• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accomodation along the Le Puy way- Le Puy en Velay to Conques

Kezzaann

Time of past OR future Camino
I will be walking the Le Puy way in August 2015
Hi, I am walking the Le Puy En Velay to Conques route starting August 22nd this year. This is my first camino and it is solo. I prefer to book accommodation ahead and usually use booking.com or such websites. This is not proving to be that useful along this route. Can anyone suggest accommodation sites/options I can use to pre -book? I know about the miam miam dodo accommodation guides which I believe are in French only. Would this be the best bet?
I have made some bookings already along the way (accom. names in brackets) but still need accommodation in
Estaing and Espeyrac
My route is:
Le Puy(Ibis Styles Hotel), St Privat D'Allier (Le Clos des Pierres Rouges), Sauges(Hotel La Terrasse), Les Faux(Gite D'Etape L'Oustal De Parents), Aumont-Aubrac(Logis Chez Cami Lou), Nasbinals( La Borie De L'Aubrac), St Chely D'Aubrac (Hotel De La Vallee) , Espalion(Hotel De France) , Estaing ( ), Espeyrac ( ) .Conques(Hotel Santa Foy).
Thanks

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Use MMD. It's in French - but the dozen words of vocabulary you'll need are something you'll pick up in an afternoon. The icons and other graphics are easy. Phone numbers and emails as well. You can reserve by sending an email in French. Keep it very short and very simple, and get a French-speaking friend to help you draft it.

Hi, I am walking the Le Puy En Velay to Conques route starting August 22nd this year. This is my first camino and it is solo. I prefer to book accommodation ahead and usually use booking.com or such websites. This is not proving to be that useful along this route. Can anyone suggest accommodation sites/options I can use to pre -book? I know about the miam miam dodo accommodation guides which I believe are in French only. Would this be the best bet?
I have made some bookings already along the way (accom. names in brackets) but still need accommodation in
Estaing and Espeyrac
My route is:
Le Puy(Ibis Styles Hotel), St Privat D'Allier (Le Clos des Pierres Rouges), Sauges(Hotel La Terrasse), Les Faux(Gite D'Etape L'Oustal De Parents), Aumont-Aubrac(Logis Chez Cami Lou), Nasbinals( La Borie De L'Aubrac), St Chely D'Aubrac (Hotel De La Vallee) , Espalion(Hotel De France) , Estaing ( ), Espeyrac ( ) .Conques(Hotel Santa Foy).
Thanks
Here is a suggestion for Espeyrac - Chambre d'hotes La Maison Viala. We really enjoyed staying there last September. The hosts are a very nice couple and speak English. Their email address is as follows - asso.espritlibre@gmail.com
It is located right on the GR, just past the town. It is also in MMDD.
Bon Chemin!
Linda

Use MMD. It's in French - but the dozen words of vocabulary you'll need are something you'll pick up in an afternoon. The icons and other graphics are easy. Phone numbers and emails as well. You can reserve by sending an email in French. Keep it very short and very simple, and get a French-speaking friend to help you draft it.
Thanks Kitsambler, that puts my mind at rest. I will use the MMD.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Here is a suggestion for Espeyrac - Chambre d'hotes La Maison Viala. We really enjoyed staying there last September. The hosts are a very nice couple and speak English. Their email address is as follows - asso.espritlibre@gmail.com
It is located right on the GR, just past the town. It is also in MMDD.
Bon Chemin!
Linda
Thanks heaps Linda, I have sent off an email so here's hoping they have availability.
I don't suppose you can recommend anywhere in Estaing that you have stayed and liked?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks heaps Linda, I have sent off an email so here's hoping they have availability.
I don't suppose you can recommend anywhere in Estaing that you have stayed and liked?
In Estaing we stayed at Chambres d'hotes Lamarelle - email :lamarelle12@orange.fr
Phone 0670881661. It is not in the MMDD. We were having trouble with availability in Estaing, and I believe someone gave us the number. Nice room and breakfast. There is a website too.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back