Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Invierno next year

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I intend to walk the Invierno in the second half of June next year, leaving Ponferada on June 17th. Anyone else walking around that time?

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Hi Alan,
Quite a coincidence - Tenatively, I'll be near Ponferrada on that day, within a day's walk. I'm planning the Levante Camino, from Valencia, to commence in May, to Astorga, then onto the Invierno @ Ponferrada, onto SdeC .
frank
I gather you're from Australia ? (N.S.W.)

Hi Alan,
Quite a coincidence - Tenatively, I'll be near Ponferrada on that day, within a day's walk. I'm planning the Levante Camino, from Valencia, to commence in May, to Astorga, then onto the Invierno @ Ponferrada, onto SdeC .
frank
I gather you're from Australia ? (N.S.W.)

Hi Frank - good to hear from you.

I will be finishing a 2 week stint as a hospitalero at Gaucelmo at Rabanal del Camino on June 16th and heading for Ponferada after that, maybe by car or bus. If you are walking from Astorga to Ponferada before then perhaps we will meet in Rabanal, and could walk together from there, but only if you like walking with someone else. I will be free to leave after breakfast on June 16th, after giving the new hospitaleros a quick demo of how the place runs on June 15th.

Yes I am from Australia, and live near the centre of the state of NSW, nearly 400 km west of Sydney. The Aussie dollar has crashed against the Euro, but that won't stop me going to Spain!

Alan

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I intend to walk the Invierno in the second half of June next year, leaving Ponferada on June 17th. Anyone else walking around that time?

Alan

Alan, this is a camino I would walk again and again and again. I've done it on the high-km plan and the low-km plan and both were wonderful. I will be updating the guide Reb wrote (and I edited for a later version), which is in the Resources section, and I'm hoping to have it done by the end of 2015.

If I remember right, your livelihood has something to do with wine. If I'm right about that, this is the Camino for you. You will find lots of people eager to show off the local wines and I'm sure many bodegas will welcome you if you choose to stray from the straight and narrow. Buen camino, Laurie

Alan, this is a camino I would walk again and again and again. I've done it on the high-km plan and the low-km plan and both were wonderful. I will be updating the guide Reb wrote (and I edited for a later version), which is in the Resources section, and I'm hoping to have it done by the end of 2015.

If I remember right, your livelihood has something to do with wine. If I'm right about that, this is the Camino for you. You will find lots of people eager to show off the local wines and I'm sure many bodegas will welcome you if you choose to stray from the straight and narrow. Buen camino, Laurie

Hi Laurie

Thanks for that. I will wait with bated breath for the updated version of the Invierno guide. You make walking that route sound wonderful!

While my livelihood does not have anything to do with wine, I am an enthusiastic volunteer at our local wine show. I have to be back home by the end of the first week in July each year as that is when the entries start to come in, and the judging occurs 7 weeks after that. Then there is the cleaning up to be done so it takes about 10 weeks each year out of my life, but like most volunteer jobs it is great fun. Then I generally go teetotal until Christmas.

My wife and I are catching the Indian/Pacific train to Perth tomorrow - all drinks are free for the 3 day/3 night journey but I will be sleeping in a top bunk so caution will be exercised with alcohol intake. My wife insisted that I take the top bunk as I am used to sleeping in one, and she is not. Hard to argue with that.

I will be in SdC a couple of times next year - do you have any definite plans yet?

Alan

Not out of the question Al ,
Can't leave home before grandchilds birthday 11/6.
Was going to start in Leon but can change and after reaching Muxia off to Inglese.
Will keep in touch.
Hope you give the Mornington Peninsula wines a chance instead of the home mob.
Keep healthy until you depart,
David

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back