• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tips please for a Novice doing the Camino Ingles on Friday 28th August.

cardifflad52

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2015 Inglis Way , March 2022 Camino Frances
I managed to find some time to set myself a goal and do the Camino Ingles mainly i believe to find myself ... Here in the uk i have walked many a mile as it is lovely being at one with nature so have given myself a week ...luckily my flight is to Santiago de Compostella , so i have one or two questions ...... I have a credential dated last year as i was going then but one reason or other had to cancel so i wanted to know if that is still valid or would i need a new one ? Also any tips please ...many thanks Terry

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Terry,
I have no tips as I will also be a novice, along with my sister, leaving Ferrol on the 27th of August, but staying at the Kensington Hotel that night, so hope to meet you on the Way.
Cheers,
Patricia

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Ours were dated for August 2013 'start Oviedo' but we had no problems. We replaced Oviedo with this year's start 'Ribadeo and Ferrol' and worked to get our 2 stamps per day from Ferrol. Have you downloaded Johnnie's guide? Plenty of help there and also here on the forum.
One tip, if you have the time, is to break the first day at Neda rather than trying to go right through to Pontedeume.
Buen Camino

Hi Terry,
I have no tips as I will also be a novice, along with my sister, leaving Ferrol on the 27th of August, but staying at the Kensington Hotel that night, so hope to meet you on the Way.
Cheers,
Patricia
Patricia ... Thank you for the message i land in Santiago at 9am then train to Ferrol be there for 12.30 then make my way to the alberque in Neda for the night and plan to get into santiago on Thursday 3rd or Friday 4th September ...is there any chance getting in touch with you ? Many thanks ...terry

I'm sure your Credential will be fine. Just get it stamped at the start of the trip and ask them to change the dates for you.
Thank you for that Annie. I get the tourist board in Ferrol to change the date ...all the best ...terry
Tips?
Read the forum.

Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If leaving Ferrol at mid-day I suggest that you make sure to carry some food as there is no bar once you leave Ferrol until you reach Narón. Plenty of bars in Ferrol to get a bocadillo to take with you, or otherwise walk across to the big supermarket on the outskirts of Ferrol (mentioned in Johnnie's guide) and stock up there. Also take water with you, we don't remember any fuentes along this part. There are some good places to sit and eat your sandwiches.

We walked round to the albergue in Neda from the Hotel Kensington, it is just across the bridge. Sello at the 'bus' which is a mobile catering unit parked at the albergue.
Buen Camino

Sorry I will miss you guys as I arrive SDC/Ferrol on 2nd September. Why not do it the easy way? The airport bus goes to the SDC bus station where a Monbus leaves for Ferrol. Saves traipsing across to the train station. It costs 10.35e. BTW are you sure about that train time?

09:15 10:35
12:15 13:33
13:30 14:50
16:10 17:30
18:00 19:20
19:30 20:48
20:30 21:50

We used the bus back up to Ferrol as only one train per day actually goes to Ferrol. The others go to Coruna and you change for Ferrol - to the single through train. The Coruna bus has to come back round the ría as far as we could tell, but times might be better than the Santiago-Ferrol bus. (The direct, via A9, bus times are 8.50 arr 10.35; 13.20 arr 14.50; 16.00 arr 17.30. Buy ticket from Monbus (Castromil) booth at Santiago bus station.) Al seems to have found some more buses than we did, maybe for summer, so it would be easier than we found it.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I checked the timetable today for departures on the 26th August as quotes by cardifflad. They are the same as the ones for my September arrival.

Allan thanks for info .. if i be arriving on the 28th at 9.05am from Gatwick and through arrival gate say within 30 minutes as i will have nothing in the hold could you give me an estimate time of the next bus out to Ferrol please ...many thanks terry

We used the bus back up to Ferrol as only one train per day actually goes to Ferrol. The others go to Coruna and you change for Ferrol - to the single through train. The Coruna bus has to come back round the ría as far as we could tell, but times might be better than the Santiago-Ferrol bus. (The direct, via A9, bus times are 8.50 arr 10.35; 13.20 arr 14.50; 16.00 arr 17.30. Buy ticket from Monbus (Castromil) booth at Santiago bus station.) Al seems to have found some more buses than we did, maybe for summer, so it would be easier than we found it.

