• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where did you walk today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have been looking forward to posting in this thread for ages! Being house bound by deadline was driving me crazy, so I put my non-walking time to good use and ordered a pair of Pacerpoles for my February Project (in short: walking more, working less). And today I was actually outside the house, walking! Not far in a Camino sense of a walk, but I did clock up over 10K steps and over 8kms with my jet engine poles - on the Wirral Way in Cheshire, UK. The water in the puddles was frozen, the trees were bare but the sun was shining, so the dog walkers, the dogs and I were all in our finest mood. A good little walk that got some oxygen back into my brain!

Attachments

• 2015-02-03 16.56.38.jpg
    2015-02-03 16.56.38.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • 2015-02-03 16.57.53.jpg
    2015-02-03 16.57.53.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I have been looking forward to posting in this thread for ages! Being house bound by deadline was driving me crazy, so I put my non-walking time to good use and ordered a pair of Pacerpoles for my February Project (in short: walking more, working less). And today I was actually outside the house, walking! Not far in a Camino sense of a walk, but I did clock up over 10K steps and over 8kms with my jet engine poles - on the Wirral Way in Cheshire, UK. The water in the puddles was frozen, the trees were bare but the sun was shining, so the dog walkers, the dogs and I were all in our finest mood. A good little walk that got some oxygen back into my brain!

Yippee! Good news!

Hi AudTrekker,
I am in Dublin overnight 13th/14th May arriving 13th about 1000hrs and leaving 14th about 0930hrs.
I quite liked the idea of getting a stamp/sello at St James's place. Sadly, you didn't say where we could get the stamp/sello. I am overnighting in the Times Hostal on College Street so I am guessing I can walk to the Guiness Storehouse wherever that is and get my stamp. Is there a particular office/shop/reception I should head for please ;-)
Hi John,
The walk from College St should take about 25 minutes. I was talking to a staff member outside and she said you can get it stamped inside so I'm assuming she meant at reception??
College St is a good choice, very central and in walking distance of most everything including the renowned Temple Bar area for restaurants and pubs!!

Hi John,
The walk from College St should take about 25 minutes. I was talking to a staff member outside and she said you can get it stamped inside so I'm assuming she meant at reception??
College St is a good choice, very central and in walking distance of most everything including the renowned Temple Bar area for restaurants and pubs!!
Yes, its at the reception of the visitor centre.

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.02.03_23h46m19s_005_.png

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
After last weekends 57.5 km night time epic, normal service was resumed this weekend, Saturday saw me do the reccie for a beginners hike next weekend from Paddock Hill to Scarr Mountain and back and Sunday saw my return after 3 months to my normal hiking group in the Irish Ramblers Club for a hike from Glencree to Knocknagun, Glendoo Mountain, the Turfcutters Road, Kippure and back to Glencree down the steep drop at Eagle's Crag.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203488932766238?ref=notif&notif_t=like
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203481468659640?ref=notif&notif_t=like

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
2 more hikes under the belt this weekend, Saturday saw me leading a 16 km hike over some very demanding terrain from Glenmacnass Waterfall to Mullaghcleevaun ( 2nd highest mountain in County Wicklow ) and back to the start via East Top and Carrickshouk while Sunday's hike was a far more sedate affair, leading a starters/ beginners hike of 12 kms from Paddock Hill to Scarr and back. As usual, links are to FB photo albums of each days hike.

Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203523502230453?ref=notif&notif_t=like

Sunday: https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203530108195598?ref=notif&notif_t=like

Wonderful morning walk on the Whiffen Spit Trail, Sooke B.C.
I love Whiffen Spit. It would be great to be able to do that walk every morning. I walked around the farm roads in the Spallumcheen area of British Columbia, my usual walk. It is beautiful but Whiffin Spit tops it by a whole lot!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
DSCF1406.JPG DSCF1404.JPG
Had a lovely afternoon high desert walk. Unusual not to have more snow in February on the surrounding Boise, ID, foothills. The ski resort, Bogus Basin, in the background near the towers on the hill would love to have more snow. Was in the mid 50's and sunny here in Idaho today. You cannot see in this photo, but I did a shake-down hike for my new Macabi skirt today. May order a slightly shorter one for my Camino in 2016. Will continue to trial this one this summer as we do our usual hiking/camping in the Idaho backcountry. Phil and I are beginning our hiking season earlier than usual due to the nice weather.

