Search 69,459 Camino Questions

I'm baaack.....

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi Primitivo Groupies!

I just posted my updated guide and posted in the blogs/pictures sub-forum. The link to my blog is in my signature here also. In the blog I have a post reviewing all the places we stayed also.

We wanted to be "off the grid" while in Spain so I have not been on this forum since we left the US on 5 June. haven't been on FB and only looked at email from a "secret address" we shared only with family members and a few others. Being out of contact was wonderful and freeing! But I am glad to be back and getting re-connected!

We had an incredible experience on the Primitivo. I thought it was a pretty difficult (OK, very difficult) walk. But it was so beautiful. We were really able to feel like we were on our own. but there was a great but small group of pilgrims at the albergues every evening. the albergues we stayed in were really great on the whole. The food along the way was several cuts above what we found on the Frances. We only met one other American couple and no other first language English speakers.

I am just now looking through my alerts and responding to anything that seems still relevant.

Glad to be back!

Liz

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yay, glad to see you back, Liz. I got home two weeks ago and headed straight for the forum to quench my Camino longing. Your post reminds me to go look at your blog, which I didn't do while walking. So glad to hear you enjoyed the Primitivo, I know I'll be back (if my knees hold up) sooner rather than later. And I would really enjoy hearing your observations on hospitalera-ing (or is that in your blog as well?).

Buen camino, Laurie

Well, my Learned Friends, I've been back less than a month and I am trawling through the cheap airfares because it looks like a September Camino is definitely going to happen.....
Going with a dear friend who is doing it tough after losing a beloved husband. She wants lots of company, and walking. What better than 3 weeks on the Frances?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Well, my Learned Friends, I've been back less than a month and I am trawling through the cheap airfares because it looks like a September Camino is definitely going to happen.....
Going with a dear friend who is doing it tough after losing a beloved husband. She wants lots of company, and walking. What better than 3 weeks on the Frances?

You don't mean THIS September, do you????? UNFAIR, I say.

p.s I am sorry, this sounds rather boorish in light of the reason why you are walking. I was just feeling sorry for myself, with no chance for a camino for a year. I think that it's a truly wonderful thing that you will walk with your friend who is grieving, and I hope that it brings her some peace.

Yep. Not sure what I'll say to my few remaining clients.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yay, glad to see you back, Liz. I got home two weeks ago and headed straight for the forum to quench my Camino longing. Your post reminds me to go look at your blog, which I didn't do while walking. So glad to hear you enjoyed the Primitivo, I know I'll be back (if my knees hold up) sooner rather than later. And I would really enjoy hearing your observations on hospitalera-ing (or is that in your blog as well?).

Buen camino, Laurie
Laurie, Tom and I both loved Hospitaleroing! I wrote about the details in the blog. Suffice to say here that we, along with our third, Elaine, we are planning to sign up again for 2017!

Kanga, I'll look for your posts. I agree that the Camino is likely to be good therapy.

I think our plans are more in the future. We are thinking about walking Haervejen in Denmark and exploring some of Tom's Danish heritage. More in the future is to walk from Le Puy as soon as we retire in about 4 years.

Liz

Welcome back Liz! I got an email announcing your guide update and I have already gone rough it. If you want I'll send you a few of my comments. So glad you enjoyed this route. And like the others, I also have been wondering where to walk next. It will probalby be next spring.

Welcome back Liz! I got an email announcing your guide update and I have already gone rough it. If you want I'll send you a few of my comments. So glad you enjoyed this route. And like the others, I also have been wondering where to walk next. It will probalby be next spring.
Definitely send on comments! I tried to include some of yours from your posts while walking, but I'm sure folks will be interested! L

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Liz, will do! It's little things, like what the bus to Naranco is called now, 10 vs 1A. And thank you for the clarification that walking from Naranco is longer, it felt like more tha. 10 km but could not prove it. Now I can! And adding the Carbayon to the list of foods to eat in Oviedo, despite their many many points

What were your highlights? Your most difficult or disappointing bits? Did ypu go by the Hospitsles route or Pola? I hear Pola is also quite beautiful and perhaps just as difficult. Oh wait, I can go read your blog! Will go do that!

Welcome home.

Hi Primitivo Groupies!

I just posted my updated guide and posted in the blogs/pictures sub-forum. The link to my blog is in my signature here also. In the blog I have a post reviewing all the places we stayed also.

We wanted to be "off the grid" while in Spain so I have not been on this forum since we left the US on 5 June. haven't been on FB and only looked at email from a "secret address" we shared only with family members and a few others. Being out of contact was wonderful and freeing! But I am glad to be back and getting re-connected!

We had an incredible experience on the Primitivo. I thought it was a pretty difficult (OK, very difficult) walk. But it was so beautiful. We were really able to feel like we were on our own. but there was a great but small group of pilgrims at the albergues every evening. the albergues we stayed in were really great on the whole. The food along the way was several cuts above what we found on the Frances. We only met one other American couple and no other first language English speakers.

I am just now looking through my alerts and responding to anything that seems still relevant.

Glad to be back!

Liz

Hi, Liz!

It's a small world. We just got back on Thursday, ourselves! You, Tom and Elaine were fantastic hospitaleros and helped make our family's stay at Gaucelmo our favorite on the Camino (...to Fisterra!) You all inspired Robbi and I to also consider volunteering as hospitaleros some day in the future!

All the very best to you and Tom1504.jpg !

Lloyd and the Parker Family

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back