Tia .. Thank you for all the info very nice of you ...i actually planned to do the pilgrimage over 7-8 days so first stop be Neda for the evening at the Allberque as i am not one to rush and finish in 4 days otherwise what the point in doing it .. i am happy to do between 10- 12 miles a day , take in all the views and stop at the villages and towns en route and make sure my camera is well used .. i was told have plenty of fruit and nuts while out apart from water ... one question is there a place en route which does a pilgrim menu in the evenings ? ...many thanks Terry

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Tia .. Thank you for all the info very nice of you ...i actually planned to do the pilgrimage over 7-8 days so first stop be Neda for the evening at the Allberque as i am not one to rush and finish in 4 days otherwise what the point in doing it .. i am happy to do between 10- 12 miles a day , take in all the views and stop at the villages and towns en route and make sure my camera is well used .. i was told have plenty of fruit and nuts while out apart from water ... one question is there a place en route which does a pilgrim menu in the evenings ? ...many thanks Terry
Hi Terry,I did Ingles 29/5-4th June this year
29th arrive FERROL stayed at Hotel el SUIZO
30th got Credential at tourist office opens 10.30am. Do get this years as it is different ,I think nicer than last year,it's only 3 euros,We walked to Neda, stopping at a cafe at the end of the industrial estate for a cheap lunch& drinks25 EUROS FOR 6 OF US. Stayed at Kensington ,3course menu superb,as all our menus were as cheap if not cheaper than onFrances last year & inc.wine and water
31st Neda- Pontedeume,stopped for drinks at Fene & lunch at motorway service station at Vilar de col,again drinks at Cabanas & again at Hotel Eumesa,they do food too.We didn't stay there as we couldn't get booked before we came,so got transported to CasaMiralles ,where we stayed& had superb food again at Pilgrim prices
1st June transported back to Pontedeume,at Mino had lunch& drinks at a cafe.,& at Cafe NAVEDO[WHICH WAS OPEN ]for drinks.Stayed at Hotel Garelos, Betanzos ,
they don't do dinner,but loads eateries in centre
2nd June Betanzos-Meson do Vento [outside Hspital de Bruma],make sure you carry lots water& snacks as there is nothing til you get to Presedo, where the newly openedMeson Museo Xente No Camino is a VERY WELCOME oasis. Casa Bar Julia may not be open but if you stop for a rest there & she is at home she will open to serve drinks.Then on to Bruma ,I FOUND THIS DAY EASIER THAN i THOUGHT, BUT TOOK IT REALLY EASY& HAD PLENTY STOPS,Iam over 65. Stayed at Meson Novo Dinner tapas ,plnty to eat,water,wine,beer cheap.
3rd June Bruma-Siqueiro.Had drinks at Bar Novo,but Cafe Bar Cruceiro where we'd hoped to lunch was shut,so just had our emergency rations& on to Siqueiro where we had drinks& SNACKS, PLENTY CHEAP EATERIES.WE were staying at San Vicente 4.8 kms away,we realisedafter we could have walked it ,but had arranged to be picked up here and dropped back again tomorrow.Lovely cheap meal at hotel.
4th June Siqueiro -Santiago a really easy day.
So no bother getting evening meals.We did use John Walkers book & found his distances slightly longer on 1st 2 days ,but 2 kms shorter on Betanzos- bruma.Iam only moderately fit for my age,and managed easily .Buen C amino

Hi Terry,I did Ingles 29/5-4th June this year
29th arrive FERROL stayed at Hotel el SUIZO
30th got Credential at tourist office opens 10.30am. Do get this years as it is different ,I think nicer than last year,it's only 3 euros,We walked to Neda, stopping at a cafe at the end of the industrial estate for a cheap lunch& drinks25 EUROS FOR 6 OF US. Stayed at Kensington ,3course menu superb,as all our menus were as cheap if not cheaper than onFrances last year & inc.wine and water
31st Neda- Pontedeume,stopped for drinks at Fene & lunch at motorway service station at Vilar de col,again drinks at Cabanas & again at Hotel Eumesa,they do food too.We didn't stay there as we couldn't get booked before we came,so got transported to CasaMiralles ,where we stayed& had superb food again at Pilgrim prices
1st June transported back to Pontedeume,at Mino had lunch& drinks at a cafe.,& at Cafe NAVEDO[WHICH WAS OPEN ]for drinks.Stayed at Hotel Garelos, Betanzos ,
they don't do dinner,but loads eateries in centre
2nd June Betanzos-Meson do Vento [outside Hspital de Bruma],make sure you carry lots water& snacks as there is nothing til you get to Presedo, where the newly openedMeson Museo Xente No Camino is a VERY WELCOME oasis. Casa Bar Julia may not be open but if you stop for a rest there & she is at home she will open to serve drinks.Then on to Bruma ,I FOUND THIS DAY EASIER THAN i THOUGHT, BUT TOOK IT REALLY EASY& HAD PLENTY STOPS,Iam over 65. Stayed at Meson Novo Dinner tapas ,plnty to eat,water,wine,beer cheap.
3rd June Bruma-Siqueiro.Had drinks at Bar Novo,but Cafe Bar Cruceiro where we'd hoped to lunch was shut,so just had our emergency rations& on to Siqueiro where we had drinks& SNACKS, PLENTY CHEAP EATERIES.WE were staying at San Vicente 4.8 kms away,we realisedafter we could have walked it ,but had arranged to be picked up here and dropped back again tomorrow.Lovely cheap meal at hotel.
4th June Siqueiro -Santiago a really easy day.
So no bother getting evening meals.We did use John Walkers book & found his distances slightly longer on 1st 2 days ,but 2 kms shorter on Betanzos- bruma.Iam only moderately fit for my age,and managed easily .Buen C amino

