• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Other trails but the same problems

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi mspath, would it be possible for you to put up a link to the abovementioned article please? Thanks in advance...susanawee

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks for that, Margaret. Just goes to show that pilgrims aren't the only ones obsessed with who is "authentic" or "real." This guy surely rants on about why Bill Bryson didn't "really" hike the AT, and how he was going to do it "the right way." (italics his and not done to convey irony, I would bet).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Great article Margaret. Worth reading to the end. I can't dispute anything he says, Laurie. I suppose the difference between me and Bryson (well, one of the many, but we won't go there) is that he did not apparently want to continue the "mindlessness" involved. For me that's the ultimate.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wouldn't it be wonderful if it were all connected and possible. I look forward to the time when young Australians and New Zealanders can once again travel overland to Europe, as my friends did in the 1960s and 70s. Just not possible now with the conflicts in Afghanistan and the middle East.

If we walk together it brings us together in other ways.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This terse reportage by Leon McCarron describes his 1000 mile trek through timeless Middle East landscapes across lands fraught with contemporary danger. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...ddle-east-taught-me-about-life-leon-mccarron/

Like most who travel either on or off 'beaten paths' he was sincerely thankful for simple, authentic local hospitality.

"To walk is to be constantly humbled; by landscapes, by emotions, by people. By gestures and kindnesses...." Leon McCarron

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

My father read a book about the Camino written by a Catholic Priest from a small town in Europe. The book was fairly detailed in capturing life of pilgrim. We have perused all pics of books on...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.