last too long to go again...

Don't explain: go and I wish you buen camino!

And name your chickens. Always name your chickens.

When my daughter got her first puppy, I told her that you don't want to name something you are going to eat.

Got the same looks about the Camino as I did when I volunteered for a second tour of Viet Nam ..and the third tour...and going to Bolivia to ride a bike down the Road of Death...etc.

When people ask what my compostella means--I just tell them the Latin means, "The bearer of this document can not go to Hell"

I sometimes have some rather odd signs that my loves are watching out for me--ways of knowing, some small coincidence, or a blue heron flying up right in front of me. A flock of geese, the Canadian honkers. I have natural signs that connect me to my loves.
Yes, the mind is powerful. In ways we do not yet understand. I'll share a story with you:

An astronaut and a brain surgeon were discussing the presence/reality of the unseen. The astronaut said: "I have been farther into space than any other human being, but I have never seen any traces of a God".

The brain surgeon replied: "I have operated deeper inside the human brain than any other surgeon, but I have never seen any traces of a thought".

Think about it, if you have thoughts... ;)

Are they looking out for/watching over you? I think so...

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It is in those silent and alone moments, that deep within ourselves when we walk the camino a new thought is born. One which awakens us to understand and see things in a new different way. That some people may describe as experiences of a thin place between heaven and earth.

Been on the other side. Killed in Action September 10, 1970 in the Mekong Delta. Most "Real" thing that ever occurred in my life. Other than going to the church in Santiago, I have not been to a church service after my death in the U Minh Forest.

Been on the other side. Killed in Action September 10, 1970 in the Mekong Delta. Most "Real" thing that ever occurred in my life. Other than going to the church in Santiago, I have not been to a church service after my death in the U Minh Forest.
I most definitely would like to hear more about this.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.