THERESA .. Thank you for answering my question with a day to day account ...i be on my own as i could not find anyone to come with me but i am sure to meet up with other pilgrims en route . I will copy down the details closer to the time but have one question to ask .. Are the pilgrim menus advertised in English in the windows or do you have to go in and hope for the best ...many thanks Terry

THERESA .. Thank you for answering my question with a day to day account ...i be on my own as i could not find anyone to come with me but i am sure to meet up with other pilgrims en route . I will copy down the details closer to the time but have one question to ask .. Are the pilgrim menus advertised in English in the windows or do you have to go in and hope for the best ...many thanks Terry
Hi Terry,I speak no SPANISH ALTHOUGH 2 OF OURGROUP DID,but most restarants had menus with prices inside and the waiters could do an English translation,afew did have pictorial displays outside,dn't worry you'll manage fine

Hi Terry,I speak no SPANISH ALTHOUGH 2 OF OURGROUP DID,but most restarants had menus with prices inside and the waiters could do an English translation,afew did have pictorial displays outside,dn't worry you'll manage fine

Thank you for that Theresa so kind of you to have got in touch ...i know some have told me to take a sleeping bag but knowing it can be hot and stuffy at night i decided just to take my duvet cover and get inside that ...have a good evening and take good care .

HI Terry,

If you're particular about saving some money with lodging, the all public albergues are nice. It cost between 5-6 euros. I stayed in public albergue during my walk except in Siguero and SDC. My top to bottom - Betanzos, Hospital de Bruma, Neda, Pontedeume, and Presedo.

Good luck!

Allan thanks for info .. if i be arriving on the 28th at 9.05am from Gatwick and through arrival gate say within 30 minutes as i will have nothing in the hold could you give me an estimate time of the next bus out to Ferrol please ...many thanks terry
The airport bus runs every 30 minutes and takes 30/40 minutes depending on traffic, the bus station being it's first city centre stop. So say you catch the 10:00 (comfortably) you will be able to also comfortably get the 12:15 to Ferrol arriving at 13:33. (You have the 13:30 arriving 14:50 as a back up). The 13K to Neda will not be too strenuous and the safety margins should keep you from stressing before you start.
I will be behind you. I am getting to Ferrol the evening of the 2nd September and will not be in SDC until the 7th. Will you still be around then?

Hola Terry,
We found it best to eat at lunchtime - menu del día - and then have raciones or our own bread and cheese/salami etc in the evening as evening meals were served too late for us. Lunch is served between 13.00 and 15.00 (or later) in most places so this was fairly easy to do. We carried enough bread and either salami or a tin of sardines as 'emergency rations', or for a mid morning snack and plenty of water. The places below are where we stopped for drinks or food. There are others in the guide, but some close on Sundays, others take their day off mid-week.

From our experience I would suggest the following:-
Ferrol, get something before you leave town, or carry food. No bars until you reach Narón. Hotel Kensington does raciones at almost anytime. The mobile food van is at the albergue in the afternoon until early evening. Not sure what time it arrives in the morning (ie breakfast) as we were in the Kensington.
Neda, Cafe bar Camino Inglés, very pilgrim friendly, about 2 or 3kms from albergue.
Good pastelería in Fene, where you cross the main road.
Cabañas - little supermarket near the roundabout after the beach - open Saturday pm. Beach cafes good, especially the second one along as you reach the beach (opposite Hotel Iberia)
Miño, take right hand fork out of plaza, or turn right at top of left hand fork. Restaurants on right for meals. Also if following camino direct across main road there is a supermarket and a bakery. A few other small cafes as you leave Miño for drinks/cake. Along the way - bars near Ponte de Porco, then later Cafe-bar Navedo which is closed Tuesdays for their day off.
Betanzos, places mainly in the main plaza.
New place to eat in Presedo, very good lunchtime meal. Also does breakfasts etc.
Bar Julia is open until about 15.30/15.45 but will happily serve you a drink while you phone and wait for Don Antonio. Carry enough with you in case the bar is closed.
Carry plenty of food and water for rest of the walk to Meson do Vento.
Food at Meson Novo and also in the village (La Ruta etc)
Calle de Poulo - Bar Cruceiro is closed on Mondays for day off.
About 4 to 5kms after Sigueiro there is a sign to the right to the cafe A Fontiña, then nothing until Santiago itself.

Most of this is in the guide books, apart from the days off for the cafes, so it would be best to download Johnnie's guide and check the latest route/cafes/accomodation suggestions from there.
Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The airport bus runs every 30 minutes and takes 30/40 minutes depending on traffic, the bus station being it's first city centre stop. So say you catch the 10:00 (comfortably) you will be able to also comfortably get the 12:15 to Ferrol arriving at 13:33. (You have the 13:30 arriving 14:50 as a back up). The 13K to Neda will not be too strenuous and the safety margins should keep you from stressing before you start.
I will be behind you. I am getting to Ferrol the evening of the 2nd September and will not be in SDC until the 7th. Will you still be around then?

