• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino 14 Apr 15 -- Endless Walking

Grogan

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis (April 2015)
14 April 2015 -- Calzadilla to Vilarente 30 Kms

Got a 0800 start -- not bad, but will have to start getting up a bit earlier -- I have about 15 kms to make up in the next two weeks to stay on track with link up with my wife in Santiago -- did have a great breakfast -- farm fresh eggs, bacon and coffee -- better then the Pilgrim's toast -- ughhhh!

Beautiful Morning to walk -- started out by myself and then ran into Tim and Karan -- a great couple from Chicago -- this part of the adventure was challenging - not physically, but mentally -- walked 18 kms before we got to Reliegos and signs of civilization -- I did however take one nice break -- took off boots, laid back on the rucksack and chilled for about 30 mins -- was nice.

So entered the town of Reliegos and I am drawn to the The Bar Elvis -- One word -- Eccentric -- no other way to describe it --- ran into a bunch of the Camino Family here -- Ben, Swedish Ladies, Chicago Couple and a Dane from my First Camino Family -- apparently his wife had to leave early due to a family emergency - was good to see him. The owner of the Bar Elvis or whatever you call this place likes to whistle -- so you actually hear him whistling sitting outside - go figure -- but his place -- his rules --

Nice slow walk towards Leon - stopped about 10 kms short -- staying at a really cool Albergue for 10 euros -- recommended by Tim and Karen -- dead on -- just a neat place -- called Alergue San Pelayo -- highly recommend -- I did the old bunk with the masses thing and no complaints -- bathroom, shower facilities top notch -- Pilgrim's dinner -- filling -- my two roommates -- will they were quality snorers --

Buen Camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I loved the Elvis Bar! I had intended to stop in for just one beer, ended up staying for several hours! I threw me off schedule but it was worth it!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back