• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Be aware of a con artist by the name of Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

camino4me

[ivar removed the full name of this person]

I was hesitated at first to share my experience because there was nothing serious happened on the way but now, I decide to report this incident just to make fellow pilgrims on the way aware of this man if he ever came back. I don't know if this man will ever walk the camino again but according to him, he has been a 3rd time pilgrim on the french camino. He is a 68 years old, usually targets female lone walker for romantic pursuit to take advantage of them sexually and financially. An Algerian french who resides in Alsace, he claimed to have walked his 2nd camino for his ex common law partner who had cancer. He also said he loves women and that they are like air to him. He openly admitted that he was a womanizer, a player, but now he is old, he needs to be with someone. He is looking for someone to be his last love. He will look at you straight in the eyes and even asks you to look in his eyes when he expresses his interest in you. I ran into him 2 times shortly on the french camino in July/2014 we barely talked and knew each other and he came on to me strongly. The second occasion that we ran into each other at the same albergue 6km before Santo Domingo de la Calzada, after meeting me for a couple hours, at bedtime, he casually suggested that I could share the bed in his sleeping bag, just to lie next to him, he won't touch me if I don't want to! I felt very uncomfortable and refused. Fortunately there were another couple in the dorm so I felt safe. (it was a private albergue with 2 bunk beds in the room). We walked the 6 km to Santo Domingo together, he was a very smooth talker, very opened about his past mischief, over friendly and flirty. As I was uncomfortable with his flirty attitude, I told him on the way that I prefer to walk alone and that I would say goodbye to him as we reach the town where I would rejoin my previous group. I recently found out by one of his girlfriends, (by chance), that he has a game addiction, he is a sex addict, he has multiple sexual partners in Cannes who supplies his room and board when he is in the region. Furthermore, he has a manipulative way to make other pilgrims to pay for his meals. He mentioned about a group of Canadian walkers who took pity on him and paid for his bed and food along the way on his second camino. It is evident that he would pursue women whom he think can supply him with free sex, free food and money I am curious to see if anyone else experience this man's advances on the way? I was lucky to save myself from him! I should have been more firm and tough to immediately get rid of him however I'm kind of shy and gentle in nature. I don't want to be harsh and confrontational! Lesson learned though! Be safe out there ladies!

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Crumbs!
Well done on escaping, my unnamed friend.
I hope the rest of your camino was wonderful. I assume that was a typing error, and that you met him in July 2014.
And, please, don't let it stop you from talking to other elderly lone peregrinos: I love my 'camino family' as my diaries confirm [see my web site]. We are not all after free food and sex!
Buen camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yikes!!!! That does not sound like a plesent situation at all.

Well done for keeping your head and trusting your instincts.

I hope once you parted you were able to relax into your Camino and put it all aside.

Yes, I was among friends after that and continued on to be at Santiago on the 23/07 on time for the festival. It was great!

Crumbs!
Well done on escaping, my unnamed friend.
I hope the rest of your camino was wonderful. I assume that was a typing error, and that you met him in July 2014.
And, please, don't let it stop you from talking to other elderly lone peregrinos: I love my 'camino family' as my diaries confirm [see my web site]. We are not all after free food and sex!
Buen camino!

Thanks Stephen, I learn to be opened mind and maintain a pay it forward attitude on the camino. Walking 5 different long and short routes of the camino I was fortunate to meet all kind and helpful pilgrims on the way. I have shared my walks with people from 18 t0 85 yr old before, all were respectful and thoughtful. This man was the only exception, he was just a reminder that the camino has all kinds of people with different background, intentions, and characters. It's the same in life. I won't be pre judgemental of others because of the bad behaviour of one individual. Buen camino.

In the large groups of pilgrims you meet along the Camino, you are sure to run into a few unsavory or even shocking personalities.
It's good to use your gut and common sense.
He sounds annoying but harmless.

