• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How feasible is walking this route between 18th and 25th ?October

Elaurel

Time of past OR future Camino
Walikgn the camino frances in Sept oct and hoping to get friends to join for finisterra muxia in october
I am hoping to get friends to fly to Santiago after I have walked the Camino Frances, and spend four days walking to Finsiterre and Muxia before flying back bout 25th October. Is this a good idea, weather, hostels and other things?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am hoping to get friends to fly to Santiago after I have walked the Camino Frances, and spend four days walking to Finsiterre and Muxia before flying back bout 25th October. Is this a good idea, weather, hostels and other things?

Hi, Elaurel, I have often wished I could bring over some of my friends here in the US to show them what the camino is like, and the Camino to Finisterre and Muxia would be an excellent introduction, IMO. Not too much ascent, good infrastructure, nice towns, views, etc. My only hesitation would be the distances that a 4 day walk would require -- not for you, but for people just starting out. In the "standard" stages to Finisterre and Muxia, the days look like this:

Santiago-Olveiroa (21) - Negreira (33) - Finisterre (33) - Muxia (31) (substantially similar if you go to Muxia first).

If you had the flexibility, breaking up the walk either into Finisterre or Muxia into 4 days gives you more manageable stages. Other people have posted suggestions on how to do that, and if you look for some of Margaret's posts (mspath) you'll find some good ideas. The 31 between Muxia and Finisterre would be a long day maybe but as the last day walking I think even inexperienced walkers can push through assuming they are basically fit. There's also an option to break the Muxia - Finisterre segment into two with a stop in Lires. Lires has a few casas rurales, etc, and is about 1.5 km from a beautiful little beach with nice paths to explore. But that would make your 4 day walk a 6 day walk and I don't know if you have the time.

October can be rainy, but it can be warm and sunny. I also think that the warm temps over the last few decades have been pushing further into Oct/Nov.

Buen camino, Laurie

Hi, Elaurel, I have often wished I could bring over some of my friends here in the US to show them what the camino is like, and the Camino to Finisterre and Muxia would be an excellent introduction, IMO. Not too much ascent, good infrastructure, nice towns, views, etc. My only hesitation would be the distances that a 4 day walk would require -- not for you, but for people just starting out. In the "standard" stages to Finisterre and Muxia, the days look like this:

Santiago-Olveiroa (21) - Negreira (33) - Finisterre (33) - Muxia (31) (substantially similar if you go to Muxia first).

If you had the flexibility, breaking up the walk either into Finisterre or Muxia into 4 days gives you more manageable stages. Other people have posted suggestions on how to do that, and if you look for some of Margaret's posts (mspath) you'll find some good ideas. The 31 between Muxia and Finisterre would be a long day maybe but as the last day walking I think even inexperienced walkers can push through assuming they are basically fit. There's also an option to break the Muxia - Finisterre segment into two with a stop in Lires. Lires has a few casas rurales, etc, and is about 1.5 km from a beautiful little beach with nice paths to explore. But that would make your 4 day walk a 6 day walk and I don't know if you have the time.

October can be rainy, but it can be warm and sunny. I also think that the warm temps over the last few decades have been pushing further into Oct/Nov.

Buen camino, Laurie
Thanks so much Laurie, I think we could take another day, possibly going to Muxia first, then Finisterra, with the possibility of getting a bus back to Santiago? Basically Ryanair fly from UK direct on a Sunday, and we could all fly back togther the following Sunday. It would be great for them to have time to see SdC too! I will look for Margaret's posts too. Lires sounds good!

Hi Elaurel,

Laurie has mentioned me to you and to save you a search here are some of my post notes re walking the CF and CM.

In Negreira I stop at the Xunta albergue ; in Vilaserio at the private Albergue O Rueiro; in Olveiroa at the Xunta Albergue; in Corcubian at the San Roque albergue; and in Finisterre at the Xunta Albergue.

Please note that the above albergue names are hot links which lead to further info re each albergue on the Gronze web site.

To read my past blog comments regarding these places click these links below.

Happy planning and Carpe Diem!

Margaret Meredith

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back