• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in Seville?

AWalkabout

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2011, VdlP 2015+2017, Podiensis 2019
Hi,
I would appreciate if anyone can recommend a place to stay in Seville for 1-2 nights. We would like a place where it's possible to get a private room - double bed or twin bed, doesn't matter.
I've looked at Hostel Triana, but it seems that it's nearly completely booked in the beginning of May. Does anyone have other suggestions?
Thanks.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I stayed at the Hotel Simon in Sevilla, I paid about 40 euros for single about six years ago so it may be more now. Sevilla is a touristy city, but there are a lot of pensiones and cheaper places to stay across the river in Triana (around where the backpackers hostel is). I met several people who had found good cheap clean options just walking around in Triana.

You could also try infohostal.com and look in both Sevilla and Triana, I'll bet they will have something. Good luck with this. Not sure where you're arriving from, but Sevilla is a great place to get over jetlag. Lots of sun and warm temps. Buen camino, Laurie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi - imho the barrio to look is the Barrio Santa Cruz which is the heart of Sevilla. The atmosphere is wonderful with many street cafes and restaurants, balconies overflowing with flowers and of course the cathedral and Royal Palace. Booking.com has 43 1* places listed in the barrio. I am sure you will find something. A very central and modestly priced place where I have stayed is the Pension Benito. Good luck!

I'm with Laurie on this one. I've been staying at the Simon for 20 years now, long before I got bitten by the camino bug, and couldn't imagine a visit to Seville (or, now, a prelude to the VdlP) without being based there. A beautiful interior courtyard and fountain, lovely tiles, amazingly quiet considering how central it is, pleasant staff, surprisingly good value. And the historico horno pastelleria 50 yards up the street, right by the first camino scallop, just opposite the Giralda, does good coffee and great pastries and is packed with well heeled Sevillanos.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I just booked a room in a private home near the cathedral through Airbnb for €31 a night. I've used Airbnb services 3 times before and have been happy with their services, twice in San Antonio, Texas, and once in New Orleans. I know someone who used it in Barcelona and Madrid with no problem.
You have to provide personal photo ID. Both you and your host evaluate each other. You can read reviews of each site. I have read both good and bad reviews. I rather stay in a place where there have been many positive reviews.
After I booked my flight last week wondered if it was too soon to reserve a place. I found that several places were already booked for September.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back