Actually, after I posted this, I edited it because I think I may have run into this guy last year. He kept nudging up to me, putting his arm around me, taking photos of me, telling me how beautiful my smile was, how much he liked my pack, blah blah blah. This was in Pamplona. It was flattering at first, then became obvious he was a lounge lizard type. Then, by the time we got to Uterga, he had latched onto a much younger peregrina and they were in love. ::laughing::

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Sadly this happens all over the world, particularly in areas where times are tough. I've seen it in my travels. Both men and women can take advantage of other's good nature. The Camino is not immune. Best to be yourself but keep your eyes open and listen to your gut instinct. If it seems over the top or "off" in any way just be careful. Don't ever feel like you have to be "nice" to someone who is making you uncomfortable. And do enlist the support of others. That being said...

Enjoy.
Laurel

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In all honesty - would I myself have met him - I wouldn't have labelled him as a con artist! I may even go so far as to say that he might have been pleasant company - ha!. But at a wink of an eye - and at the slightest hint that he would wish to exploit me in whichever way, I would have dropped him like a hot brick. - Those who purportedly supported him with pay for lodgings or meals, may either been extremely naive - or it was his own concocted tale to lure you.

This is only my take. I will, though, freely give to poor people when I see their need.

annelise

He sounds sleazy but not criminal.

In the large groups of pilgrims you meet along the Camino, you are sure to run into a few unsavory or even shocking personalities.
It's good to use your gut and common sense.
He sounds annoying but harmless.

Actually, after I posted this, I edited it because I think I may have run into this guy last year. He kept nudging up to me, putting his arm around me, taking photos of me, telling me how beautiful my smile was, how much he liked my pack, blah blah blah. This was in Pamplona. It was flattering at first, then became obvious he was a lounge lizard type. Then, by the time we got to Uterga, he had latched onto a much younger peregrina and they were in love. ::laughing::

Hello Anniesantiago, I'm not sure we are talking about the same person, the one I mentioned speaks very little English, fluent Arabic, French and basic italian. The behavior you described are similar. Within a short moment of meeting, he called me " Mon petit coeur", (hahaha, flattered, but no, thank you!!!) I conversed with him in french. Although he seems sleazy and harmless as cher99840 has put, (I like the word"sleazy ") but for a trusting and vulnerable woman supposedly, he might not be as harmless as appeared. My conversation with him during our short walk together brought on disturbing issue such as his mention of returning to Algeria at the age of 70 if he couldn't find woman in France who will take care of him. There, he can" buy" a younger woman as wife and bring her back to France to care for him in his old age. I openly and strongly opposed him on that idea, it's a form of human trafficking and modern slavery. When asked how he can be sure she would stay with him after arriving to France, he replied that he will make her pregnant, children will keep her busy and force her to stay. Personally, I think this guy is a psychopath. If he could speak better English, I think we would have heard more of his attempt. Taking advantage of vulnerable individual sexually and financially is despicable. According to what I heard from him and from one of his partners, this man has no kind regards or intention toward women. My purpose for this topic is to create an awareness of "sleazy, harmless" creature like him. Regardless, have no fear and be vigilant on the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do women need a warning specifically about this guy? I hope not! It is a good anecdote, though. I do not think he is a harmless "men will be men" case. It is far past flirtation, and crosses into assault. Men who justify it should look into themselves and see why they would defend it. :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Do women need a warning specifically about this guy? I hope not! It is a good anecdote, though. I do not think he is a harmless "men will be men" case. It is far past flirtation, and crosses into assault. Men who justify it should look into themselves and see why they would defend it. :)
Not to get into a debate of any kind on this issue, but being a former copper in the US I can say without hesitation that the man in question's activity does not constitute "assault" in any way. I've seen the end result of a lot of different categories of assaults, and the described actions ain't it. Is he eccentric and out of touch and in all likelihood full of BS? Undoubtedly. Should he be avoided? Yeah, unless you are entertained by the ramblings of a flake. Personally he sounds like he would get on my nerves just observing him trying to be a senior rico suave with the ladies on the Camino, most of whom have no interest in him, just to get some free lunch and a "little sumpin, sumpin". I suppose there is also the option of any lady on the Camino finding herself in a similar situation to just tell the guy (politely at first) that she is not interested, and if that don't work tell him (not so politely) to pound sand.
Again, to any prospective pilgrims reading this....don't be alarmed by the prospect of an occasional eccentric on the Camino. You throw 1/4 million people a year onto one stretch of Spanish trail and your bound to come across some.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I've worked in a profession with more than the average share of aging rakes. Some are good fun and good company, some rather sad and pathetic, some are predators and some are just sleezy. This guy sounds like a mixture of the last two.

