• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles Round 2 - July 2015

A selection of Camino Jewellery
That's it, flights are booked as are the 2 nights stay in Meson Novo :D

Really looking forward to it, learnt a lot of lessons last year and will be better prepared this time round.

Time to start the training :)
I bet you'll do Balian...the inglès again ?

Enjoy !
My wife and I walk the camino Portugues again ,starting within 11 days from now.

Buen camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Lessons? Please do share. Planning to do it in October.

Hi,
The biggest lessons I learnt were to split day one, as we took too much out of ourselves walking from Ferrol to Pontedeume on first day last year.

This also meant we didn't get to spend anytime at the beach just before Pontedeume, which look great.

Also we will both be starting the Camino in hiking sandals. We both started in broken in hiking shoes last year which we took off half way through day one and walked rest of Camino in normal sandals.

My blog from last years trip is here, it might provide some useful information.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-ingles-july-2014.27825/

Buen Camino for October.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I've done the Ingles twice. Very enjoyable and quiet with lots of time for contemplation and reflection.
Have a great time - Buen Camino!

Fantastic! We're doing the Camino Ingles for the first time leaving Ferrol Saturday 26th June and planning to take 6 days. Look for the small group of ladies in charity t-shirts! My youngest was born with clubfoot so we're hoping to raise money and awareness of this too, as well as find some peace and contemplation in our busy lives.

We've been doing lots of training walking the Via Gottardo in Switzerland from Chiasso to Basel in stages, and on Monday discovered the 24km section (ouch, my feet hurt that day!) is part of the official European connection to the Camino, so we were very excited to feel we'd already started! My friend has also convinced us to get a bus to Mugiardo from Fene and then get a boat across to Ferrol so we arrive across the water like the original pilgrims.

Any last tips for first timers?

What a fun idea to arrive by boat. The Mugardos/Ares peninsula is beautiful, you'll enjoy the ride! There's a special regional dish there called Pulpo a la Mugardese that is delicious (if you are interested in octopus - it's a Galician staple) if you see it on a menu.

Advice is to carry water and snacks ... There can be long stretches without services and even if you do encounter a cafe bar, it may be closed.

It's a beautiful route! Enjoy and Buen Camino!

View of Mugardos with the Cabañas beach towards the back of the photo ... Taken flying into A Coruña last month: image.jpg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm thinking about Spanish food today, so I'll also mention that Betanzos has their own version of the Spanish Tortilla, which is extremely creamy on the inside. Worth seeking out when you go through. image.jpg
And if you have additional time (and energy) in Betanzos, a trip over to Pasatiempo park is like a step back in time ... or a place time forgot. Really unique.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
We are just back from the Inglés. Last minute tips:-
Carry plenty of water and don't pass up a good cafe-bar, the next one may be closed for their day off. Carry rehydration salts (we use Dioralyte citrus flavour). In Betanzos the sello with Santiago on his horse is now in the church (open mid morning and in the afternoon) in the main square - opposite the tourist office.
Note - we drank 2 litres of water each in 3 hours between 9.30 and 12.30 one hot day and refilled our bottles in the bar. We shared a rehydration pack after siesta to restore our potassium levels and avoid cramp.
Buen Camino

I'm thinking about Spanish food today, so I'll also mention that Betanzos has their own version of the Spanish Tortilla, which is extremely creamy on the inside. Worth seeking out when you go through.

Fantastic tortilla in Betanzos! Almost want to walk back for another one, but no, we will keep moving forward.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there. I’m thinking of spending around five to seven days walking the Ingles, and would be interested in getting some input. I’ve walked the Portuges from Porto to Santiago, before continuing...
So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.