Allan thanks for the info i shall write it all down as every little helps .. to be honest i am not the type of person to get stressed infact i take each day as i find it and as you know from the quote live everyday as it was your last so this is something i wanted to do for sometime now and plan to enjoy every moment ..I should be in Neda for about 6pm then if all goes to plan then take it from there if the alberque has room at that time ...I am leaving SDC on Tuesday 8th with a flight back in the evening so all together i have 3 or 4 days in SDC .

HI Terry,

If you're particular about saving some money with lodging, the all public albergues are nice. It cost between 5-6 euros. I stayed in public albergue during my walk except in Siguero and SDC. My top to bottom - Betanzos, Hospital de Bruma, Neda, Pontedeume, and Presedo.

Good luck!

Dennis ... Thank you for all the info , I understand staying in the Albergues they have a very good atmosphere so this is what i was looking for to be able to mingle with others from around the globe so yes i will stay in them as much as i can .. many thanks ..terry

Hola Terry,
We found it best to eat at lunchtime - menu del día - and then have raciones or our own bread and cheese/salami etc in the evening as evening meals were served too late for us. Lunch is served between 13.00 and 15.00 (or later) in most places so this was fairly easy to do. We carried enough bread and either salami or a tin of sardines as 'emergency rations', or for a mid morning snack and plenty of water. The places below are where we stopped for drinks or food. There are others in the guide, but some close on Sundays, others take their day off mid-week.

From our experience I would suggest the following:-
Ferrol, get something before you leave town, or carry food. No bars until you reach Narón. Hotel Kensington does raciness at almost anytime. The mobile food van is at the albergue in the afternoon until early evening. Not sure what time it arrives in the morning (ie breakfast) as we were in the Kensington.
Neda, Cafe bar Camino Inglés, very pilgrim friendly, about 2 or 3kms from albergue.
Good pastelería in Fene, where you cross the main road.
Cabañas - little supermarket near the roundabout after the beach - open Saturday pm. Beach cafes good, especially the second one along as you reach the beach (opposite Hotel Iberia)
Miño, take right hand fork out of plaza, or turn right at top of left hand fork. Restaurants on right for meals. Also if following camino direct across main road there is a supermarket and a bakery. A few other small cafes as you leave Miño for drinks/cake. Along the way - bars near Ponte de Porco, then later Cafe-bar Navedo which is closed Tuesdays for their day off.
Betanzos, places mainly in the main plaza.
New place to eat in Presedo, very good lunchtime meal. Also does breakfasts etc.
Bar Julia is open until about 15.30/15.45 but will happily serve you a drink while you phone and wait for Don Antonio. Carry enough with you in case the bar is closed.
Carry plenty of food and water for rest of the walk to Meson do Vento.
Food at Meson Novo and also in the village (La Ruta etc)
Calle de Poulo - Bar Cruceiro is closed on Mondays for day off.
About 4 to 5kms after Sigueiro there is a sign to the right to the cafe A Fontiña, then nothing until Santiago itself.

Most of this is in the guide books, apart from the days off for the cafes, so it would be best to download Johnnie's guide and check the latest route/cafes/accomodation suggestions from there.
Buen Camino

Evening Tia .. Thank you once more for more information which i have found valuable like the info i have received from everyone else ... I am going because i just feel i am being led their to find my real self ..I plan to start of with 2 litres of water and fruit be a must with all the vitamins and i like the idea of a crusty loaf and sardines .. I expect it be hot during say late morning and onwards so would you advise me to start early and finish early to avoid the hottest time of the day ... Many thanks Terry

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Sorry Terry I thought you said you were starting 28th of August not the 8th of September. I just checked the times for your date and can confirm they are the same. Start times? Well everyone is different. Often what time you start depends on the noise and activity around you and what time it happens. I personally am usually last (or one of the last) out between 7 and 8. But I walk quite quickly at around a 5k average. I aim to finish at 1 or so. On the Ingles at the same time of year I had mixed weather but the days into and from Bruma were hot. Especially the part on the exposed path going through the forest going into Segueiro! Take plenty of water for that one!!!

Sorry Terry I thought you said you were starting 28th of August not the 8th of September. I just checked the times for your date and can confirm they are the same. Start times? Well everyone is different. Often what time you start depends on the noise and activity around you and what time it happens. I personally am usually last (or one of the last) out between 7 and 8. But I walk quite quickly at around a 5k average. I aim to finish at 1 or so. On the Ingles at the same time of year I had mixed weather but the days into and from Bruma were hot. Especially the part on the exposed path going through the forest going into Segueiro! Take plenty of water for that one!!!