Practiced for the Pyrenees in the Angeles National Forest in Southern California. 11 mile (17 km) round trip from the Icehouse Canyon trailhead and then up the Chapman Trail to the Icehouse Saddle and back. 1600 ft. gain (500m.) over 5.5 miles (8.9 km.)... and then back down. Let's hope it is 70 degrees (21 C) like it was today when I cross from SJPDP in April!

chapman_trail.jpg

I love Whiffen Spit. It would be great to be able to do that walk every morning. I walked around the farm roads in the Spallumcheen area of British Columbia, my usual walk. It is beautiful but Whiffin Spit tops it by a whole lot!

Spallumcheen area is very beautiful too! An amazing province we live in.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just back from a few days staying in Ballyhoura forest homes in Co. Limerick.
Some lovely scenery and walks from outside our door. Some walks not too long as we had 8 children with us ranging from 6 months to 15 years. 3 of the older ones pushed on with us for a 15 km hike on Sunday, a lot of it uphill while the younger ones went back with 2 grateful adults for hot chocolate!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
A soul satisfying hike through the old growth forests of Mount Douglas Park (near Victoria B.C.) and down to the ocean. A gorgeous day! Spring is in the air.

Attachments

• DP 1.jpg
    DP 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • DP 2.jpg
    DP 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • DP 3.jpg
    DP 3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • DP 4.jpg
    DP 4.jpg
    978.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DP 5.jpg
    DP 5.jpg
    879.1 KB · Views: 11
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Funny that! Living in SW France and going to Knaresborough in a fortnight to visit daughter!

I took a walk on the Kalix river out to an island. My son played handball in Kalix so between the games I walked 11,5 km and took some photos.
DSC02300.jpg

DSC02302.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

Bea%2Band%2Bthe%2BReindeers.jpg

The photos from yesterday's 10,7 km walk here in Boden was much more interesting ;-) http://beastankar.blogspot.se/2015/02/dag-51-inget-av-intresse-forran-vid-22.html

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Funny that! Living in SW France and going to Knaresborough in a fortnight to visit daughter!

Larazet my last photograph 'Guisecliffe' is about twenty five minutes drive from Knaresborough we pass through Knaresborough to get there.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
(Yesterday)... 12 miles (19.3 Km) with absolutely no elevation gain but a good walk before the rain in my hometown. Through Fairview Park to Santa Ana River to PCH back to Beach Blvd. I actually wore my full backpack which weighs in this year at about 12 pounds (5.4 kg.) before food and water (if I don't bring along the iPad and my fancy camera). Still debating that. Love the wildflowers. fairview.jpgmap.jpg

A last day of February walk along the Cowichan Valley Trail to the Kinsol Trestle Bridge over the Koksilah River. (near Victoria B.C.) Beautiful, sunny, frosty, fresh air morning.

Attachments

• Cowichan Valley Trail.jpg
    Cowichan Valley Trail.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • Cowichan Valley .jpg
    Cowichan Valley .jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • Kinsol Trestle Bridge.jpg
    Kinsol Trestle Bridge.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • Kinsol Trestle.jpg
    Kinsol Trestle.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Cunning plans are under way to do a 2nd Art O'Neill hike this year next Friday night so today saw me on a moderate hike with Ray Cummins, of my two likely accomplices next Friday covering some of the route in Glenreemore and 3 Lakes ( I know there are only 2 lakes there but this is Ireland I'm hiking in :rolleyes:), As usual the link is to a Facebook album of pictures from today.

https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203603616673264?ref=notif&notif_t=like

Today I went down to the Bolsa Chica Ecological Preserve in Huntington Beach to walk for 11.6 miles (18.6 km.) with full pack. From the preserve I went up and back on Pacific Coast Highway and then back to the preserve to my car. I walked with the trekking poles for the first time since the Norte last year... I can tell people think I am strange when I walk with the poles in the middle of our urban sprawl. I suppose one sign that I am getting older is I am less concerned with "looking cool" and more concerned with burning the extra calories and protecting my knees. 7 weeks to SJPDP.
bolsa_chica1.jpg bolsachica2.jpg bolsachica3.jpg bolsachica4.png

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Brutally savage hiking today in the Wicklow mountains, up the Glenmacnass valley and when making the steep climb up the headwall towards Mullaghcleevaun, the northerly winds strengthened considerably and the rain starting freezing on contact, visibility dropped to less than 10 meters and wind chill brought temperatures down to about -8 C, far fewer pics than usual as impossible to get camera out until we finally got down to lower ground and out of the worst of the wind as we returned via East top and Carrigshouk but that's the last hike before next Friday's night 50+ km night hike.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203614151776635?ref=notif&notif_t=likehttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203614145296473&set=pcb.10203614151776635&type=1

