• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

schedule for the bus from finisterre to santiago

jimmy_88

Time of past OR future Camino
would like to go on camino del norte!
Hi guys,

I was looking at the schedule for buses between Finisterre and Santiago de Compostela (I'm planning to take it around the 15th or 16th of August), but from the website http://www.monbus.es/es all except one of the daily rides show a price, very much like in this post.

Does this mean there is only one ride a day? Or rather, that I just can't buy tickets online?

Thanks!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi guys,

I was looking at the schedule for buses between Finisterre and Santiago de Compostela (I'm planning to take it around the 15th or 16th of August), but from the website http://www.monbus.es/es all except one of the daily rides show a price, very much like in this post.

Does this mean there is only one ride a day? Or rather, that I just can't buy tickets online?

Thanks!

I think it means that the only tickets available are at the normal price. I don't know how you would find that normal price if there were not otherwise discounts available for one or more of the buses.

You can't buy a ticket for the Fisterra to Santiago bus online

Ok, then. I just wanted to make sure the schedule is really that one and there isn't just one bus per day.
Thanks!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
There are actually two bus companies that run buses between Finisterre and Santiago. The tourist office only gives out information on the one that does not require a change. It hugs the coast for a long time and some of the ride is very pretty, but it is a longer ride than the other. The other bus requires you to change, but the change is simple. Get off where the bus driver motions you to get off. Stand and wait for the next bus, which will arrive in several minutes. Board the next bus. This bus also has the advantage that it stops very near the cathedral, at that big parking lot, Juan XXIII.

Thanks for the information!
From what I've read, there is no other way to get back to Santiago, right?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back