Al .... I am arriving on the 28th August AT 09.05 and my flight back to the uk is 21.15 on the 8th September giving me 3 to 4 days in SDC pending what pace i set myself as i tend to stop alot on my walks to take photos and admire the views and go into the villages and towns en route rather than make a dash to my destination so my target will be about a 10 mile hike per day and if i start no later than 7am i should have finished by mid day avoiding the afternoon heat and like true brits i bring a flask and make a cuppa during one of my many breaks .
Enjoy your weekend ...Terry

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hola Terry,
Yes I would suggest making a fairly early start (7.00/8.00) so that you can reach your destination around 13.00/14.00, have a meal and then have a siesta; washing; local exploration etc. after about 17.00. That gives you a chance for breakfast before you leave, or just a little way along the route - so long as there is a bar open. Never pass a good bar (for cafe con leche of course -at least in the morning) . Seriously don't think 'I'll get breakfast/drink etc at the next one' it might be their day off. If they are all open you can always stop again. :)

Hola Terry,
Yes I would suggest making a fairly early start (7.00/8.00) so that you can reach your destination around 13.00/14.00, have a meal and then have a siesta; washing; local exploration etc. after about 17.00. That gives you a chance for breakfast before you leave, or just a little way along the route - so long as there is a bar open. Never pass a good bar (for cafe con leche of course -at least in the morning) . Seriously don't think 'I'll get breakfast/drink etc at the next one' it might be their day off. If they are all open you can always stop again. :)

Hola Tia ...

Thank you for more info , whenever i gone for a sleepover while hiking i was always up at the crack of dawn , make a cuppa then set off ...i can always ask the staff at the albergue where the nearest cafe is if there is one close by , but i expect to have some fruit to keep me going till i find a place .

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Now then bachgen o'.r caerdidd. I dont know what info the others have given you. But as a welshman now 70 who has done the Ingles twice in four days and in five I can help with anything not covered. All depends if you are fit , have trained and how long you want to take as well as how rich you are. The albergues are very good and they are cheap only a little more in sigueiro at albergue del Dellia but you get supplies for breakfast and wonderful treatment. I agree with allan about the bus it is probably better. Key things are your expected stage lengths remembering that it is a very up and down walk in some stages. If you need anything just ask
Hwyl

My English to Spanish apps on my phone were invaluable to me in communicating and (re)learning the language (not practiced much since my high school days), even though sometimes the Galego didn't translate well.

I also second stopping at Cafe Bar Navedo for lunch or just an iced tea (té con hielo), which is on the Camino just before the bridge on the outskirts of Mino, in Ponte du Porto. The people are very nice and the food plentiful and good. Be prepared for a bit of an uphill walk.

Mino also had a great paneria that sold the most amazing gluten free bread. For me, being Celiac, that was such a lovely discovery. I found the way-markings difficult to find in Mino, but the woman in the tiny little trailery tourist office in town there was very helpful and spoke very good English.

Bar Julia will undoubtedly be open this time of year. I stopped there, took note of the taxi service number, and kept walking. It wasn't nearly as bad as my mind had imagined. Altough, I did repeat the phrase "AFH" (i.e., another effing hill) in my mind many times over.

I was surprised to find it much easier and more pleasant than the endless flat terrain into Siguero, which was my most painful and difficult day of my entire trip. I literally limped into town, well beyond tears, and found the Farmacia, and then limped to my Sigeuro Hostel, a nice little B&B in town. And Lucia, the there was incredibly helpful and kind, and the littel cafe there had the most amazing potato tortilla.

Also, do stop at Meson-Museo Xente No Camino in Abegando, before Bar Julia...really great hosts, great food. And a very pleasant walk before it.

Good luck to you and please post your experiences. I'd love to walk that way again someday. It was very peaceful and beautiful in the spring.

My English to Spanish apps on my phone were invaluable to me in communicating and (re)learning the language (not practiced much since my high school days), even though sometimes the Galego didn't translate well.

I also second stopping at Cafe Bar Navedo for lunch or just an iced tea (té con hielo), which is on the Camino just before the bridge on the outskirts of Mino, in Ponte du Porto. The people are very nice and the food plentiful and good. Be prepared for a bit of an uphill walk.

Mino also had a great paneria that sold the most amazing gluten free bread. For me, being Celiac, that was such a lovely discovery. I found the way-markings difficult to find in Mino, but the woman in the tiny little trailery tourist office in town there was very helpful and spoke very good English.

Bar Julia will undoubtedly be open this time of year. I stopped there, took note of the taxi service number, and kept walking. It wasn't nearly as bad as my mind had imagined. Altough, I did repeat the phrase "AFH" (i.e., another effing hill) in my mind many times over.

I was surprised to find it much easier and more pleasant than the endless flat terrain into Siguero, which was my most painful and difficult day of my entire trip. I literally limped into town, well beyond tears, and found the Farmacia, and then limped to my Sigeuro Hostel, a nice little B&B in town. And Lucia, the there was incredibly helpful and kind, and the littel cafe there had the most amazing potato tortilla.

Also, do stop at Meson-Museo Xente No Camino in Abegando, before Bar Julia...really great hosts, great food. And a very pleasant walk before it.

Good luck to you and please post your experiences. I'd love to walk that way again someday. It was very peaceful and beautiful in the spring.