Lovely sunny, breezy morning. Just the thing to blow the cobwebs away!
Bray to Greystones along the cliff walk. My usual.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
Brutally savage hiking today in the Wicklow mountains, up the Glenmacnass valley and when making the steep climb up the headwall towards Mullaghcleevaun, the northerly winds strengthened considerably and the rain starting freezing on contact, visibility dropped to less than 10 meters and wind chill brought temperatures down to about -8 C, far fewer pics than usual as impossible to get camera out until we finally got down to lower ground and out of the worst of the wind as we returned via East top and Carrigshouk but that's the last hike before next Friday's night 50+ km night hike.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203614151776635?ref=notif&notif_t=likehttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203614145296473&set=pcb.10203614151776635&type=1
Hi Seamus,
Are you sure you weren't skiing? Sounds like it was really rough conditions. It was really windy and sleeting in Bray so I can only imagine what it was like up there.
Was just looking at snow on yonder hills this morning after last nights snow fall. Brr!

image.jpg Hi all forum members,
I am planning my first solo camino starting May 2015. I am training at my local Running Room for a half-marathon walk. Here I was with hubby, on the Rideau canal in Ottawa, Canada, the world's largest naturally frozen ice rink. We did an easy 10k.

The tracks here are still too muddy and wet for walking. We don't mind on the Camino but not for practise. So we are still walking the lanes and trying to beat the rain. This morning we were out before 8.30 and looking across to Dartmoor. We made it home before the rain again too :)

Attachments

• dartmoor.jpg
    dartmoor.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 12
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I walked to the Vezelay route :D I walked from home and over the coming 6 months I'm going to walk to SJPdeP in stages before I do the CF.

I walked 12.3km... no big hills so an easy walk... but I cant imagine having to walk another 8km before I could stop... I have a long way to go with my training!

Anyway - where did you walk today? You all live across the globe it would be great to see more photos of your local walks.

Before I went on the Camino, the French Route, I switched from bicycle to walking when going to work. I have always been taking the bike for my 5 kilometer route to work, and after my cancer operation I found that the bike trips were one of the main contributors to my asthma.
So after getting an even shorter way to work, I decided to walk instead, to a have a proper break in of my new boots and b have a slim down to which walking is a better alternative. The trip to work, I found increasingly smooth to operate and I was definitely hooked. I have been walking quite a lot in Ireland , Wales and especially Scotland where I lived for a year when studying abroad...
I have been walking ever since, distance is never an issue theese days. Walking the Camino was always the 60 year mark wish and in May ´14 I was off to walk in Spain. Had my share of problems with my knees and a broken tooth, but otherwise was doing fine.
Yesterday a good practise run was putting in my car for repairs, walked 6 km to my doctor for a test result consultation, and back to the repair shop again, of course with a proper coffee break at my usual cafe with a Café Cortado to reminisce on the good days in Spain.
By the way a good day in Spain is also good even when it rains !!
The other weekend iI did 28 kilometers on an old pilgrim route that my group and I are marking up for wanderers. In my country numbers are rising in this group as former runners encounter problems and switch to walking instead - together with their spouse...

Attachments

• DSCF5832 (1024x768).jpg
    DSCF5832 (1024x768).jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 10
Great walk this morning with my sister. Lovely sunny day. We walked from Kilcoole to Wicklow in between the railway track and the sea the whole way - approx 17 km.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 11
Niels hee andersen, post:
"By the way a good day in Spain is also good even when it rains !!"

Wow, thank you. I couldn´t think of a better phrase to promote Spain!
I'm sure that your country is also good (or even better);)

Peregrin0 b and me walked in Cumbria today in training for O Cebreiro with some wonderful weather in the north of EnglandDSC04473.JPGDSC04492.JPG

Last edited:
The blue skies made me happy :)
In Kent (nr. Cowden), UK
Just spotted your lovely photo, domigee. I grew up near there (well, near-ish, in Westerham & Brasted) - it looks so familiar, really captures what the countryside is like around there, especially the oast house in the background - makes me quite sentimental! Sniff!

