• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Windswept's video of the VdlP - a perfect cure for insomnia

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A thousand thanks Windswept, for sharing your journey with us. I followed your blogs, and today have just watched your video. In 2012 I walked from Granada to Finisterre, seeing very few Pilgrims------reading your story enabled me to reminisce and relive my time in Spain. I now wonder how I managed to undertake such a journey-----but what a privilege we have had , and how blessed we have been to have the health to walk this beautiful Camino. Your generosity in the way in which you shared your Camino with the world is inspiring. I feel the heart being pulled back to Spain ! However, Western Australia is a long way from Spain------I always said that 2 Caminos was enough------but !!!!
Enjoy your well earned rest-----and again, thank you .
Sandra

You can see it by clicking below. Hope it brings back good memories for you.

Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed your posts and the video is great.

A thousand thanks Windswept, for sharing your journey with us. I followed your blogs, and today have just watched your video. In 2012 I walked from Granada to Finisterre, seeing very few Pilgrims------reading your story enabled me to reminisce and relive my time in Spain. I now wonder how I managed to undertake such a journey-----but what a privilege we have had , and how blessed we have been to have the health to walk this beautiful Camino. Your generosity in the way in which you shared your Camino with the world is inspiring. I feel the heart being pulled back to Spain ! However, Western Australia is a long way from Spain------I always said that 2 Caminos was enough------but !!!!
Enjoy your well earned rest-----and again, thank you .
Sandra
Thank you, Sandra. You are right, what a journey we have both had, and what memories that will stay with us forever. I am so pleased I could play a small part in helping you relive yours.
My best wishes to you
Roger

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
thank you windswept!

the beginning was a tug at the heart - I hope you had a happy reunion when you returned home!

That's Benny, he is sitting on my lap as I write. Thank you for your kind comments.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes, indeed. So many "I-remember-that" moments.
But, Windswept, ;);) nobody, but nobody, walks through the Arc of Caparra without stopping in their tracks!!! :)
But seriously, it was great to watch the video after having read your real-time blog. Loved it.

But, Windswept, ;);) nobody, but nobody, walks through the Arc of Caparra without stopping in their tracks!!! :)
But seriously, it was great to watch the video after having read your real-time blog. Loved it.
Do you know Paul, the wind was blowing and I had a heck of a job keeping the iPad up straight. I had to use a lot of stones to prop it up, but I didn't take any from the arch, honestly. It took three takes to get the shot.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Bravo. Thank you so much for sharing.

Bravo. Thank you so much for sharing.
Thank you, it was my pleasure and I'm delighted you enjoyed it. I Hope it brought back happy memories of your own trek.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
That is no cure for insomnia. I just want to get up and start walking. Wonderful.

I've been waiting to see your video and you didn't disappoint ..... Wonderful.

Thank you for sharing your journey.

Martin

Thank you, Carol, I've been home a week now and I'm beginning to feel the same way. I see you are on the CF, I hope all is going well.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I've been waiting to see your video and you didn't disappoint ..... Wonderful.

Thank you for sharing your journey.

Martin
Thank you, Martin. I see you have listed the VdlP for 2015. I hope it either brought back memories or gave you a taste of things to come.
Best wishes
Roger

I walked this way last July. Like yourself, I was a flip of a coin whether to go to Ourense or Astorga
Hi Alan, in the end I'm really glad I went to Ourense, I've walked the CF and I know I would be sitting at home here now regretting it if I didn't do it. I had a lot of urging from people on the site to go that way and I'm glad I took their advice.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Beautiful video! Thanks for sharing. I will send a link to my daughter in case she decides to go this route the next time she walks the Camino.

Beautiful video! Thanks for sharing. I will send a link to my daughter in case she decides to go this route the next time she walks the Camino.
Thanks, Judy, glad you enjoyed it.

Ahhhh...you haven't left us yet! So good to see you posting. I got kind of attached to you through your Camino blog and posts;)! Loved the video and especially that opening sequence.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ahhhh...you haven't left us yet! So good to see you posting. I got kind of attached to you through your Camino blog and posts;)! Loved the video and especially that opening sequence.
Hi Laura,
That's very kind of you, glad you enjoyed it. That's Benny. I'm slowly settling back into the routine but thinking of next year too.

Thank you for this lovely view of Via de la Plata. Could you tell us your starting and ending dates (approx.)? I would like to go about the same time of year, to see the spring unfold.

Great watching this now that I have finished and lovely recognising various spots and going "I know where he took that!".
Thank you!

I've been following your blog. Thanks for this video and yes it does bring back memories. I notice that there is now a lake after Santas Martas. It was bone dry in 2004!
It was bone dry in July too - less than 2 months after Windswept passed through!

Except my walking partner. He marched through there without taking a photo (and he is an incredible photographer who photographs almost everything) after a really long very very hot sticky day. He had just run out of water. I had 200 ml left. Both of us were fantasizing about the vending machine at the Visitor Centre. I would have killed for an Aquarius. Unfortunately it was Sunday and it had just shut. I had been so looking forward to Caparra but found it a bit of an anticlimax.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back