, post: 334057, member: 47020"]My English to Spanish apps on my phone were invaluable to me in communicating and (re)learning the language (not practiced much since my high school days), even though sometimes the Galego didn't translate well.

Good luck to you and please post your experiences. I'd love to walk that way again someday. It was very peaceful and beautiful in the spring.[/QUOTE]

Anita ...

Thank you for all the information so kind of you to get back to me .. i am all set to get the overnight coach to Gatwick Airport as i have a flight to SDC at 06.00 next Friday .. i will certainly write down the points you raised but have one question ... What is the internet signal like on the phones and did you come across any internet cafes .. just that i may have to access it from my phone .. i am only going on my own as no one else wanted to come .. they do not know what they going to miss ... all photos i take i will put them on You Tube like the three walks i already have on there ..take care and thank you once more ...
Regards Terry

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I never once had a problem with my phone or Internet signal...not sure where you are from, but if you are form the US, highly recommend getting a month of international data/calling plan before you go. Many place where I stayed (mostly B&B's, case rurals, and a few hotels) mostly had Internet service, but sometimes the signal was better in the case than the room.

I also walked alone and never felt unsafe on the Ingles. Twice I felt a little uncomfortably alone and vulnerable, but those both times were on the way to Finisterre and Muxia. Everyone was exceptionally nice and welcoming, even if my Spanish was lacking, and I tried to communicate, they tried to understand and were very patient.

Buen Camino! Although, on the Ingles, I more often heard Buen Viaje (good travels).

I never once had a problem with my phone or Internet signal...not sure where you are from, but if you are form the US, highly recommend getting a month of international data/calling plan before you go. Many place where I stayed (mostly B&B's, case rurals, and a few hotels) mostly had Internet service, but sometimes the signal was better in the case than the room.

I also walked alone and never felt unsafe on the Ingles. Twice I felt a little uncomfortably alone and vulnerable, but those both times were on the way to Finisterre and Muxia. Everyone was exceptionally nice and welcoming, even if my Spanish was lacking, and I tried to communicate, they tried to understand and were very patient.

Buen Camino! Although, on the Ingles, I more often heard Buen Viaje (good travels).
Anita ...
I have a phone contract with a company here in the uk so get free calls , texts and internet data and they the only company i know where you can use your allowance up in any European country ..then again you have whatsapp with the first year free and after that it is only a dollar every year .
The advantage of walking by yourself is that you go at your own pace and stop when you want i do alot of walking here and normally sleep under the stars ...
I email the photos to you in meantime i am walking the length of the canal on Wednesday which is lovely ...
Anyway take care and keep smiling ...
Regards Terry

We did not see any internet cafes this year on the Inglés, most places we did find wi-fi was available if wanted. We can turn our phone to airplane mode, no phone signal and then turn wi-fi on. Just be sure that 'data' is disabled on the phone side and then enable it on wi-fi. There might be internet in Betanzos, the tourist office would know, but we used the wi-fi at the Garelos where we were staying.
Buen Camino.

(Edit:- not missed out in original post)

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We did see any internet cafes this year on the Inglés, most places we did find wi-fi was available if wanted. We can turn our phone to airplane mode, no phone signal and then turn wi-fi on. Just be sure that 'data' is disabled on the phone side and then enable it on wi-fi. There might be internet in Betanzos, the tourist office would know, but we used the wi-fi at the Garelos where we were staying.
Buen Camino.

Tia ... Thank you for the information ... you have given me an idea .. normally when i tend to go off for a nice walk and sleep under the stars like tomorrow walking the 30 mile canal from Birmingham to Worcester i tend to have my phone off to preserve the battery and keep it for use in the evening ...i may take with me my 7 inch tablet as it is more powerful than my phone and see if there is any free WIFI en route to SDC i know when i reach there where i am staying for the night will have free WIFI ,,anyway thank you for your help and have a nice day Tia

The first line of my post should have read 'We did not see....' I have corrected it.

The first line of my post should have read 'We did not see....' I have corrected it.
Tia .. thank you for that i do understand alot of cafes have free wifi so that come in handy if i take my tablet next week ...take care and have a nice evening .

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Tia ... Thank you for the information ... you have given me an idea .. normally when i tend to go off for a nice walk and sleep under the stars like tomorrow walking the 30 mile canal from Birmingham to Worcester i tend to have my phone off to preserve the battery and keep it for use in the evening ...i may take with me my 7 inch tablet as it is more powerful than my phone and see if there is any free WIFI en route to SDC i know when i reach there where i am staying for the night will have free WIFI ,,anyway thank you for your help and have a nice day Tia
In addition to Tia Valeria we everywhere found wifi spots .most of the time in hostals and restaurants/bars.
You allways can ask for it. (hay wifi ? Hay accesso wifi ?- tiene una clave wifi ?)
In the albergues we did not find wifi although I doubt about the one in Betanzos.
Upstairs there was a place with seats and can remember I read out my email on my iphone there. Just ask by entering !

