• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus or Train back Valenca to Porto?

bamse

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino francés (Col de Somport-Finisterre)
Hello fellow travellers!
Does anyone knows which is the best way to get back to Porto from Valenca?
I have to take my plane back to Brussels on the 26th may in the morning so I would have to get back the 25th of may (which is a festive day). Which is the easiest and nicest way to see some of the landscape? And is it possible to make a reservation online? And which is the best station to stop to go to the airport? It doesn't has to be Porto center as I will not have much time to visit Porto.
Buen camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Autna bus from Valenca bus station to Porto airport
http://www.autna.com/es/

Comboios de Portugal (CP) (urban, regional, national, and international train services) from Valenca to Porto Estação de Campanhã.
http://www.cp.pt/cp/displayPage.do?vgnextoid=87cbd5abe2a74010VgnVCM1000007b01a8c0RCRD

Travel from Porto Airport (OPO) to CP trains at Estação de Campanhã by Metro. Take Metro line E from the Airport to Estação de Campanhã.

Metro do Porto
http://www.metrodoporto.pt/

Porto Airport ANA manages Porto Airport (OPO)
http://www.ana.pt/en-US/Pages/Homepage.aspx

Hi,

There is a bus leaving Valenca at 13:15 (Portuguese Time) that drops directly at the airport. Only runs once a day though. Find it on international area of alsa.es

Valenca_Porto_Bus.JPG :

There are four other buses on that day (25th) that I can find that run to Porto City and you could then get the metro out to the airport for your flight.

http://www.rede-expressos.pt/

Valenca_Porto_Rede.JPG

Lastly, there are many trains a day, some requiring changes. Look at Http://cp.pt and search Valenca to Porto - Sao Bento

Valenca_Porto_Train.JPG

Timetable for Autna bus mentioned by @whariwharangi above.

Autna_Bus.JPG

All seem that you can book on-line.

Scenery wise the train runs along the coast for a short stretch, the airport bus runs inland via Braga, the other four buses appear to stop in a few coastal towns.

I hope that helps.

Buen Camino.
Mig

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi,

There is a bus leaving Valenca at 13:15 (Portuguese Time) that drops directly at the airport. Only runs once a day though. Find it on international area of alsa.es

View attachment 18557 :

There are four other buses on that day (25th) that I can find that run to Porto City and you could then get the metro out to the airport for your flight.

http://www.rede-expressos.pt/

View attachment 18558

Lastly, there are many trains a day, some requiring changes. Look at Http://cp.pt and search Valenca to Porto - Sao Bento

View attachment 18559

Timetable for Autna bus mentioned by @whariwharangi above.

View attachment 18587

All seem that you can book on-line.

Scenery wise the train runs along the coast for a short stretch, the airport bus runs inland via Braga, the other four buses appear to stop in a few coastal towns.

I hope that helps.

Buen Camino.
Mig

Thank you very much for the helpful information!!
I prefer to take the train and I tried the webite of Http://cp.pt
But it seems it is not possible to make a reservation online. Does someone know reservation is needed on this train Valenca-Porto? Or can you just buy your ticket before you get on the train and find a seet yourself?
Nice day!

You should be ok just to buy the ticket at Valenca on the day. I did it the opposite way around the other week in Porto. Just turned up at Porto Campanha and purchased 6 tickets to Valenca for my group. 11 Euros each from memory.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You should be ok just to buy the ticket at Valenca on the day. I did it the opposite way around the other week in Porto. Just turned up at Porto Campanha and purchased 6 tickets to Valenca for my group. 11 Euros each from memory.
Thank you for the reply. I will take my chances with the train.
As the 25th of may is a religion holiday day ('Pinksteren' is 50 days after Easter) in Belgium I thought this was also the case in Portugal (and maybe very busy on the train).
But it appears not to be?
Good day

Thank you for the reply. I will take my chances with the train.
As the 25th of may is a religion holiday day ('Pinksteren' is 50 days after Easter) in Belgium I thought this was also the case in Portugal (and maybe very busy on the train).
But it appears not to be?
Good day
In Holland Whit Sunday or Pentecost as "Pinksteren" is called, is 40 days after Eastern. The 25th of May, called in Holland " second Whit Sunday" is a normal working day in Spain. and Portugal.

Hello! Just to share with you: it was very easy to take the train back from Valenca to Porto. There are a lot of trains each day and no reservation is needed. It took me almost 3hours but it was beautiful and safer than the crazy Portugese drivers.. Buen camino and thank you for the help!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
I’m seeing a lot of discussion on FB about the route out of Vigo. People are recommending taking a new bike path that starts at the Ascensor Halo and ends at Chapela because the official route is...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...
Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back