• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Logo

Urban Trekker

Happy Trails
Time of past OR future Camino
English Camino (2013)
Portuguese Camino (2014)
French Camino (2016)
Way of Saint Francis April 2017
Help. I'm trying to map out the route from Barajas airport to Madrid Puerta de Atocha train station. According to GOOGLE Maps I take the pink line, line 8, to Nuevos Ministerios then take the green line to the train station except there is no green line from the Ministerios station and the logo is not for the metro or bus. It's a red circle with a white backwards C in it. Tram, Trolley, cable car ? Buen Camino

Happy Trails

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Help. I'm trying to map out the route from Barajas airport to Madrid Puerta de Atocha train station. According to GOOGLE Maps I take the pink line, line 8, to Nuevos Ministerios then take the green line to the train station except there is no green line from the Ministerios station and the logo is not for the metro or bus. It's a red circle with a white backwards C in it. Tram, Trolley, cable car ? Buen Camino

Happy Trails
From the airport terminal T4 is a direct train connection to the Chamartin station, and also to Atocha and Principe Pío (nice shoppingcenter inside the station with small restaurants and close by the Royal Palace)

29 minuts from T4 to Atocha by this train. 2,60€ single ticket

Tren de cercanías

La línea C1 de Renfe Cercanías conecta la terminal T4 del aeropuerto Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas con el centro de la capital.
La estación Aeropuerto T4 cuenta con controles de acceso más anchos de lo habitual para facilitar el paso de maletas y con máquinas de venta de billetes de todos los productos de Renfe.

Paradas en el aeropuerto
  • Terminal T4. Planta -1. Estación de cercanías
Tarifas
Billete sencillo: 2,60 €. Válido para un viaje durante las dos horas siguientes a su expendición. Es gratuito para los pasajeros que tienen pasaje de AVE y conectan con algún vuelo.
Ida y vuelta:5,20 €. La ida ha de realizarse dentro de las dos horas siguientes a la emisión de los billetes, mientras que la vuelta puede realizarse a lo largo del día siguiente.
Bonotren: abono de 10 viajes sencillos, válido durante un mes. Puede ser utilizado por más de un viajero de forma simultánea, siempre que todos tengan el mismo origen / destino.
Abono mensual: válido para dos viajes diarios durante un mes.
Los billetes se pueden comprar en taquillas y máquinas expendedoras de las estaciones. Están admitidos todos los abonos de transporte mensuales y abonos turísticos emitidos por el Consorcio de Transportes de Madrid.

Conoce los distintos tipos de abono y sus ventajas

Horario
Destino Aeropuerto T4: de 6.02 a 23.32 horas.
Destino Príncipe Pío: de 5.59 a 22.28 horas.
Frecuencia: 30 minutos.

Tiempos aproximados de traslados desde la estación Aeropuerto T4:

• Chamartín (conexión con trenes de larga distancia): 11 minutos.
  • Nuevos Ministerios (centro financiero): 18 minutos.
  • Atocha (conexión con trenes de larga distancia y Renfe AVE, Museo del Prado, Museo Reina Sofía y Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza: 25 minutos
  • Méndez Álvaro (conexión con autobuses nacionales): 29 minutos.
  • Príncipe Pío (conexión con autobuses nacionales y área intermodal): 38 minutos.
Contacto
Teléfono de información:
902 320 320
Enlaces de interés:

Buen camino

Happy Trails

There are three transportation options from Barajas Airport to Puerta de Atocha

-Cercanias train from T4 to Puerta de Atocha ... as described by Albertinho. The red circle with the backwards white C is the symbol for Cercanias.
http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/cercanias/madrid/

-Madrid Metro from either T4 or T1-T2-T3; #8 (pink) to Nuevo Ministerios, #10 (Blue)to Tribunal, and #1 (light blue) to Atocha Renfe. (there are other combinations of route possible)
http://www.metromadrid.es/en/

Madrid Metro Map
http://www.metromadrid.es/export/sites/metro/comun/documentos/planos/Planoesquematicoingles.pdf

-EMT Airport Express bus #203 from either T4 or T1-T2-T3
http://www.emtmadrid.es/lineaAeropuerto/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The logo you are asking about is for the RENFE Cercanias line. RENFE is the country's rail system, Cercanias is the line that basically does "suburbian transport" of large metropolitan centers such as Madrid, Bilbao, as well as the lines im Asturias for example.

Thank you every one for your help. Pink line to Ministerios then the Green RENFE commuter line to the Atocha train station. :) Muy Bien Camino

Happy Trails

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back