• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Private but cheap accommodation along the route from Ourense to Santiago

Sue L

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept/Oct 2015 Le Puy - to Conques, Tui - Santiago. May/June 2017 Conques to SJPP
After completing the Le Puy - Conques route my partner and I will start our Spanish Camino from Ourense 11 October and finish in Santiago de Compostela on 17 October 2015. These will be our first Caminos and despite being in the "senior" category with all the usual physical challenges that come with that we will give it a go. However we will use baggage services along the way and stay in private albergues/hotels etc.... but hopefully as cheap as possible.

I've learnt so much from reading this forum about the route - thank you so much to everyone for sharing their advice and experience. I was assuming we'd do: Ourense/Cea/Castro Dozon (Oseira Monastry)/Lalin/Silleda/Santiago - with a 2 day stop in Silleda.

Am having trouble working out where to stay in the Castro Dozon area as without sleeping bags/sheets I don't think we could stay at the Oseira Monastry?

Any comments/advice - suggestions about rethinking that section of the route, would be most welcome.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola

I know this problem! But there is a solution. On the route from Cea to Castro Dozon I stayed in a most excellent and cheap hostal called O Refugio http://www.orefugio.es/esp/csantiago.html They are very pilgrim friendly. I think at that time Bed and Breakfast was 15 €, they also do dinner. The owner is also the local taxi driver. If you want to walk the length to Castro Dozon he will pick you up and drop you off there. It is ideally placed to go via Oseira.

Buen Camino

John

Hola

I know this problem! But there is a solution. On the route from Cea to Castro Dozon I stayed in a most excellent and cheap hostal called O Refugio http://www.orefugio.es/esp/csantiago.html They are very pilgrim friendly. I think at that time Bed and Breakfast was 15 €, they also do dinner. The owner is also the local taxi driver. If you want to walk the length to Castro Dozon he will pick you up and drop you off there. It is ideally placed to go via Oseira.

Buen Camino

John
Dear John

I love this Forum...... instant assistance! Many thanks John that is perfect. We are attempting these Caminos despite some limitations so I am pleased to know about a helpful local taxi driver.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hola

Buen Camino

John
Dear John
Admittedly, I don't speak any Spanish and I can't see a "translation" button on the orefugio website. With a bit of french I can work out what the website means but can I write to the owner in English? Should I seek help from Mr Google to translate my email before making contact. Thank you in advance for your advice about such protocols. Kind regards Sue

As I remember his daughter speaks very good English! E mail him and if there is any difficulty let me know and we'll see what can be done. You could also think about using his place as a base returning there in the evening and being dropped off where ever you wish in the morning.

As I remember his daughter speaks very good English! E mail him and if there is any difficulty let me know and we'll see what can be done. You could also think about using his place as a base returning there in the evening and being dropped off where every you wish in the morning.
Fantastic advice - thank you once again. Will email now. Sue

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back