• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Places to stay in Vila do Conde

Restless

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese May 2015
As I finalize my plans to start my Camino (I leave tomorrow) I am still trying to figure out where to stay in Vila Do Conde.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Bom Caminho
Restless

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I booked a room in Hospederia Venceslau for next week. I read the reviews about it at booking,com first.

I booked a room in Hospederia Venceslau for next week. I read the reviews about it at booking,com first.
Hi Angelo,

Thanks for that information. I thought of Airbnb, but not booking.com. So good information. Please let me know you thoughts about the Hospederia Venceslau. I will be leaving for Lisbon today and expect to be in Vila do Conde around May 16th.

Bom Caminho
Restless

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yep, I will let you know before Friday next week. Cheers!

As I finalize my plans to start my Camino (I leave tomorrow) I am still trying to figure out where to stay in Vila Do Conde.

Bom Caminho
Restless

On the 15 June last year I stayed in Residencial a Princesa do Ave, Rua Doutor António Jose Sousa Pereira 261 Vila do Conde.

No breakfast, just bed,reasonably clean and probaly would stay again stay again

http://www.booking.com/hotel/pt/res...=2015-09-30;checkout=2015-10-01;dist=0;no_roo

I stayed at Bellamar Hostel at Vila Do Conde. It is located by the public garden/plaza on your left hand side after you cross the bridge by the river. The hostel sign is very tiny so it is very hard to find. But look for a big scallop shell sign on the 2nd balcony and that is the entrace. We did a walk in and there were plenty of rooms. It was a nice place. Here is their website: http://bellamarhostel.com/

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Bom Caminho
Restless
Am staying at Hospederia Venceslau (bookin.com): clean and comfortable with tv and free wifi and not expensive. Very agreeable proprietor.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I am about 10 days from being in Vila do Conde. (I am in Santarem.) Looks like there are a lot of good options.

Bom caminho
Restless

Last week I met people who walked from Porto to Vila do Conde and they walked image.jpg image.jpg 6 km inland to Vairão where is the mosteiro do Vairão albergue . Donativo and within 14 kms you are in São Pedro de Rates where is the next albergue
Worthwhile staying in Vairão ! Recommended

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Restless,

As promised I am getting back to you about my stay in Venceslau. I have yhe same thoughts as MeldelCamino's feedback.
The gentleman who checked me in was very nice... even though I arrived at 2130h ...I got lost several times through the coastal route but that's another story. The room was very clean and cozy and for the price is good value. Dinner was in their restaurant and I was served a pork dish from their region which was very welcome to a hungry and "thirsty" pilgrim. The house red wine was very good and complimented the dish. Hmmm.
I'm now in Barcelos and staying in a nice place (Hotel do Terco). If you decide to stay here tell them you're a pilgrim (if the lady behind the desk has not figured out yet) and you get a special rate with breakfast.
Bom Caminho!

Last edited:
Hi Restless,

As promised I am getting back to you about my stay in Venceslau. I have yhe same thoughts as MeldelCamino's feedback.
The gentleman who checked me in was very nice... even though I arrived at 2130h ...I got lost several times through the coastal route but that's another story. The room was very clean and cozy and for the price is good value. Dinner was in their restaurant and I was served a pork dish from their region which was very welcome to a hungry and "thirsty" pilgrim. The house red wine was very good and complimented the dish. Hmmm.
I'm now in Barcelos and staying in a nice place (Hotel do Terco). If you decide to stay here tell them you're a pilgrim (if the lady behind the desk has not figured out yet) and you get a special rate with breakfast.
Bom Caminho!
Thanks for the update. I am in Porto now and will be headed to Vila do Conde tomorrow. Sounds like I have a couple good options.

Thanks Restless
Bom Caminho

Last week I met people who walked from Porto to Vila do Conde and they walked View attachment 18300 View attachment 18301 6 km inland to Vairão where is the mosteiro do Vairão albergue . Donativo and within 14 kms you are in São Pedro de Rates where is the next albergue
Worthwhile staying in Vairão ! Recommended
Thanks for this information. I am assuming this on the Caminho. Is it between Ponte and Junqueira? I only have the Brierly guide and it does not have this city (or albergue) on the map.

Thanks
Restless

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back