• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

CDG transfer to Orly

Phillip

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis - April/May (2015);
Camino Portuguese April/May (2016)
Hello Camino Friends - I arrive into CDG at 6:55 a.m. via United. I have to clear customs, transfer to Orly and check-in for a 11:15 a.m. flight to Biarritz. That leaves 4 hours and twenty minutes. Trying to determine the fastest route for the tranfer (taxi, bus, shuttle). Any suggestions?

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hello Camino Friends - I arrive into CDG at 6:55 a.m. via United. I have to clear customs, transfer to Orly and check-in for a 11:15 a.m. flight to Biarritz. That leaves 3 hours and twenty minutes. Trying to determine the fastest route for the tranfer (taxi, bus, shuttle). Any suggestions?

To help you choose see www.EasyCdG.com and their section on Ground Transportation.

Bon voyage and Buen camino!

Hello Camino Friends - I arrive into CDG at 6:55 a.m. via United. I have to clear customs, transfer to Orly and check-in for a 11:15 a.m. flight to Biarritz. That leaves 3 hours and twenty minutes. Trying to determine the fastest route for the tranfer (taxi, bus, shuttle). Any suggestions?
Look at www.lascarsairfrance.com they have a bus that goes between. I am using it to get to train station at Montparnasse. Leah helped me.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The best way out of CDG is the subway. Taxis and buses can get stuck in traffic. Just follow the signage to the ticket booth (there are 2 terminals at CDG so you may have to take a shuttle bus) and ask for a ticket to Antony station. Get on the RER B line in the direction of ST REMY LES CHEVREUSE. Get off at the ANTONY station and take the private ORLYVAL light rail to the Terminal (There are also 2 terminals at ORLY. The whole trip should cost under 20 euros. Sounds a little complicated, but I'm sure you'll find others doing the same trip. Unfortunately, there isn't a direct train. AIRFRANCE also runs a shuttle bus, but I always worry about traffic. It is a good option though, if the Metro is on strike.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I had about the same amount of time (last month) and took the Air France bus. it was a piece of cake, even for me, and I had plenty of time...
And no transfer needed. You get on at CDG and off at Orly.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
2102 Paris Airports

Paris has two major airports. Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) is known as Roissy and is located NE of Paris. Orly Airport (ORY) is located to the South of Paris.

CDG and Orly:
http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/

2103 Getting around in Paris

Paris Transit Network
http://www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php?lang=uk

Paris RER/Metro route planner - SNCF Transilien
http://www.transilien.com/itineraire/rechercheitineraire/init

Air France Shuttle Bus with service from CDG to Orly airport (#3) and to Gare Montparnasse (#4)
http://en.lescarsairfrance.com/

2104 Charles de Gaulle Airport to Orly Airport

There are two transit options from CDG Airport to Orly Airport.

a. RER Line B (destination B4 Saint Remy les Chevreuse) from CDG airport to Station Antony. Take Orly Val (name of train) from Station Antony to Orly airport Terminal Sud and Terminal Ouest. Allow 1:30 hours.

b. Air France bus from CDG airport direct to Paris Orly airport. Allow 1:15 hours.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I simply took the bus, after you clear customs you will walk until you are almost outside follow parallel inside to the road outside. To the right, until you see a hall way leading to busses there is a keyosk in that hall way to buy a bus ticket to Orly in the machine. I used my debit card. It is clear what number goes to Orly.
Simply go to the sign with the corresponding # bus arrives has big Orly in the window. Hop on. Takes about an hour to get there. A lot further away than I expected.
I hope your french is better than mine. At Orly the big airport flight schedules will help guide you to the correct gate. I found no one who would speak English. That was ok it was just part of the journey.
The walk is a life event.
Keith

I took the bus, at rush hour as you are, and got stuck in the traffic and it took me 2 hours. I strongly suggest you use the subway.

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back