• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

March 2015 Number of compostelas

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
A selection of Camino Jewellery
If I hadn't twisted my ankle and had to taxi two etapas it would have been one more! Thanks for the info though, amazingly we hardly saw any other pilgrims on the trail so thought it would be less.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Interesting! Sounds like a lot - thanks for posting. Should bear in mind that's from all the routes, not just the Frances?

Should bear in mind that's from all the routes, not just the Frances?
Yes. Statistics will be updated soon, and will include the number on each route (and probably a minor revision of the total, which is from the daily posting).

Extranjeros: 2.191 (43,13%); el país que mayor número de peregrinos aporta es Portugal, con 449 (20,49%); Alemania, con 437 (19,95%); Estados Unidos, con 182 (8,31%); Italia, con 151 (6,89%); Corea, con 110 (5,02%); Reino Unido, con 80 (3,65%); Japón, con 60 (2,74%); Irlanda, con 59 (2,69%)

Camino seguido.
Los caminos que han seguido la mayoría de los peregrinos son Frances-Camino de con 3.417 (67,26%); Portugues-Camino con 921 (18,13%); Primitivo-Camino con 218 (4,29%); Via de la Plata con 199 (3,92%); Ingles-Camino con 148 (2,91%); Norte-Camino de con 132 (2,60%); Muxia-Finisterre con 33 (0,65%); Otros caminos con 8 (0,16%); Camino de Invierno con 4 (0,08%)

Last edited by a moderator:
In the first four days of April, 4,447 compostelas were issued. It is an Easter phenomenon, of course, but April already has almost as many pilgrims as March (5080)!!!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Hey I’m looking at starting my Camino from Burgos in about 2-3 days. I’m wanting to use casa ivar storage. Has anyone used this service before? It sounds very good the webpage is just a little...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back