Buen camino

In addition to Tia Valeria we everywhere found wifi spots .most of the time in hostals and restaurants/bars.
You allways can ask for it. (hay wifi ? Hay accesso wifi ?- tiene una clave wifi ?)
In the albergues we did not find wifi although I doubt about the one in Betanzos.
Upstairs there was a place with seats and can remember I read out my email on my iphone there. Just ask by entering !

Buen camino
Albert .. i only mentioned WIFI in the first place as a way of keeping in touch with the outside world as that what it be like for me in the 7 days i be doing the Camino .. so would the WIFI be free in the restaurants and bars otherwise i may need to get a Spanish micro sim card with the two hours i have in Santiago waiting for my bus to Ferrol..many thanks once more ...terry

Albert .. i only mentioned WIFI in the first place as a way of keeping in touch with the outside world as that what it be like for me in the 7 days i be doing the Camino .. so would the WIFI be free in the restaurants and bars otherwise i may need to get a Spanish micro sim card with the two hours i have in Santiago waiting for my bus to Ferrol..many thanks once more ...terry
We never paid for wifi on the camins we walked. So in bars,restaurants ,hostals and hotels it is free.the only thing can be that they provide protected wifi so you have to ask for the code to enter ( clave is the word for the code in Spanish)
There is need to buy a Spanish simcard for that reason.

I do not know what your schedule is .
We walked from Ferrol to Neda on the first day. We were with our car and caravan on a campingsite north of Ferrol and the campingowner brought us to Ferrol. The first wifispot we found was opposite the Neda albergue. We walked back where we came from over the bridge -forgot the name of the place- and walked as far as the mainstreet where in the church we got a nice stamp on our credential,had a very good paella in one of the restaurants and free wifi.

Next morning we walked on direction Pontedeume. Had breakfast in a bar and checked the mailbox. Later on , close to Pontedeume was a restaurant for a nice menu del dia and free wifi
In Pontedeume we stayed in the albergue and 40 meters before was a bar with free wifi and a nice breakfast in the morning.

We walked on to Miño where we stayed in the albergue. We walked back into the village, found a bar for a meal and free wifi.
Next morning another bar for breakfast and you guess. Free wifi

Walking into Betanzos we found the albergue and as I wrote I think there was wifi or I picked it up from neighbours around. Anyway next morning
we had breakfast in a bar and there was free wifi.

From Betanzos we walked to Bar Julia where Antonio from hostal O Meson Novo picked us up by car (I reserved on before hand) We stayed in his hostal. There was free wifi. Next morning he can take you back to Bar Julia where you walk up the steep hill to Hospital de Bruma. You can stay a second night in his place. Nice restaurant , nice parents of him who serve you a good meal and breakfast in the restaurant.

The day after we walked a bit off camino to Ordes were we stayed in hotel Nogalas in the center of Ordes. Free wifi, restaurant, menu del dia, breakfast and a 3 km detour to the waymarked path .

Next day to Siguëro . Restaurants and bars all over with meals and free wifi.
We stayed in hostal Miras but I think this doesnot exist anymore due to earlier posts here .anyway by then in 2014 there was free wifi too.
In Santiago we found free wifi everywhere.
Restaurant grand café Casino, just some steps from the pilgrimsoffice in the same street is a nice place to relax ,have a cool beer, some tapas and free wifi.

Enjoy your camino as we did.
Abraço
Albertinho

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We never paid for wifi on the camins we walked. So in bars,restaurants ,hostals and hotels it is free.the only thing can be that they provide protected wifi so you have to ask for the code to enter ( clave is the word for the code in Spanish)
There is need to buy a Spanish simcard for that reason.

I do not know what your schedule is .
We walked from Ferrol to Neda on the first day. We were with our car and caravan on a campingsite north of Ferrol and the campingowner brought us to Ferrol. The first wifispot we found was opposite the Neda albergue. We walked back where we came from over the bridge -forgot the name of the place- and walked as far as the mainstreet where in the church we got a nice stamp on our credential,had a very good paella in one of the restaurants and free wifi.

Next morning we walked on direction Pontedeume. Had breakfast in a bar and checked the mailbox. Later on , close to Pontedeume was a restaurant for a nice menu del dia and free wifi
In Pontedeume we stayed in the albergue and 40 meters before was a bar with free wifi and a nice breakfast in the morning.

We walked on to Miño where we stayed in the albergue. We walked back into the village, found a bar for a meal and free wifi.
Next morning another bar for breakfast and you guess. Free wifi

Walking into Betanzos we found the albergue and as I wrote I think there was wifi or I picked it up from neighbours around. Anyway next morning
we had breakfast in a bar and there was free wifi.

From Betanzos we walked to Bar Julia where Antonio from hostal O Meson Novo picked us up by car (I reserved on before hand) We stayed in his hostal. There was free wifi. Next morning he can take you back to Bar Julia where you walk up the steep hill to Hospital de Bruma. You can stay a second night in his place. Nice restaurant , nice parents of him who serve you a good meal and breakfast in the restaurant.

