• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buying a bike in Lisbon

Tom22378

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2000, 2001
Does anyone know of a good bike shop in Lisbon. I plan to start my journey in late August and would be buying my bike in Lisbon, Any information will be appreciated

Tom

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Tom
In Lisbon, only known "Sport Zone" a sport shop in Continente Supermaket (https://www.google.pt/webhp?sourcei...PT641PT642&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Sport+zone)
and
Decahtlon (http://www.decathlon.pt/?gclid=CLrhho3I4MUCFTHJtAodpFsAmw) outskirts Lisbon area.
You also have the option to rent a bike. There are many options just google it.
Yesterday we have welcome 4 pilgrims from Poland who rent the bikes from Cycling Centuries, but there are other providers.
They have paid, I think 200€/bike for a 8 days rent to start the caminho from Santarem to Santiago including, delivery in Santarem Hostel, insurance and bike return to Lisbon from Santiago.
The bikes were delivered in Santarem Hostel by a Courriel two days before guest arrival in a properly carton packaged and looking Mint (like new).
Minor assembly is need it, and as far as I understood all the needed tools were included in the packaged.

Bom Caminho
Mario

A Lisbon friend who is a cycling nut recommends this store, Velo Culture. The prices look awfully high to me, but he insists it is high quality well worth it. Not sure what your price range is.

They started in Porto and later opened a store in Lisbon. I´m virtually certain that if you write to them in English, they will respond fluently. Email addresses are at the bottom of the web page:

http://www.velocultureporto.com/lojas/

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Go for the rental. I end up fixing other people's cheap bikes every day on the trail.

I've heard good things about BikeIberia rentals.. Chatted with cyclists on the CP 3 weeks ago when they asked me to take their group photo.

Hi Tom: I will be cycling the Caminho Portugues from Lisbon beginning September 4th. I have decided to rent a mountain bike with front suspension from BikeIberia http://www.bikeiberia.com/. There is a very helpful English speaking lady named Tania there. You can send her an e-mail as well. I learned about BikeIberia from an Australian couple who are on this Forum: Heather and Gerry. They also have a great blog that I would highly recommend.

BikeIberia also conducts Lisbon sightseeing via bicycles. I will take advantage of this offering as I want to see Lisbon (never been there).

You do not state where you are from. I am coming from the NYC area for this Camnio. I have done a bit of research so if you have questions on routes, etc. I will be glad to share.

Buen Camino,

John

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You may have good reason to buy, but may I suggest you rent. I've had very good experience with bikeiberia in Lisbon. They provide great service, will deliver bike to your hotel and pick up in Santiago. I have used them for a Frances Camino and currently for the Portuguese. Make your trip as trouble free as possible.

Also check out tournride. They were very helpful and efficient. highly recommended. They deliver to your starting point and you drop off in santiago. Great website for booking as well.

Hi Tom: I will be cycling the Caminho Portugues from Lisbon beginning September 4th. I have decided to rent a mountain bike with front suspension from BikeIberia http://www.bikeiberia.com/. There is a very helpful English speaking lady named Tania there. You can send her an e-mail as well. I learned about BikeIberia from an Australian couple who are on this Forum: Heather and Gerry. They also have a great blog that I would highly recommend.

BikeIberia also conducts Lisbon sightseeing via bicycles. I will take advantage of this offering as I want to see Lisbon (never been there).

You do not state where you are from. I am coming from the NYC area for this Camnio. I have done a bit of research so if you have questions on routes, etc. I will be glad to share.

Buen Camino,

John
Thank you for the info - we will be leaving Lisbon on bike on Aug 27. We are from Springfield MA and I am sure we will meet as we will not be going great distances each day. - Tom

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
Arriving in Valença around noon and I need to get to my hostel in Tui. I would like to conserve my energy and time, so can I take a taxi from Valença Bus station to take me to my hostel in Tui...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back