Midnight Friday saw me leave Dublin Castle with a legend of Irish Hillwalking, Tom Milligan to repeat our Art O'Neill hike of 5 weeks earlier but this time not nursing a group of less experienced hikers along. 13 hours 21 minutes later saw us arrive at the finish at Baravore Ford and then just to make sure we were sufficiently tired to ensure a good nights sleep, we walked the extra 6 kms to the Glenmalure Lodge for a spot of refreshment which brought the distance up to 60 kms before getting our lift home. Managed to cover the route about 2 hours 37 minutes quicker than the previous time so hopefully my camino fitness is progressing as intended. As usual, the link is to a Facebook album of pictures from the day.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203655205642956?ref=notif&notif_t=like

Last edited:
We've had insanely nice weather up here in BC (compared to the normal February/March of constant rain). I am about to go do a 15 KM with my bag on but earlier I did a trail run with my new day pack and camera to test them out up on the bayden powell trail in North Vancouver:

rpLnpsP.jpg

kXSInxL.jpg

I'm loving this thread - and am mildly envious of the photos posted contrasted with the very gentle terrain of the sandhills in which I live! I miss the vistas of Spain, and covet each beautiful photo :) thank you, perigrinos/as.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Another bitterly cold day in the Wicklow Mountains, temperature never got above 0 Celcius but my 2 regular hiking companions, Rosa Murray and her dog Lousha helped take the mind off the cold on a nice route from Drumgoff to Lugnaquillia via Corrigasleggaun and then back via the shores of Kelly's Lough but confess to very unchristian feelings of jealousy for the weather Damien is currently enjoying.

As usual, the link is to a Facebook album of pictures from today's hike.

Only 40 sleeps to go before my flight to Biarritz and 39 sleeps before the Route Napoleon sees me for the 2nd time. :)

https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203705723465870?ref=notif&notif_t=like

Walked 15 k today at the forest and heath landscape of Averbode ( the Camino Via Monastica crosses this region ). Light rain and grey but beautiful nevertheless. Lots of mud but I did find a bench for my picknick

Attachments

• 11073282_10152842605218042_2355157300125406414_n.jpg
    11073282_10152842605218042_2355157300125406414_n.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 7
  • averbode.jpg
    averbode.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 8
  • bos.jpg
    bos.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 7
  • camino in Averbode.jpg
    camino in Averbode.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 6
  • fishingpond.jpg
    fishingpond.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 7
  • mud.jpg
    mud.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 7
  • picknick.jpg
    picknick.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 7
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Was a bit surprised to see these boys and girls today as I walked around some country lanes in this part of South West England where I am living. It took me a few minutes to stop chuckling to myself.

View attachment 16932
We have some near us too, but they will keep their backs turned. :(

All those snowy pictures! The leaves are just turning golden here in NZ. I frolicked through them on my way to the supermarket to buy pies and chips for dinner yesterday - hubby's spontaneous desire. Once Upon A Time I would never have walked 15km to buy frozen food (truth be known I would never have bought that junk food either!!)

A few photos over several days:-
The River Dart, after rain, was taken from the walkway over the sluice gate to the old mill leat. The works are all still there with one of the 'screws' visible on the left. In the woods between the river and the railway were the last of the snowdrops in flower.
The limestone farmhouse is very reminiscent of the granite farmhouses of Galicia, and there were crocuses in the grass. The alpaca do not want to know us, but I did finally get one to lift its head.

Attachments

• dart and sluice.jpg
    dart and sluice.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 11
  • last snowdrops.jpg
    last snowdrops.jpg
    802 KB · Views: 12
  • farmhouse.jpg
    farmhouse.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 12
  • alpaca.jpg
    alpaca.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 11
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A repeat of last Saturday's hike to Lugnaquillia via Corrigasleggaun and back by the shores of Kelly's Lough but while last week's hike saw temperatures stay below freezing and snow and misty conditions on the higher ground, today saw a balmy 6 C temperature and when out of the light breeze it felt warmer still, one of the group even chanced a quick swim in Kelly's Lough although he didn't linger long. Only 33 sleeps to go until my flight from Dublin to Biarritz. :).
As usual, the link is to a Facebook album of pictures from todays hike.
https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203763186422408?ref=notif&notif_t=like

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
After a terrible week and not much fun, today I was full of enjoyment and determination when we were out on the Bewley Moors amongst the old mines being claimed back by nature. DSC04561.131.JPG DSC04560.130.JPG DSC04565.135.JPG

Last edited:
Better than I was able to catch to much cloud Tia in Yorkshire.
We had just enough cloud drifting away to make the photos possible and enough sun visible to use our special 'glasses' (from the 1999 eclipse) to actually look at the moment when the eclipse was at its peak. Most of the time it was very cloudy here too and quite cold.

