• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Campanario Albergue municipal La Estacion

eze

Time of past OR future Camino
Francès 2005/2006
Norte 2007
Plata 2008
Eze (home) Roma
Mozarabe April 2014 (Granada-Cordoba) March 2016 (Córdoba-Merida)
Camino Gironès September 2014 (La Jonquera-Vic)
Hello amigos/friends,

I would like to ask one more question about the Mozarabe part, between Cordoba and Merida.

I wish to know your experiences related to the above mentioned albergue municipal.

I have tried to reach them by mail but was given a wrong mail adress...

My questions are : Is there a possibility to be allocated a double room (two beds ?) for two persons ?
Is there a possibility to have diner ?
Do they provide bed linen and bathroom linen ?

Thanks/Gracias for your answers/respuestas.

Francis

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Francis,

I was in Campanario three weeks ago when completing the Mozarabe.

La Estacion is not open and situated three kilometres out of the way.
I also tried to reach them but to no avail. Another person on the camino at the same time made it there to find the doors closed and no one answering the phone. You might as well forget about it.

The secret in Campanario is a little know pension situated on the camino as you exit the village. Pension Malay.

Be careful and look for it (not well advertised) at the round about, in front of the ''gazolinera'', on your right. If you cannot find it or if there is no answer, go to the restaurant on your left after the tunnel and ask for help. The owner is very friendly and he will call for you if you ask.

The pension is very clean, cheap and has different types of rooms among others ''double twins''.

Good luck,
Jean-Marc

Hi Francis,

I was in Campanario three weeks ago when completing the Mozarabe.

La Estacion is not open and situated three kilometres out of the way.
I also tried to reach them but to no avail. Another person on the camino at the same time made it there to find the doors closed and no one answering the phone. You might as well forget about it.

The secret in Campanario is a little know pension situated on the camino as you exit the village. Pension Malay.

Be careful and look for it (not well advertised) at the round about, in front of the ''gazolinera'', on your right. If you cannot find it or if there is no answer, go to the restaurant on your left after the tunnel and ask for help. The owner is very friendly and he will call for you if you ask.

The pension is very clean, cheap and has different types of rooms among others ''double twins''.

Good luck,
Jean-Marc
Jean-Marc, thanks vm for this precious information. I'll check Pension Malay before leaving home.
Thanks

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I walked the Mozarabe in 2012 and stayed a night in the albergue beside the train station at Camponario. At that time it was a very functional building with about 20 -30 places. I had a room to myself, with 2 bunks in my room. Two Dutch ladies shared another room. We had cotton sheets , blankets and a quilt ! I can't recall if we were given towels. I thought it was an amazing building beside the railway line-----the 2 Dutch ladies took the train to Merida the next morning, while I continued on to Don Benito. The lady who looked after this building( Amelia) also looked after the little restaurant at the station, so she cooked us a meal in the evening. She also left us coffee etc for our breakfast. I do not know if she still cares for the Albergue, but it would be such a shame if it is no longer used. The only disadvantage was that it was ? 2 ---3 kms out of the town, but as I was prepared for this , I had some food with me if needed. I think we paid 15E for the bed, and 8E for the dinner. However, in the morning I only had to backtrack 500 metres and I was on the trail to continue my journey-----I had passed an arrow the day before. I think this is the telephone number I had----695669474. However, I did not ring her-------by chance she was the driver of the car I stopped to ask where was the albergue.
I hope you manage to find accommodation-------one can also stay at the sports building. Amelia told us she goes out to the station whenever a train is scheduled.
Sandra

I walked the Mozarabe in 2012 and stayed a night in the albergue beside the train station at Camponario. At that time it was a very functional building with about 20 -30 places. I had a room to myself, with 2 bunks in my room. Two Dutch ladies shared another room. We had cotton sheets , blankets and a quilt ! I can't recall if we were given towels. I thought it was an amazing building beside the railway line-----the 2 Dutch ladies took the train to Merida the next morning, while I continued on to Don Benito. The lady who looked after this building( Amelia) also looked after the little restaurant at the station, so she cooked us a meal in the evening. She also left us coffee etc for our breakfast. I do not know if she still cares for the Albergue, but it would be such a shame if it is no longer used. The only disadvantage was that it was ? 2 ---3 kms out of the town, but as I was prepared for this , I had some food with me if needed. I think we paid 15E for the bed, and 8E for the dinner. However, in the morning I only had to backtrack 500 metres and I was on the trail to continue my journey-----I had passed an arrow the day before. I think this is the telephone number I had----695669474. However, I did not ring her-------by chance she was the driver of the car I stopped to ask where was the albergue.
I hope you manage to find accommodation-------one can also stay at the sports building. Amelia told us she goes out to the station whenever a train is scheduled.
Sandra
Thanks Alexandra for your post. I'll try to sort the problem out (opened or not) by contacting the "ayuntamiento".
I have already worked on a B plan, taking a bus to Don Benito and back the following morning to Campanario to walk to Don Benito.
May be the Canuck solution will also a way to clear the problem.
Thanks again.

Ps : We spent a few days in Perth, two years ago before joining our son's home in Sydney. My wife is "in love" with Perth.

There are some details about Pension Malay here:
http://campanario.es/guia/empresas/empresas_detalle.php?id=33&KT_back=1
I wish I had known about it when I walked the Mozarabe in March/April this year.
We stayed 2 nights in Don Benito and travelled back to Campanario in the morning.
That was fine too. Both towns are bigger than I expected. In fact all the towns along the Mozarabe were surprising and delightful in their own way.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks Marianne,

I do hope to get an answer from Ayuntamiento de Campanario concerning the albergue.
If there is no answer, i'll do the same you did, take a bus to and from Don Benito.

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back