• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lourdes to Santiago

AML

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
Hello everyone,
I am thinking of walking from Lourdes to Santiago starting in Lourdes mid May. What would be typical weather conditions/temperstures in the Pyrenees mountains in May? I know impossible to predict.....
My other option is September start.
Thanks
Aidan

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In May 2013, it rained 27 days out of 31 in France, the most rain in recent history. Last year was not as bad. Hope for good luck! :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am planning on starting in Oloron-Sainte-Marie late in May and will be watching the weather in Somport regarding the conditions of the mountain crossing, stay in touch.

As of this writing, I am planning to start in mid/late - May from Lourdes. I'm planning this so that I have a couple of days walking before I go from SJPdP to Roncevalles and continue on. Still working out the details.

Thanks for replies...
How many days walking from Lourdes to Puente la Reina....not more than 25k per day? Via Somport!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back