• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

digital guidebook?

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés and I've walked the caminos from Arles and from Vezelay in France and Via de la plata and Camino Sanabrés, Camino de Madrid sept 2015, and plan to walk Camino de Madrid once again in May 2016 and in the autumn2016 Camaino de Levante
Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to purchase a digital guidebook for el Camino de Levante, in English or Spanish?
Margareta

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, Margareta, welcome to the forum. I see our Levante numbers are growing little by little! You will get lots of good Levante information here, there is a pretty dedicated bunch of Levante pilgrims who are happy to help.

As far as a digital guidebook, there is nothing that I know of. In fact, the only guidebooks to the Levante that I have ever seen are the one published by the Amigos in Valencia in Spanish and English, and the French guide by someone named Gerard. I would highly recommend the Amigos guide, I found it very helpful and very accurate. The maps are also quite good. I used the Spanish version, and I ripped out the information on the Sanabres (from Zamora onwards) as well as some pages on preparing for the camino, historical background, etc, because this guide is a bit heavy. I suppose you could buy it and scan it onto your phone to avoid carrying it.

KinkyOne is in Ourense now, having just completed most of the Levante. He left in early June from Valencia but got caught in that huge heat wave and decided to skip the Toledo to Avila stage. I would do everything possible to avoid having to skip that stage, so maybe an earlier start date is a good idea.

Buen camino, Laurie

Hi Laurie
and thank you very much for your advise!
Best,
Margareta

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Margareta, I think you told me that you are starting in March?

Once you get the guidebook, please don't hesitate to ask about stages. I know you are concerned about the longer ones. With the group of Levante alumni on the forum, we should be able to figure it out so you are able to walk the distances that work best for you. Buen camino, Laurie

Margareta, I think you told me that you are starting in March?

Once you get the guidebook, please don't hesitate to ask about stages. I know you are concerned about the longer ones. With the group of Levante alumni on the forum, we should be able to figure it out so you are able to walk the distances that work best for you. Buen camino, Laurie
Thank you Laurie, you're really so helpful and sweet! No doubt, I'll get back to you then.
Best,
Margareta

Hello Margareta, Yes I done it this year staring in mid April, no problems. I used the great notes of Laurie plus the amigo guide, dont bother with any digital stuff, when you need it most you wont be able to read the screen properly with the strong sunlight. Any questions pm me. Enjoy
Dermot (Nalod)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello Margareta, Yes I done it this year staring in mid April, no problems. I used the great notes of Laurie plus the amigo guide, dont bother with any digital stuff, when you need it most you wont be able to read the screen properly with the strong sunlight. Any questions pm me. Enjoy
Dermot (Nalod)

Thank you Nalod, I've come to that conclusion myself and ordered the guidebook from the Amigos in Valencia. Were you alone on that camino mid April?? I started Via de la Plata at the beginning of May and really got the heatwave as did you, I suppose. So this time I would actually like to start in March next year but then I might be the only creature on the camino. Have you heard anything on this subject?
Best,
Margareta

There were only about 2 or 3 when I was on it, I was lucky to team up with an amazing man from Denmark for two of my weeks, he was 80 years old and done one 40km day and many around 30. The colour in April and May was amazing, it may not be as good in March. Yes it was hot (mid to late 30 for a few days but ok). If you would like to get a feel for the landscape and colour you can have a look at my photographs. I can give you a direct link to the Levante stuff it might help you. http://www.caminogallery.com/gallery/?id=36&area=9 and http://www.dermotdolan.blogspot.ie/2015/06/recent-spanish-trip-camino-de-levante.html also I have many photographs on this forum if you search using my forum name Nalod.

Thank you Dermot for your quick reply! Those are really good pictures (I'm a picture editor). The man with the white hair. is he the 80 year old man? Maybe I'll start around March 20th and then hope for the best in every aspect. It's not really that important, The main thing is to walk and your photos really inspired me.
Best,
Margareta

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
To all those on the Camino de Levante thank you for advice, and help after two CF walks I am so excited with my walk next year it will be in early September and will finish when I get there if anyone is thinking of walking that time I would love to hear from you. Again thanks for the help.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back