• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy 11th August

eirePaul

Time of past OR future Camino
none
Hi, going to be arriving in lyon on the 11th of august to travel to le Puy to start my camino, Very Excited,
just wondering I thought i read somewhere that the train runs directly from Lyon to Le Puy now or do i go to St Etienne and transfer ?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You'll transfer at St. Etienne which isn't a big deal as the Le Puy train will be on the other side of the platform. Make sure you sit on the right hand side for the best views of the Haut Loire.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
According to SNCF, there's one train from Lyon at 11:06 that doesn't require changing at St. Étienne.

Hi, going to be arriving in Lyon on the 11th of august to travel to le Puy to start my camino, Very Excited,
just wondering I thought i read somewhere that the train runs directly from Lyon to Le Puy now or do i go to St Etienne and transfer ?

I was there in May this year and there were direct trains available. Catch the train from Lyon Part Dieu (there is a tram connection directly from airport to this train station) and it takes about 2h20m to get to Le Puy. You can pre book your train ticket at http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en/ - there are machines in the train station where you can print it out.... bring your booking reference and you may need the credit card you booked with (not sure though)...

Its a very scenic trip so if you want to see the views pick a window seat on the RHS of the train facing the direction of travel.... :)

Thank you so much for the advice everyone, its greatly appreciated. nerves settling in now, hopefully they will be gone after the 1st day or two

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
If you have to change train in St. Etienne, walk out of the station if you have time and have a look at the station building. It is beautiful! Buen camino!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back