• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My favourite bar (in Galicia) is

jefferyonthecamino

http://www.barrerabooks.com/ - Guidebooks
Time of past OR future Camino
the little place in Calzada, about an hour from Arzúa. They have a wicked café con leche, honest smiling faces, good food, a tiny shop, outdoor seating, cows nearby or passing by and a fun unisex toilet, which unavoidably ends up with long queues.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Pepe's bar in Padrón on the caminho Portugues

From 5 minutes and 38 seconds on this vid an impression of this Pepe and his bar moreless opposite the Padrón albergue . Good place for a drink, a tostada a breakfast but one and for all a hilarious man . A good laugh. Pepe es loco ! Pepe is crazy. . A must on the caminho Portugues

Bom caminho

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I remember Pepe, very crazy, we asked for his recommendation of a pulperia, he suggested next door, we looked at the front of the building it had pulperia in little letters, you wouldn't have known it was one if you hadn't looked. I opened the door and it was a very basic room, with Formica tables, a long counter and a little alcove where they cooked the pulpo out of sight, and there was one person in there a quite senior lady, wrapped up in blanket on her chair rocking back and forward. I shut the door went back to him and said are you sure, he then started to jump up and down for about two minutes shouting Bueno! Bueno!.... Even my limited Spanish could grasp the meaning. The five of us went in and had a very good pulpo (s), his place is recommended and the pulperia is as well ( Pulpo Purgatorio).

Last edited by a moderator:
On the Camino Frances, I would hands down say the place in Morgade. Beautiful location, nice rural setting, lots of outdoor seating, and most importantly, it's a family run place. It's run by a family that hasn't become cynical or greedy but tries to provide good service and good food at a reasonable price. I was there in 2000 and again in 2013, and though the size of the operation and the amount of business has increased almost exponentially, I still found the senora in the kitchen, now with her grandkids working at her side. It's about 12 km after Sarria.

http://www.casamorgade.com

I like the place in Eireixe, but that could be because I once had a very memorable evening there. And came back two years later to find the same gorgeous albondegas still on the menu ... will be stopping there (under the tree, if anyone wondered) again this September and watch pilgrims go by while I have a rest. It was being refurbed in March so don't know what it's like now.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
On the Camino Frances, I would hands down say the place in Morgade. Beautiful location, nice rural setting, lots of outdoor seating, and most importantly, it's a family run place. It's run by a family that hasn't become cynical or greedy but tries to provide good service and good food at a reasonable price. I was there in 2000 and again in 2013, and though the size of the operation and the amount of business has increased almost exponentially, I still found the senora in the kitchen, now with her grandkids working at her side. It's about 12 km after Sarria.

http://www.casamorgade.com
Làurie's suggestion sounds great but unfortunately it is closed off season. Hence I have never had the pleasure .

Just 1 k further at Ferreios is another happy family run simple place the bar/restaurante O Mirallos.

Open all year, fireplace in winter, great local food and big hugs from the hostess/chef each time I stop. It is located down the hill from the municipal albergue next to the cemetery.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This would be the Taberna a Tia Maria in O Porrino. It is a churrasqueira restaurant and also bar. It is 50 metres off route at the Velodromo of O Porrino just at the end of the more scenic route into this town ( from Orbenlle ). Lovely people, was there on a sunday, very nice ambiance and only locals. The lady also insisted on filling my bottle.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back