• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Whether ... weather (Switz Sept 2015)

Kitsambler

Jakobsweg Junkie
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP 2023
While I have been planning to walk the Swiss Via Jacobi from Einsiedeln to Lausanne in September this year, I am becoming alarmed at the prolonged heat wave that has struck (not only in Europe but also here in Seattle). In most years the September weather in Switzerland would be more moderate. Are there any long-range forecasts for 2-3 months out? Any notions of whether I should alter my travel plans? Geneva will hit 100F at least twice this week. That does not make appealing walking weather. What do you think?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
And the ten day forecast looks like the heat wave breaks soon, so I think I'll proceed with lodging reservations.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just returned from the Via Jacobi, and despite the heat, I had a great time walking. Especially the Einsiedeln - Lake Thun part has lots of woods and often there was a light breeze on the high plains, where there is less shade, and several times, I just did shorter distances, not only due to the heat, but also to stay in what were for me special places like monasteries, communities or albergues. There were not many people this time - during the three weeks I met a total of eight other pilgrims, so accommodation was never an issue. Ultreia!

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back