• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

CPI - The way - Introduction and 1º day

amsimoes

Time of past OR future Camino
I am out.
Friends have my email.
This document is an attempt to adapt the Pilgrim Oswaldo blog into English.
Sorry for the mistakes I made in English.

Attachments

• CPI-Introduction.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 94
  • CPI-1ª Etapa.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Am considering a Portuguese Camino for next May. When I did my Camino in May, 2014, (Leon to Santiago with a side jaunt to the Samos Monastery) I used Jacotrans once or twice on days when I wanted to put in as many kilometers as possible. Is there any similar service on the Portuguese routes or on the Way to Finesterre? If there are none, I still am going. But an almost 70 years old hiker likes to plan well in advance.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Try TuiTrans for baggage transport north of Porto. JacoTrans also advertises service on the Finisterre camino. The Spanish postal service/Correos offers baggage transport for pilgrims also.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Oh wow - this is SOooooo useful for potential CPI pilgrims.
I am really excited about choosing this route for October now. I wish the time would go a little quicker though. It’s a cold wet winter in NZ and I’m dreaming of being back in gorgeous Portugal.
I hope we can catch up along the way Aurelio. I’ll arrive in Lisbon on the 28th Sept and be there for a few days I think.
You are so kind to provide this info for the forum. I’ll bet there will be a few more veteran pilgrims trying out this route now there is more info in English. Cheers

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, thanks very much for this info. Just done the Portugues Central and loved it so much I'm planning this for next year. I've just seen some reports on a Dutch site from a Dutchie who found it heavy going, with lots of climbs and descents. The guy was putting in 40-50km per day, mind you. For myself, about 20-25km per day is fine. Gives me time to stop and look around.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back