• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mud and more mud

bryans

There is a large section of very muddy paths between Gernika and Bilbao.
As a result this section requires great care and you may consider avoiding it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
:D "Mud, mud, glorious mud! Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood.
So follow me, follow, down to the hallow
and there let us wollow in glorious mud! ":D

Take care, yes, absolutely, Avoid?...well...just my opinion, but it's all part of the package. It can actually be fun, and there are always showers (well, unless you are in San Juan de Ortega in March after a day of this; then it's too cold to imagine going out to the showers...:eek:)
Belorado - San Juan 21-3-2015 (1024x768).jpg
(And thanks, Flanders and Swan...your refrain has lightened up a lot of muddy days!)

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Aaak! What a funny slip, and I hope not a Freudian one!:oops::eek::D (It actually makes a certain sense, which is incredible.)
And since it's immortalized in your post, I edited the original. :D

I went through the same last year. It is not fun to walk in muddy wet cold feet. This is when one would appreciate a mid height structured boots...people were loosing their shoes. ...

I just trudged through the mud a couple of days ago in sandals with many near misses too -- thankfully I had a hiking pole. There is also quite a bit of mud pre-Guernika too (i.e. from Markina-Xemein onwards), some people walked along the BI-2224 road instead, it is well-marked as it's the cycle camino route.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.