GR.jpg konijnenhol.jpg Tjennenboom.jpg Knop.jpg beetje meseta.jpg Knop.jpg beetje meseta.jpg GR.jpg konijnenhol.jpg Romeinse weg.jpg Tjennenboom.jpg Stopped at Tjenneboom ( highest point in area ) where in 1667 Johanna, a local woman was sentenced to death by fire because of so called witchcraft. Now a modern sculpture reminds us of this.
Also the first tentative buds in the orchards.
And walked part of the GR or the Grande Randonnée / long distance paths marked with red/ white.
A nice local walk of ten k.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just a gorgeous day in the Okanagan, B.C. so I went for a little hike in Kal Park.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We finally managed to get 2 of the alpaca to look up.
Also (today) we walked a part of the Dartmoor Way.
No more photos now until after we have walked as we are covering 'old ground' on our training walks.

Attachments

• alpaca1.jpg
    alpaca1.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 7
  • alpaca2.jpg
    alpaca2.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I spend my winters in the Caribbean and don't walk anywhere....and i mean anywhere! I walk no more than 200mts a day and am planning to walk the CdN in june...hahahaha.
That said, i am a yoga teacher, a kite surfer and a very keen cyclist (200-300kms/week) so will be interested to see how i get on.
I will try to get a couple of walks under my belt before i set off but probably no more than that.
Day 3 will be interesting i suspect :)

Today I walked from London to Rochester - Dickens' famous night walk, but in reverse! It's the two-year anniversary of the start of my walk to Santiago from my own front door, so I retraced my first day's steps. The luxury of doing it without a heavy backpack, and simply taking the train home at the end of the day, is what I dreamed of that day two years ago. But of course, without those pilgrim accoutrements, it became just a long walk (56km; ridiculous!) on long roads

A 20 km hike today starting at Laragh, about 10 kms on good forest paths and 10 kms on upland bogs, although the forecast for heavy rain only saw several light showers actually occur, very strong winds on the high ground ensured the pace was kept brisk. As usual the link is to a FB album of pictures from today.
Only 25 days to my flight into Biarritz but feel sure that some interference in planetary motion has led to a slowing in the passage of time. :(https://www.facebook.com/groups/thechallengehikers/10152836624448269/?ref=notif&notif_t=like

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I walked to the Vezelay route :D I walked from home and over the coming 6 months I'm going to walk to SJPdeP in stages before I do the CF.

I walked 12.3km... no big hills so an easy walk... but I cant imagine having to walk another 8km before I could stop... I have a long way to go with my training!

Anyway - where did you walk today? You all live across the globe it would be great to see more photos of your local walks.
hi, i,m rob,,i didmy 1st prep walk [14miles] today in rain n strong winds[brendon hills somerset england ],,coodn stop thinking of the camino, wich i begin 23rd april,,cant wait...reely enjoy the forum for all the v good info....cheers

A 20 km hike today starting at Laragh, about 10 kms on good forest paths and 10 kms on upland bogs, although the forecast for heavy rain only saw several light showers actually occur, very strong winds on the high ground ensured the pace was kept brisk. As usual the link is to a FB album of pictures from today.
Only 25 days to my flight into Biarritz but feel sure that some interference in planetary motion has led to a slowing in the passage of time. :(https://www.facebook.com/groups/thechallengehikers/10152836624448269/?ref=notif&notif_t=like

I am convinced beyond current reason that time slows when one is having a less than wonderful time but speeds up when immersed in pleasant ventures especially when anticipation of such ventures is pending.

When time moves too slowly for me, I fill it with walking and pretend I am on the Camino. Today I went back to Southern California's mountains and hiked up to Cucamonga Peak for the first time (8,858 ft / 2700 m) over 13.33 miles (21.5 km) and 5 1/2 hours. Total elevation gain of 4278 ft (1300 m). From the peak I could see across the Inland Empire, into Orange County (and HB) and all the way to Catalina island 30 miles off our our coast. If you are in SoCal I highly recommend this as a somewhat hard core training hike. SJPdP in 19 days. Oh and the Squirrel is pretty much the extent of the wildlife I saw.cucamonga_view.jpg me_cucamonga.jpg cucamonga_squirrel.jpg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A great walk along the Blagodatnoe trail - site of a series of vanished Doukhobor villages near Castlegar B.C. Lovely view from the bench with the Doukhobor tenet "Toil and Peaceful Life".

