• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in Bayonne?

Tricia nptnvt

Time of past OR future Camino
June (2015)
I'm flying into Paris, June 2015. Taking train to Bayonne. Need to spend a night in Bayonne before heading to SJPdP. What accommodations are available in Bayonne.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm flying into Paris, June 2015. Taking train to Bayonne. Need to spend a night in Bayonne before heading to SJPdP. What accommodations are available in Bayonne.
There's also the Hotel Cote Basque across the way from the train station. If you stay near the train station, do try to get across the river and have a wander around on that side. I found Bayonne a very interesting town, with great restaurants. And, of course, there's that ancient cathedral.

Catharina Bodenstein is a great option if you want to get into the spirit of the camino - private home, donativo, one of our best nights
I don't have her details on me but search for the thread I have mentioned her in before if you are interested.

Catharina Bodenstein is a great option if you want to get into the spirit of the camino - private home, donativo, one of our best nights
I don't have her details on me but search for the thread I have mentioned her in before if you are interested.

Thank you for the suggestions. Will look into them.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There's also the Hotel Cote Basque across the way from the train station. If you stay near the train station, do try to get across the river and have a wander around on that side. I found Bayonne a very interesting town, with great restaurants. And, of course, there's that ancient cathedral.

Do I need reservations?

Do I need reservations?
I guess one can take one's chances on not making a reservation. I planned to stay two nights in Bayonne so I made a reservation on booking.com before I left home; it was just one less thing I had to worry about. By the way, the Hotel Cote Basque is just a stone's throw from the Hotel Monte Carlo that @mspath mentioned. If you look at the map on the site @mspath provided in her post you will see how close they are. You can also see the 'Carrefour Market' two blocks away. I found this market had a good variety of Camino friendly foods; I did my shopping there so did not have to worry about that in SJPP. Buen Camino! :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thx. That's helpful! I went to the website and it was in French...wasn't sure what to do. Will try booking.com. This is my first camino and I'm trying to navigate the beginning logistics.

I stayed at the Hotel Cote Basque. I found it to be nice.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I stayed at the Hotel Cote Basque. I found it to be nice.
I hope you appreciated the old, bare boards that comprised the steps in the stairwell! Being fighting fit - to tackle the Route Napoléon - I took particular pleasure in using these old wooden stairs instead of the elevator. I love staying in old European hotels; they all have some hidden gem(s) to delight the senses.:)

I hope you appreciated the old, bare boards that comprised the steps in the stairwell! Being fighting fit - to tackle the Route Napoléon - I took particular pleasure in using these old wooden stairs instead of the elevator. I love staying in old European hotels; they all have some hidden gem(s) to delight the senses.:)

Oh yes, I used the stairs.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.