• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Medellin - Merida

george.g

Time of past OR future Camino
French way 10, 11
Norte 12
Vdlp 13
Levante 14
Mozarabe/Malaga 15
Augusta 16
Mozarabe/Almeria 17
The route from Medellin to Merida via Yables is very poorly marked, there are some arrows but badly worn, depending on which guide you use the distance is quoted as little as 34kms or as much as 45kms, GPS is readout yesterday 44+
Arrived Merida to find Municiple "completo" luckily found a space on the floor!
Regards
George
PS as usual more detail and photos at www.magwood.me

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
From the Mozárabe to the Vdlp, congrats, George! I´m enjoying Maggie´s blog and your posts very much. If you stay in Alcuéscar, and feel like another short walk from there, it´s 3 lovely kms on an untraveled road out to the visigothic church of Santa Lucía de Trampal, a real beauty. The path is well marked from the ayuntamiento. Enjoy the Vdlp! Sounds like you are not alone! Buen camino, Laurie

Looks like you decided to combine the last two stages of the Mozárabe which is also what I did (I calculated 45 km). I was quite disoriented arriving into Mérida as you come in on the opposite side of the city. I actually started walking over the Roman bridge (as you do on the Plata) only to realize half way that I was already on the right side and had to turn back!

Last October there was no one around on the Mozárbe so I was happy to meet up with 3 bicigrinos in the albergue. That a diference now with a full albergue!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi folks does anyone know the status of the albergue in Dona Mancia on the Malaga/Cordoba route? I have just returned fron completing the route when I arrived in Dona Mancia I expected there would...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back