I was once pursued around Biarritz by a very persistent aged Frenchman who wanted to show me a good time. He was not dissuaded by my declarations that I was married, very religious and had just completed a pilgrimage. I eventually took refuge in a hairdressing salon where I found solidarity among the other female clients and staff. Everyone had a tale to tell. Some experiences cross all cultural boundaries.

For women who live in France and within his region of Alsace and Cote d'Azur, or even as far as Italy, I think it is important to watch out for this guy if anyone has been approached by him and still keep in touch with him . I remember he talked about a perigrina he met on his 2nd camino, from Italy, he told me that they were in bed naked together but he didn't do anything! He said she is from Sardinia, Italy and they still keep in touch. I realized this is his way of saving the cost of living as he is retired and a heavy gambler (poker). He always said that he is a poor, sick, old man who needs love and comfort!!! He earns his life through the free lodging and food as well as money from his mistresses in Cannes and Mulhouse. When I sarcastically told him that I don't want to belong to his harem, he replied that he needs a lot of women and I would be his favourite one. To that, I just said, forget it, old man! Awful!

I've worked in a profession with more than the average share of aging rakes. Some are good fun and good company, some rather sad and pathetic, some are predators and some are just sleezy. This guy sounds like a mixture of the last two.

I was once pursued around Biarritz by a very persistent aged Frenchman who wanted to show me a good time. He was not dissuaded by my declarations that I was married, very religious and had just completed a pilgrimage. I eventually took refuge in a hairdressing salon where I found solidarity among the other female clients and staff. Everyone had a tale to tell. Some experiences cross all cultural boundaries.

Wonder if it was him because I experienced the same thing. I told him I am married but that doesn't stop him, he told me he knows how to please a woman, yikes!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm sure there are others like "Ben" with similar well practiced lines and cons. These stories serve as a reminder that even in a place that seems safe and friendly like the Camino, there can still be a few bad apples in the orchard.

I spent a semester studying in the center of Rome, Italy, and while I felt very safe walking for hours alone to do window-shopping or whatever, I could never sit down (not that there were great opportunities, Rome can be somewhat dirty) because of an experience I had over-looking the Circus Maximus, where an Italian man at least 55 asked if he could sit next to me and I made the mistake to assume he would not know English. He knew it very well, told me it was his birthday, wanted me to eat dinner (it was still near lunch) with him that evening, took a picture of me with my camera (I deleted it when I finally got away) etc.
A lot of Italian men are like that in the more populated areas at least. They move on very quickly to a new person. I think once you experience it, you can quickly pick up on if a person has a normal amount of respect for the distance between you and them. It does make you feel like you want to kick yourself though.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
.... an experience I had over-looking the Circus Maximus, where an Italian man .
Must have been the same man who followed me in his car in the same spot and reached out to grab my hinie. ;0)

In all seriousness it did happen, and it had the effect on me that when ever a poor man approached just because he was walking by I would jump out of the way. Ah, to be 20 again.

But this happens any and everywhere. And yes, why do they think all the creepy stuff they say is just that: creepy? These pour souls are a dime a dozen. And sadly, we are not really the apple of their eye, we are also a dime a dozen.