Attachments

• Blagodatnoe 1.jpg
    Blagodatnoe 1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Blagodatnoe 2.jpg
    Blagodatnoe 2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Blagodatnoe 3.jpg
    Blagodatnoe 3.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 11
  • Blagodatnoe 4.jpg
    Blagodatnoe 4.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Blagodatnoe 5.jpg
    Blagodatnoe 5.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Blagodatnoe 6.jpg
    Blagodatnoe 6.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 12
Just did my usual 12 km today. Bray to Greystones on the cliff walk. But oh my- owing to the lovely bank holiday weather there were literally hundreds of people on the trail especially when I was heading back.
Great to see so many people out walking but some people, and I mean only some, need to learn how to step in and walk in single file to let walkers pass who are coming towards them.
Ok that's my rant over for today!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Having a frustrating time looking at this thread - I'm out of a wifi area and downloading pictures is slow as a wet week. Will have to delay gratification until we are back in the metropolis.

Away trip to Kerry over the Easter weekend with The Challenge Hikers, as the oldest member of the group I got to choose the routes each day - you'd imagine at my age I'd be a little kinder to myself :confused:
Saturday saw us climb The Bone from the Hag's Glen to Maolan Bui and on to Cnoc an Chuillinn before descending back into the Hag's Glen via the Zig Zags and Sunday saw us road walk the Gap of Dunloe before climbing Purple Mountain, Shehy Mountain and Tomies before the severe descent back to Kate Kearney's Cottage. 2 very hard days hiking but some of the best weather I've experienced in the reeks. As usual, links are to F.B. albums from the hikes.

Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203866992977507?ref=notif&notif_t=like

Sunday: https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203867125940831?ref=notif&notif_t=like

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Still out training in Ennerdale valley in Cumbria on the Coast to coast trail lovely day yesterday.

Attachments

• camino maybe 288.jpg
    camino maybe 288.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 5
Just keeping up fitness and waiting my turn to return to the Camino
So are we after spending time with the family. We did walk round Bolsover Castle and climbed the steps of the keep. We also met fellow pilgrims briefly, but talked rather than walked.
Buen Camino folks.:)

Attachments

• terrace range.jpg
    terrace range.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 1
Saturday saw a 22 km hike with over 1,200 meters of climbing at a very brisk 4.7 km average speed over some demanding terrain. route was from Glendalough, up the Spinc, along the Lugduffs towards Conavalla and then down the length of the Glenealo valley. Only 11 more sleeps to go before the flight to Biarritz. :D

As usual, link is to a Facebook album of pics from the day but because of the speed of the group, fewer pics than usual.

https://www.facebook.com/supersullivan/posts/10203899726035813?ref=notif&notif_t=like

Supersullivan, I walked my practice route around BIARRITZ this morning for 2.5 hours and my dogs are barking. It is the first time I have done any walking for a while, I have six weeks to get ready.
DSCN0488.JPG
DSCN0492.JPG
As you can see it is a lovely spring day here on 12 April 2015.

Supersullivan, I walked my practice route around BIARRITZ this morning for 2.5 hours and my dogs are barking. It is the first time I have done any walking for a while, I have six weeks to get ready.
View attachment 17702
View attachment 17704
As you can see it is a lovely spring day here on 12 April 2015.
I had some lovely and thankful walks there last April after I had my stent fitted in the clinic in Bayonne, its really beautiful.

I had some lovely and thankful walks there last April after I had my stent fitted in the clinic in Bayonne, its really beautiful.
The clinic St. Etienne? If so, my favorite place in the world for health care. The biologist who treats my hemochromatosis can walk circles around any hemotologist anywhere.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Nothing exotic,just the Liverpool Loop Line,which is an old disused rail line running 13 miles from halewood in the south to Aintree (racecourse) in the north.This is a green,flat,and tarmacked Greenaway that seems more rural than urban,sand is very popular with both walkers and cyclists of all ages.I must confess that after 26 miles I realise I need to get these old legs walking distances again.

Lovely spring weather today. Walked the Spinc in Glendalough this morning.
This is the most visited tourist spot in Ireland but thankfully most people just look at the lake and the round tower and don't venture any higher.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back