• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leaving Valencia April 3

Ron perkins

Time of past OR future Camino
Way of St. James (05) Le Put-Pamplona (07) La Plata (09) Norte (11)
Portuguese from Lisbom (13) Levante (15)
My wife and I will start the Levante on April 2. Let us now if you in the area about this time

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My wife and I will start the Levante on April 2. Let us now if you in the area about this time
Hi, Ron,
I'm leaving two months behind you. Would be nice to hear from you also when on Levante.
Did you already make reservation for a room in Valencia?

Ultreia!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello Ron, I am starting on the 16th just two weeks after you. Let me know how you get on, maybe some posts. I see you have good Camino experience. Have a great time.

I'm sure I stayed in an albergue with two beds - at Las Pedroneras in the Casa Paroquial I think.

Andy

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I'm sure I stayed in an albergue with two beds - at Las Pedroneras in the Casa Paroquial I think.

Andy

You´re right about that, Andy. I was walking with two French men, and we ran into a French couple on the way into Las Pedroñeras. We all walked into town together and went to the Casa Parroquial. Since they were two and we were three, we went to the hostal on the highway (Hostal Bomba, must be), which was new and clean and not too expensive. Good menú del día there as well. We never saw that French couple again, so I never heard anything about their stay there. Though there are a lot of small ones, the more recently opened albergues tend to have 6-10 beds, I think. That may reflect an increase in numbers, I don´t know. Buen camino, Laurie

I have info that in Las Pedroneras there's also muni albergue/acogida on Ctra.N-301 km158 (967-160-022 (Cruz Roja)), but couldn't get any info on number of beds. Will try to find that out this summer.

Hi, Kinky,
Leave it to you to have information that no one else has ever found, I don´t know how you do it. As you probably know, there is also Cruz Roja accommodation in Moixent, but I wimped out and stayed in the casa rural. My French pals were in the Cruz Roja and politely described it as basic.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, Kinky,
Leave it to you to have information that no one else has ever found, I don´t know how you do it. As you probably know, there is also Cruz Roja accommodation in Moixent, but I wimped out and stayed in the casa rural. My French pals were in the Cruz Roja and politely described it as basic.
Hahaha, well for sure I haven't made that up myself ;)
For Moixent I've found out this:

(6/8pl, MUNI, »Cruz Roja«, Asamblea Comaracal de Cruz Roja, Avda.Hijas de la Caridad (Ctra.Nacional), 616-948-485 (Policia Local, Pl.de la Hispanidad 3) or ask in Ayto.( Pl.Mayor, 962-295-010)) don€

For Moixent I've found out this:

(6/8pl, MUNI, »Cruz Roja«, Asamblea Comaracal de Cruz Roja, Avda.Hijas de la Caridad (Ctra.Nacional), 616-948-485 (Policia Local, Pl.de la Hispanidad 3) or ask in Ayto.( Pl.Mayor, 962-295-010)) don€

Yup, that's the place. It's up some steps near the railroad station. Casa Rural is not far away if you're not up to it. :) http://webrural.com/España/Valencia-España/Mogente/Corral-de-Pablanch/es (nice place to stay, but a terrible meal).

Yup, that's the place. It's up some steps near the railroad station. Casa Rural is not far away if you're not up to it. :) http://webrural.com/España/Valencia-España/Mogente/Corral-de-Pablanch/es (nice place to stay, but a terrible meal).
I remember "complaints" about the meal in your blog/posts :) I've put remark in my notes right away. If I can forseen or predict something then I would, but otherwise I'm not a control freak and having no problems with surprises. I even like to get lost sometimes ;)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I remember "complaints" about the meal in your blog/posts :) I've put remark in my notes right away. If I can forseen or predict something then I would, but otherwise I'm not a control freak and having no problems with surprises. I even like to get lost sometimes ;)

I´d describe myself less as a control freak and more as a dirt freak, I´m the one who always volunteers to go to the casa rural or pensión when the accommodation looks "rustic.":rolleyes:

I stayed in the Cruz Roja in Moixente! It was basic. I had to do some serious cleaning, but it was free. The only worrying moment was after lunch when I couldn't get the door open to get back in. One of the Guards from the Barracks next door came and used his boot. It was made of metal and had swollen in the sun!

I ate in one of the bars in the town - there was a group having paella who made sure I ate

Andy

Basic indeed, which I don't mind at all (I've slept in I don't know how many polideportivos along the Mozárabe) but the Cruz Roja was filthy when we stayed there. The view of Moixente from the albergue was quite quite nice though, if you remember the blue roof of the church.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
In April last year we arrived at Las Pedroneras as a group of three and called at the police station on the way in. We were advised that the two bed albergue was already taken. The police phoned La Bomba which was full, then sent us to Casa Mauricio above a gym near the Centro de Salud. Very comfortable individual studio apartments, each with bedroom/ensuite, sitting room, kitchenette, and one of the apartments had a washing machine. From memory 20 Euros. A sign on the wall read Information 967 16 31 10; Vicente 610 87 85 74. Had an excellent meal at La Castilla on the main road.

In April last year we arrived at Las Pedroneras as a group of three and called at the police station on the way in. We were advised that the two bed albergue was already taken. The police phoned La Bomba which was full, then sent us to Casa Mauricio above a gym near the Centro de Salud. Very comfortable individual studio apartments, each with bedroom/ensuite, sitting room, kitchenette, and one of the apartments had a washing machine. From memory 20 Euros. A sign on the wall read Information 967 16 31 10; Vicente 610 87 85 74. Had an excellent meal at La Castilla on the main road.
Thank you for this information. Do you remember the price was for apartment or per person?

Hi K1
We each took a separate apartment, for which we paid 20 Euros each. I don't know what the cost would be if two people shared an apartment.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi K1
We each took a separate apartment, for which we paid 20 Euros each. I don't know what the cost would be if two people shared an apartment.
Thanks for that. My sources stated the same amount in Casa Mauricio for single and double is 35€ which is still a bargain if you take into account all of the free options (not donativo, I know ;)) for sleeping on Levante. Also it's cheaper than El Bomba where single costs 25€.

Hello Ron, I am starting on the 16th just two weeks after you. Let me know how you get on, maybe some posts. I see you have good Camino experience. Have a great time.
Not too likely that our paths will cross, but who knows. I will try to pass on any useful little tidbits. Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Not too likely that we will see you, but you never know. We will try to post you any little tidbits that might be helpful.

Cheers Ron, Enjoy.
Nalod

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.