It is a sad situation when these things happen on the Camino. I came across a similar situation in 2009 but a young Portuguese man probably in mid to late twenty's. This guy turned to be a rel sleaze. He hung around a German married young and a German young lady.We met in Burges in line for the Albegue to open. He spook fluent Italian, English was poor but able to understand. He never seemed to have money excuse left it in hostel

This is why I always advise that people pack their "street smarts" or situational awareness when they prepare to do a Camino. I also frequently advise folks to turn them on (their street smarts) whenever stopping for the evening and when coming into a large town or city after being out in the countryside for several days or more.

There is a natural tendency among most pilgrims to relax, and go with the flow along the Camino. As I have repeatedly said, the Camino is safe. The "creep" quotient is very low. However, I never said or inferred that there were no shady types at all, anywhere.

Regardless of the profound and lasting impression the Camino will make on you, any person, regardless of gender must have their "antennae" up and working 24 x 7 . Ladies, I believe, are all born with a built-in "Bullsh&t detector" that usually serves them well in any social setting. ;) Do not forget to bring that sixth sense along with you. :)

You will be fine. Chivalry is NOT dead. There will be far more helpful people all along the Camino than there will be predatory types.

I hope this helps.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
[ivar removed the full name of this person]

I was hesitated at first to share my experience because there was nothing serious happened on the way but now, I decide to report this incident just to make fellow pilgrims on the way aware of this man if he ever came back. I don't know if this man will ever walk the camino again but according to him, he has been a 3rd time pilgrim on the french camino. He is a 68 years old, usually targets female lone walker for romantic pursuit to take advantage of them sexually and financially. An Algerian french who resides in Alsace, he claimed to have walked his 2nd camino for his ex common law partner who had cancer. He also said he loves women and that they are like air to him. He openly admitted that he was a womanizer, a player, but now he is old, he needs to be with someone. He is looking for someone to be his last love. He will look at you straight in the eyes and even asks you to look in his eyes when he expresses his interest in you. I ran into him 2 times shortly on the french camino in July/2014 we barely talked and knew each other and he came on to me strongly. The second occasion that we ran into each other at the same albergue 6km before Santo Domingo de la Calzada, after meeting me for a couple hours, at bedtime, he casually suggested that I could share the bed in his sleeping bag, just to lie next to him, he won't touch me if I don't want to! I felt very uncomfortable and refused. Fortunately there were another couple in the dorm so I felt safe. (it was a private albergue with 2 bunk beds in the room). We walked the 6 km to Santo Domingo together, he was a very smooth talker, very opened about his past mischief, over friendly and flirty. As I was uncomfortable with his flirty attitude, I told him on the way that I prefer to walk alone and that I would say goodbye to him as we reach the town where I would rejoin my previous group. I recently found out by one of his girlfriends, (by chance), that he has a game addiction, he is a sex addict, he has multiple sexual partners in Cannes who supplies his room and board when he is in the region. Furthermore, he has a manipulative way to make other pilgrims to pay for his meals. He mentioned about a group of Canadian walkers who took pity on him and paid for his bed and food along the way on his second camino. It is evident that he would pursue women whom he think can supply him with free sex, free food and money I am curious to see if anyone else experience this man's advances on the way? I was lucky to save myself from him! I should have been more firm and tough to immediately get rid of him however I'm kind of shy and gentle in nature. I don't want to be harsh and confrontational! Lesson learned though! Be safe out there ladies!

This guy sounds like the type of typical European lothario who, in my experience, were a dime a dozen in Europe in the late 1960's and early 1970's. Why this particular approach works with some women is a mystery to me, but apparently it does, or he, and others like him, wouldn't keep doing it. Telling a story to get a woman in bed is an approach as old as the hills. As a woman, if you like that game, you can play it. If you don't, you can say no thanks, and move on.

@tploomis These guys are, at least in my experience, not only from Europe, can be from all over the world! SY

Hear hear SYates! The sleeze of the month on my Camino 2011 was a Brazilian dentist ( or that was what he believed he was...I dunno ) but again the creature could have been of any nationality. Anyway : a golden future would await me if I would only marry him and help him out financially...:).
Used my common sense ( that lovely magic construction we humans have ). A nice male Camino friend and I then told mr . Brazil we were engaged...and that was the end of the Brazilian amourette...

