• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Can you give me a hand?

Time of past OR future Camino
I'm going to do the Camino this summer from the 30 of july to the 11 of august
Hello to everyone, I' Matteo and I'm going to do the Camino from the 30° July to 11° August.
I'll start Camino from Astorga and end it at Santiago, but I'd like to go also to Finisterre on 11° August, after lunch.
I've seen some bus companies (as monbus) which do this itinerary but I can't find one whose trip will start in the afternoon and with which I can also come back to Santiago in the same day. Do you know some companies? Can you help me, please?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I know that the bus trip from Finisterre to Santiago when I did it on Easter Sunday last year (so little traffic) took just under 2.5 hours, and clearly could have taken longer if there had been heavier traffic. It was a scheduled service, but only stopped in one place for more than the time needed to unload or take on passengers. An express service might be quicker, but if that is normal, then any afternoon departure is not going to leave very much time at Finisterre, and would not be an attractive commercial proposition. It might be possible to do this with scheduled services, but I would expect that you would be very limited in the time you were able to spend at Finisterre.

If you can afford it timewise, I really recommend to stay one night in Finisterre. Quite, relaxed sunset watching, evening meal with fellow peregrinos, next day back to Santiago instead of rushing there just to have been there. Buen Camino, SY

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello to everyone, I' Matteo and I'm going to do the Camino from the 30° July to 11° August.
I'll start Camino from Astorga and end it at Santiago, but I'd like to go also to Finisterre on 11° August, after lunch.
I've seen some bus companies (as monbus) which do this itinerary but I can't find one whose trip will start in the afternoon and with which I can also come back to Santiago in the same day. Do you know some companies? Can you help me, please?

Castromil (Monbus) is the only company on the route from Fisterra to Santiago.

Santiago Bus Station ... shows all the bus companies and the routes.
http://www.tussa.org/web/interior.php?txt=arbore_web6&lg=gal

Fisterra Concello
http://www.concellofisterra.com/en/

Fisterra Concello Turismo/Servicios/Transporte/Horario
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1lzdj_w1hdgcWjZ6N_ADg3TlLSyaOI1mJBUrhmfcyl30

Last edited by a moderator:
Or.... if you're comfortable with driving in Spain, team up with some of the friends you've made on the Camino
and hire a car. For our group, 8 of us, it was cheaper than a bus ticket and we could decide our own itinerary.
A people carrier that could hold nine was €90 for the day. The company had fliers in the tourist office

If going by bus book return ticket. They are timed tickets but often they overbook, so make sure you are at the bus stop next to the Municipal albergue well before time and get to the door quickly when it arrives. I once had to wait for a top-up bus to arrive.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
team up with some of the friends you've made on the Camino and hire a car.
That's what we did. We had a great day. Visited both Muxia and Finisterre and had a slap up lunch on a balcony overlooking the sea to celebrate. Lobster, Prawns, and Squid cooked in its own ink. Yum!
What a great way to finish the Frances.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back