• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Mr T and Dad are in StJPdP tonight.

Ian Phillips

Time of past OR future Camino
walking july -sept (2015)
Ian and his ten year old son flew into Biarritz today and have made their way to St Jean. It was a first modern flight for Dad and a first everything for Mr T.

Mum is at home keeping the pot boiling.

Buenos Camino to my two adventurers

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Buen Camino to them both.
Regards Dermot

I'm sure they will have a great time. Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Ian and his ten year old son flew into Biarritz today and have made their way to St Jean. It was a first modern flight for Dad and a first everything for Mr T.

Wish you both well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The 10-year old son will have, by far, the BEST "How I spent my summer holidays" essay, report, or narrative story when he returns to school in September... When I was about that age, one of the first things teachers usually did to get children back into a school frame of mind was to have them each write an essay describing what they had done over their holidays. The best one or two usually were read aloud.

I always disliked when other kids had better accounts of what they did, where they went, or the places they saw over summer school holidays. NOW he gets to trump all their stories with tales of knights, castles, pilgrims, meeting people from all over the world, and the sheer adventure of it all.

My advice is to take lots of photos to PROVE he actually did all these very, very cool things...for a 10-year old. Without photos, some adults simply will not believe.

Go for it!

Have an absolutely marvelous Camino - a wonderful adventure for Mr T. but also for his Dad.
Suzanne :)

After a slight scare over a night time bite that spread poison up Daddy's leg, they are into the last 100 miles. Mr T has walked over 400 miles. So happy. Thanks to all that keep taking photographs. Torquin thinks he must be famous!!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The 10-year old son will have, by far, the BEST "How I spent my summer holidays" essay, report, or narrative story when he returns to school in September... When I was about that age, one of the first things teachers usually did to get children back into a school frame of mind was to have them each write an essay describing what they had done over their holidays. The best one or two usually were read aloud.

I always disliked when other kids had better accounts of what they did, where they went, or the places they saw over summer school holidays. NOW he gets to trump all their stories with tales of knights, castles, pilgrims, meeting people from all over the world, and the sheer adventure of it all.

My advice is to take lots of photos to PROVE he actually did all these very, very cool things...for a 10-year old. Without photos, some adults simply will not believe.

Go for it!

We have a facebook page. Torquins Walk. we have all the proof required, not to mention a samsung device full of his video's and a much more confident little boy, who recently LOVED the Castillo de los Templarios, and enjpys the ancient churches and ruins. We Liked this pic he took of the cross at the stones. No body believed he was going on a 9 week walk. They will once he comes back!

Attachments

• cross and rainbow.jpg
    cross and rainbow.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 23
Wow...wonderful!
Buen camino and congratulations to the intrepid duo!
And a big storm on top of all the rest of the adventure? Well, hope you can stay a bit dry today...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

that is such a fantastic adventure ,i am in my early 40"s and walked with my dad and youngest sister and none of us will forget it ,,work to life balance with modern life leaves the barest time for the important things so its really wonderful for me to imagine the moments and chats they might have had on the journey,priceless !

Thank you all. Yes, they walked through the 'storm'. The full 16km. Thank you to the folks that pushed a young lad to the front of the queue at the Alberque. Ian was getting worried about him,as the rain had ruined quite a lot of their food, but a bar of chocolate, donated by a kind lady the night before,and dry blankets soon sorted things out. They walked into Santiago this morning, and are now staying at 'The Last Stamp' They will be in Santiago until Saturday. Torquin has just discovered what he has done, and is thrilled. He loved the cathedral, and hearing his name during the mass. Buenos Camino to you all.

They arrived home, triumphant, but regretful at leaving the Camino, just after midnight last night. 65 days and a lot of memories later.

Thanks to all who helped on the way, particularly those who helped Ian on the mountain when a mysterious bite on his foot poisoned his leg. Thanks to your support, and first aid/ healing/ pain removal help, he got to hospital, had the poison drained,some antibiotics injected, and they carried on. Big thanks also go tho those who kept an eye on them both and ensured Torquin's safety en-route. Knowing that people were aware of his presence helped Ian to continue.

Torquin is as full of beans as ever, has oceans of self confidence, and is ready to face his last year in primary school. Ian is simply thankful and overjoyed to have completed a project and goal he set himself 3 years ago.

Buenos Camino to all past present and future pilgrims. Apparently I'm being taken back to do parts next year and accompany the twosome to Finsterre. So, from the 'mumsie' back up team, and the 'boys', see you soon.
J

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Congratulations to the intrepid trio! (And to the team back home, which is never a small part of the endeavor...)

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back