Last edited:
I'm going to just put this out there:
I find users and leaches so annoying, so insidious, so annoying that I kindly ditch them.
Don't allow others to take advantage of you, or of people you love. Be honest, and ditch them fast.
You don't have to teach morality and ethics. Just shake them off, and walk on.

That absolutely true, in terms of basic character, intent and scruples (or lack thereof.) However, there are detail and "style" differences in difference cultures!
My mother used to call them carpet sales men.

€149,-
Another thing to watch out for and to use your common sense about...especially all you good hearted generous folks:
I was approached coming up the hill near O Cebreiro by a pair of women, apparently deaf, asking for donations on behalf of a charity--they had a clipboard and official looking sign-up sheet. After they passed, and were a little way behind us, we heard them chattering away. Definitely con artists. In this case they were Gypsies, but I assume this sort can be anyone.
Edit: BTW I got sucked in...the friend I was walking with quite rightly told me off later for being so naive. Well, first time last time. The warnings here to use our street smarts are well posted!

Last edited:
Hear hear SYates! The sleeze of the month on my Camino 2011 was a Brazilian dentist ( or that was what he believed he was...I dunno ) but again the creature could have been of any nationality. Anyway : a golden future would await me if I would only marry him and help him out financially...:).
Used my common sense ( that lovely magic construction we humans have ). A nice male Camino friend and I then told mr . Brazil we were engaged...and that was the end of the Brazilian amourette...
Oh, that's so sad ;)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I was approached coming up the hill near O Cebreiro by a pair of women, apparently deaf, asking for donations on behalf of a charity--they had a clipboard and official looking sign-up sheet. After they passed, and were a little way behind us, we heard them chattering away. Definitely con artists. In this case they were Gypsies, but I assume this sort can be anyone.
Edit: BTW I got sucked in...the friend I was walking with quite rightly told me off later for being so naive. Well, first time last time. The warnings here to use our street smarts are well posted!
Met the same girls two years ago around about the same area I was at first taken in but then my street smarts started to ring! However I met another poor man a little farther on who had no legs only prosthetics and a bicycle with his gear on it to give you a wax seal on your credential with a bare foot indented into it. He said he had been in the Paralympic Games and was trying to raise funds for the next one. I avoided giving him a too large a sum of money but his gentle manner and his wonderful wax seal on my credential I treasure as a Camino memory. If his story was true or false I was a happy pilgrim as I left him, and I think he was too!

A man with no legs, riding a bicycle, offering a seal would have gotten my offering too. He may (or may not) be a common beggar, but certainly doesn't sound like a scammer.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Not to get into a debate of any kind on this issue, but being a former copper in the US I can say without hesitation that the man in question's activity does not constitute "assault" in any way. I've seen the end result of a lot of different categories of assaults, and the described actions ain't it
Not even in California?:D
Dunno about assault, but the uninvited hugging and, ahem, overly familiar language, would sure count as sexual harassment in a workplace here.

Not to get into a debate of any kind on this issue, but being a former copper in the US I can say without hesitation that the man in question's activity does not constitute "assault" in any way. I've seen the end result of a lot of different categories of assaults, and the described actions ain't it. Is he eccentric and out of touch and in all likelihood full of BS? Undoubtedly. Should he be avoided? Yeah, unless you are entertained by the ramblings of a flake. Personally he sounds like he would get on my nerves just observing him trying to be a senior rico suave with the ladies on the Camino, most of whom have no interest in him, just to get some free lunch and a "little sumpin, sumpin". I suppose there is also the option of any lady on the Camino finding herself in a similar situation to just tell the guy (politely at first) that she is not interested, and if that don't work tell him (not so politely) to pound sand.
Again, to any prospective pilgrims reading this....don't be alarmed by the prospect of an occasional eccentric on the Camino. You throw 1/4 million people a year onto one stretch of Spanish trail and your bound to come across some.
There is something quite soothing in being poor, old & ugly. The guy that wants a little "sumpin, sumpin" will pass me by and I can watch his failed attempts from a distance. Also, I have granddaughters, and have developed an instinctive mama bear attitude toward men who prey on women. Don't worry girls. Nana got your back!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
... Also, I have granddaughters, and have developed an instinctive mama bear attitude toward men who prey on women. Don't worry girls. Nana got your back!

