• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Prayer Circle

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
I have started this thread for anyone wishing for the prayers of others to post here. So hopefully anyone willing to pray for others can easily identify who wants their help. Can I suggest that you give a name to facilitate the prayers? And perhaps you could edit your post if and when you no longer wish people to add their prayers to yours? God bless all of you who pray for fellow forum members.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Al, what a great idea. I have friends that will be praying for me as I walk the camino. I am not religious in the typical sense but I do feel that good thoughts/prayers for people do "make a difference". Kind of a - what you send out into the universe is what matters approach.
I would love to have people pray for me during my camino. I leave home May 15 and return home June 27th. Those would be the dates I would request prayers unless people want to start now : ) (Just in case). Thank you for your thoughtfulness.
Stefania

I have started this thread for anyone wishing for the prayers of others to post here. So hopefully anyone willing too pray for others can easily identify who wants their help. Can I suggest that you give a name to facilitate the prayers? And perhaps you could edit your post if and when you no longer wish people to add their prayers to yours? God bless all of you who pray for fellow forum members.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Great idea! I often think of those walking. Each morning when I wake up my first thoughts are often of the Camino. What it was like waking in an Alburgue. Walking solo. Or with someone. Simply lost in prayers and thoughts. Thinking of the feet that trod before mine. And now...the feet that follow on. Nice to have a way to ask for and respond to prayers from the Camino. Thanks for starting this thread!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I am walking from Le Puy to Conques May 10-20 with a group of Ramblers. I have already walked from SJPdP to Santiago. Too scared to walk alone so walking with a group, but I suspect they are all athletic and speedy whereas I feel fat, old and unfit! I probably NEED prayers!!

And don't forget to ask friends and family back home to pray for you as you walk. There were many times when either my wife or I suffered foot or knee pain, some minor ailment, or perhaps were just discouraged, that we felt the power of our prayer angels lifting us physically, spiritually, and emotionally. Our feedback to them via text messages and our blog reminded them that they an important part of our journey. We also carried their prayers with us in the form of small pebbles, each with a name written on it, that we left at the foot of the Cruz de Ferro along with our own stones.

I'm not physically walking the Camino yet but am through a very transitional time in my life. On Easter Sunday I lost my best friend and partner of 23+ years! when he passed away due melanoma. Learning ti live without him in my life, as well as living on my own for the first time ever, is truly a difficult adjustment.
Also, back in September I injured my right knee and it just never got better. I am having surgery to do repair a torn meniscus on May 23rd. The out come of this surgery will determine if I will be physically able to walk the Camino or not.
So I am asking for your prayers. Prayers of healing both emotional and physical. Prayers that a way will be made for me to walk my Camino soon.
Thank you. I will pray for you all as well.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I welcome the idea, Al, and have great faith in prayer. I am always amazed at how some people are gifted at praying for others and their needs. I'm quite good at asking for prayers but pretty unreliable as a prayer for others. I am disorganised in this area and, especially while on the Camino, forget who has asked me to pray for what, so I just bundle all the requests from people together.
But then, sometimes something will waken me up and I'll remember someone with as much clarity as if they were standing right beside me and prayer for them just happens - so, in this way, like so much on the Camino, it is in God's hands. The wonderful thing is that we do pray for each other and that we unite in prayer.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
...and once you get to Santiago, you can now leave your written prayers in the chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows, where the English-language Masses are said through October. I was there only two weeks after the services began, and the prayers already lie like snow around the chapel.

If you get there off-season, or when the chapel is not open, you can likewise leave a prayer in the basket in the Corticela chapel next door, beneath the image of Christ in Gethsemane.

I have started this thread for anyone wishing for the prayers of others to post here. So hopefully anyone willing too pray for others can easily identify who wants their help. Can I suggest that you give a name to facilitate the prayers? And perhaps you could edit your post if and when you no longer wish people to add their prayers to yours? God bless all of you who pray for fellow forum members.

Al:
I find it very pleasing to see that there are many people for whom the Camino isn't just an opportunity to get exercise. Throughout history it has had a religious meaning and a form for prayer and penitence; it still is for many of us. My companion on the Camino is not a particularly religious person (although he believes in God) and he said the Camino was an experience apart from all the other hikes he has done...something mystical that he couldn't quite explain. For me, it was truly a religious experience (as well as social, physical exercise, etc.) and I am eagerly planning to return and finish it all the way to Santiago de Compostela this September. Certainly along the Camino one prays for other pilgrims, for peace and for all of those in the world who are suffering. Thanks for this posting.
Buen Camino and Peace be with you.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back