• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Anyone from the top of the South, NZ, walking the Camino Frances 2015?

Jon & Viv

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2015); Camino del Norte (2017)
Hi we are from Nelson, keen to hear from anyone in our area heading to walk the Camino this year. We are walking April-June. It would be great to meet and share plans.
Cheers, Jon and Vivienne

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi we are from Nelson, keen to hear from anyone in our area heading to walk the Camino this year. We are walking April-June. It would be great to meet and share plans.
Cheers, Jon and Vivienne
I'm doing a shortened Camino Leon to Santiago 1-16 May

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Jon and Viv
Don't worry if you don't find anyone to chat with before you go - it would be hard NOT to make friends once you're on the road!
We even met a couple who live a mere few minutes away from us at Bodenaya and kept meeting them after that.
And you've got this forum to share your enthusiasm;-)

But if you're ever up in Auckland, you can look me up too.

Cheers, Jon and Vivienne
I'm planning to set off in late June from Figeac. I live in Nelson.

Cheers, Jon and Vivienne
Hello Jon and Vivienne, we are not walking but cycling the Camino May-June this year. We are starting in Holland and cycling via Belgium, through Paris and joining the Camino in Le Puy, France.
Regards,
Verona

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Cheers, Jon and Vivienne
Hi from Christchurch I leave st Jean on April 29 I was going to be travelling with my husband but sadly he passed away on January 30. So I have booked with a company called raw travel, they arrange to transport my luggage and arrange my accommodation. When do you plan to leave stj? Warm regards Mia Ryan

Much sympathy Mia,my heart goes out to you losing your husband. I'm sure he will be with you in spirit on your Camino.
Heather

Hi from Christchurch I leave st Jean on April 29 I was going to be travelling with my husband but sadly he passed away on January 30. So I have booked with a company called raw travel, they arrange to transport my luggage and arrange my accommodation. When do you plan to leave stj? Warm regards Mia Ryan

Hi Mia - we are so sorry to hear of your loss. Maybe we will meet up on the Camino. We feel for you deeply.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I'm American but live several months a year in NZ, my daughter and I arrive in Roncesvalles on 14 Apr to start the trek on the 15.

Btw saw the Aarn pack, I'm using the same. I've purchased all our gear in ChCh or Qtown.
Hi Leslie+Skye, may you have a great time walking. Who knows - our paths might cross. Buen Camino

Hi Jon and Viv and all the other kiwi's walking the Camino. My husband and I are starting from SJPdP mid May - June. We look forward to following you journey. Good luck and Buen Camino! Sarah&Simon, Auckland

I'm planning to set off in late June from Figeac. I live in Nelson.

We are leaving this week, doing a little traveling before we start our walk. We will be back by mid June. Maybe you would like to touch base before you leave.
You have a very long walk in front of you - we had to look up where Figeac was!
Best wishes, Vivienne and Jon

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Mia - we are so sorry to hear of your loss. Maybe we will meet up on the Camino. We feel for you deeply.
We leave SJPdP on 23rd April. We leave NZ this week. We hope your preparations are going well.
V and J

Jon and Viv
Don't worry if you don't find anyone to chat with before you go - it would be hard NOT to make friends once you're on the road!
We even met a couple who live a mere few minutes away from us at Bodenaya and kept meeting them after that.
And you've got this forum to share your enthusiasm;-)

But if you're ever up in Auckland, you can look me up too.

Hi Rachel, we enjoyed following your progress last year as we began thinking and planning for this year. Best wishes for the Oxfam walk soon.

Hi Mia
I just saw your post on the kiwi thread....so sorry to hear of your loss. It is courageous of you to go ahead anyway and so soon. I wish you all the best and trust your walk will be a time of reflection and the beginnings of healing, and that others will be sensitive to you in your grief. May you meet many angels to minister to you along the way.

John and Viv
All the best - just a month until you begin walking. Enjoy your pre-walk trip too!
As for me, not long til Oxfam now - in fact, hopefully I'll be finishing about now in exactly one week's time.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We are leaving this week, doing a little traveling before we start our walk. We will be back by mid June. Maybe you would like to touch base before you leave.
You have a very long walk in front of you - we had to look up where Figeac was!
Best wishes, Vivienne and Jon
Sorry, John & Viv - I lost my password. I'd love to catch up with you if there is time. I leave here 11 June. E

Hi Mia,

I'm organising the release of the film Walking the Camino in NZ and would like to chat to you about event opportunities in Christchurch if you are interested?

http://www.umbrellaent.com.au/movie/walking-the-camino/

If so please contact me on +61 3 9020 5134 or send me your best number to fergus@umbrellaent.com.au

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Jon and Viv and all the other kiwi's walking the Camino. My husband and I are starting from SJPdP mid May - June. We look forward to following you journey. Good luck and Buen Camino! Sarah&Simon, Auckland

Hi Jon and Viv,

I'm organising the release of the film Walking the Camino in NZ and would like to chat to you about event opportunities in Auckland if you are interested?

http://www.umbrellaent.com.au/movie/walking-the-camino/

If so please contact me on +61 3 9020 5134 or send me your best number to fergus@umbrellaent.com.au

Hi Mia. I am doing the Camino next year on my own. I live near Christchurch and would love to have a chat and hear how your pilgrimage went. My email is Paula.rose@wmelton.com cheers Paula

Cheers, Jon and Vivienne
Hi Jon and Vivienne…I'm from Nelson too….presume you are home again? How was it? I walked it back in 2010, and hope to do another Camino next year, and might even walk the return to St John Pied de Port. Love to hear how you got on…..

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Jon and Vivienne…I'm from Nelson too….presume you are home again? How was it? I walked it back in 2010, and hope to do another Camino next year, and might even walk the return to St John Pied de Port. Love to hear how you got on…..
Hi Jann,
It was a great experience and we enjoy talking about our trip very much!! So we would love to catch up with you sometime. Give us a ring: 5446507. We live in Hope.

Thanks for replying! I'm heading away for a few days but next week will call you...I'm in Nelson itself. It's always fabulous chatting to Camino walkers! Jann

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.