Nana Bear, I think I would love walking with you.

SY *The German Shepherd Dog, who is always concerned that her fellow pilgrims are safe and well fed.*

PS Your post reminds me so much of the 'Monstrous Regiment' by Terry Pratchett - You are my lads now!

SY *The German Shepherd Dog, who is always concerned that her fellow pilgrims are safe and well fed.*

PS Your post reminds me so much of the 'Monstrous Regiment' by Terry Pratchett - You are my lads now!

I think both of you are wonderful ladies and it would be a joy walking with you...

How Wonderful! I have groupies already! My timing changed, I will do Camino Frances beginning Aug 2 or 3, depending on what I want to see in Paris first. I'll walk with you, but I'm slow... You young ladies must remember that you have an inner voice that will tell you when something is not right, and wonderful people surrounding you on your walk that will show you the way safely. Do not allow the bad experiences of a few to mar your Camino. Keep the victims and the perps in your thoughts and prayers, but do not alter your life. Walk. Experience. Laugh. Remember.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yeah, I fell in love with Nana Bear's note that she had the younger girls' backs. Well done. And by the way, younger girls, so do I. I have NO problem with assertively protecting the sisterhood o_O Or the brethren, for that matter.

It is wonderful to see the sisterhood and brotherhood in the camino community! Previously I walked the camino mostly by myself but from now on, I would feel safer walking with other pilgrims. The recent missing of Denise Thiem and the occasional robberies made me nervous! Not to mention creeps like Ben! Warmest regards to all!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am on the Camino Frances right now and was approached by Señor Suave while I was on a bench getting some food out of my pack. He was trying all the lines in Spanish and when I gave him the "no habla español" he really moved in with the "ah inglés" phony charm. Just when I thought I was going to have to get really rude and aggressive, a female shopkeeper who had been watching ran out and chased him away!

Spanish Sisterhood!

Met the same girls two years ago around about the same area I was at first taken in but then my street smarts started to ring! However I met another poor man a little farther on who had no legs only prosthetics and a bicycle with his gear on it to give you a wax seal on your credential with a bare foot indented into it. He said he had been in the Paralympic Games and was trying to raise funds for the next one. I avoided giving him a too large a sum of money but his gentle manner and his wonderful wax seal on my credential I treasure as a Camino memory. If his story was true or false I was a happy pilgrim as I left him, and I think he was too!
I bought a t shirt from him and got the wax stamp :)

Maybe I'm going to bring a walking staff after all. Or a hockey stick...

A 'Cattle Prod' would be sure to do the trick I think ;)

(A cattle prod, also called a stock prod, is a handheld device commonly used to make cattle or other livestock move by striking or poking them. An electric cattle prod is a stick with electrodes on the end which is used to make cattle move through a relatively high-voltage, low-current electric shock. The electric cattle prod is said to have been invented by Texas cattle baron Robert J. Kleberg, Jr.[1][2] of the King Ranch around 1930, although versions were sold as early as 1917.)

This brings up a question. Let’s say I am walking by and see a peregrina who is obviously unenamored by the sleazy man sitting next to or walking next to her. Should I rescue her by announcing myself as an old friend? Or will I be taken as a second sleazy man? As a retired cop I tend to be overprotective.should I just ask if everything is OK? That is what I would do stateside.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Reports of money missing from a few wallets at Rocanvelles this afternoon. Money was taken, but the wallets/purses were not. Police have been called. Stay safe!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back