• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino del Salvador now on Eroski

peregrina2000

Staff member
Ender's facebook page just highlighted that the Eroski site now has stage descriptions for the Salvador. This certainly means that traffic will continue to increase. I have walked the Salvador twice, and was with friends for the first two days on one occasion, but that was the sum total of the pilgrims I saw. I guess that won't happen again.

http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/los-caminos-de-santiago/de-san-salvador/

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ender's facebook page just highlighted that the Eroski site now has stage descriptions for the Salvador. This certainly means that traffic will continue to increase. I have walked the Salvador twice, and was with friends for the first two days on one occasion, but that was the sum total of the pilgrims I saw. I guess that won't happen again.

Laurie:

That might depend on the time of year a person walks but traffic is sure to increase. That said, the Vasco is still very sparsely walked. I guess we will see.

Joe

We'll have to see if the number of beds increases as well. No beds: no trafic.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We'll have to see if the number of beds increases as well. No beds: no trafic.

Since I never saw another Pilgrim, there is plenty of room currently. The fewest beds I remember were 8 in Cabanillas. :)

Ultreya,
Joe

Since I never saw another Pilgrim, there is plenty of room currently. The fewest beds I remember were 8 in Cabanillas. :)

Ultreya,
Joe

Joe, that was my experience, also, once in 2009, once in 2011. But I think the tide is changing -- last summer pilgrims reported full albergues, and I think that there has been a lot of publicity surrounding the Salvador recently. I'm hoping to go back in the next couple of years and will have fingers crossed that it hasn't blossomed into another highly traveled Camino. (though, as others have pointed out, we are also at least marginally responsible for the popularity, since we keep singing its praises so much!). Buen camino, Laurie

Most read last week in this forum

Buen Camino pilgrims! I plan to walk the Del Salvador this summer, followed by the Primitivo, followed by the Portuguese (from Coimbra). What a summer I will have :) I am posting my current...
I will be walking the Norte starting at Bilbao later this month and am considering switching to the San Salvador after I get to Oviedo. I would be walking it in the reverse direction beginning...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.