The day after we walked a bit off camino to Ordes were we stayed in hotel Nogalas in the center of Ordes. Free wifi, restaurant, menu del dia, breakfast and a 3 km detour to the waymarked path .

Next day to Siguëro . Restaurants and bars all over with meals and free wifi.
We stayed in hostal Miras but I think this doesnot exist anymore due to earlier posts here .anyway by then in 2014 there was free wifi too.
In Santiago we found free wifi everywhere.
Restaurant grand café Casino, just some steps from the pilgrimsoffice in the same street is a nice place to relax ,have a cool beer, some tapas and free wifi.

Enjoy your camino as we did.
Abraço
Albertinho
Thank you for all he information so kind of you like everyone else who has been helpful ..
My schedule is that i arrive from uk next Friday 28th at 09.00 i leave my backpack in left luggage for a couple of hours so i can look around before i get the bus to Ferrol , so i be starting off at about 13.30 from Ferrol and staying in Neda first night .. next day i head for Pontedeume ,third evening in Mino , fourth in Betnzos , fifth night in Presedo, sixth in Burma , and seventh night in Sigeiro before arriving in SDC around 13.00 on the Friday and then staying in Hotel Mexco PR So as everywhere has free WIFI that means i do not need to get a sim card in Spain ... now s i do not speak Spanish , is there a symbol or a notice in the windows of bars etc stating they have free WIFI ?
Many thanks
Terry

Usually there is a notice over the bar, but if you cannot see one ask if they have 'wee-fee' when you order your drink/food. If there is a key then they will often write it down for you. We took care to destroy the paper afterwards so that it does remain secure and private. If you have no Spanish then maybe write down the phrases
Hay wi-fi por favor? Hay clave?
Our stages were similar to @Albertinho 's although this year we used private accomodation, some of which had wi-fi in the bedrooms and others in the public areas.
If you are passing through the bus station as you arrive you can buy your ticket for the bus to secure your seat (Monbus/Castromil) at the ticket booth. They don't sell tickets for this route on the bus.
Buen Camino

Last edited:
Usually there is a notice over the bar, but if you cannot see one ask if the have 'wee-fee' when you order your drink/food. If there is a key then they will often wtite it down for you. We took care to destroy the paper afterwards so that it does remain secure and private. If yo have no Spanish then maybe write down the phrases
Hay wi-fi por favor? Hay clave?
Our stages were similar to @Albertinho 's although this year we used private accomodation, some of which had wi-fi in the bedrooms and others in the public areas.
If you are passing through the bus station as you arrive you can buy your ticket for the bus to secure your seat (Monbus/Castromil) at the ticket booth. They don't sell tickets for this route on the bus.
Buen Camino

I do intend to get my ticket as soon as i get to the bus station then have a look round and maybe get some breakfast ... i already brought my return airport ticket and printed that off .

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I do intend to get my ticket as soon as i get to the bus station then have a look round and maybe get some breakfast ... i already brought my return airport ticket and printed that off .
Oh yes and I forgot almost to tell you because Tia reminds me.
When you take the bus to Ferrol you are obliged to put your backpack in the luggage compartment underneath in the bus.
The driver opens huge doors .after placing your luggage you will enter the bus Everybody can take your luggage out of the bus while it will be unattended.
There were backpacks stolen in the past as I read on this forum.While my wife stayed in the bus I kept an eye on the luggage waiting outside.
Last time May it was quite chaotic when we traveled from Santiago to Porto in Portugal with ALSA bus. Everybody tried to get in the bus while nobody attended the luggage compartments.better be warned on before hand .
I do not like this system.
The bus from Ferrol to Valdoviño where our car and caravan were on the campingsite stopped everywhere. Women with prams, bags full of groceries etc placed everything underneath in the bus.. Next stop they went out, luggagecompartiments open again. We could not attend our belongings..
So anyway keep your valuables with you in the bus.
Buen caminho

The busstation by the way is a twenty minutes walk from the Santiago town center.

In Ferrol it is a five minutes walk to the center.

We push our packs as far in towards the centre as possible as no-one is likely to virtually climb into the hold to get a bag out. If you are on the 11.00am bus its only stop is briefly in Pontedeume so it is less of a worry anyway. We had a small bag with camera, jacket and our documents always with us, it was just the big bags/packs which had to go in the hold.
The 11.00am bus comes in from Vigo so it only stops for a short time in Santiago too and you have to watch out for which actual bay it pulls into (for us it was the one just at the bottom of the stairs) - just call out 'Ferrol' to the drivers as the buses come in if you are not sure, we did. Much easier than it sounds, but we had expected it to start in Santiago and be there waiting. Buses at other times may be do.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you for all he information so kind of you like everyone else who has been helpful ..
My schedule is that i arrive from uk next Friday 28th at 09.00 i leave my backpack in left luggage for a couple of hours so i can look around before i get the bus to Ferrol , so i be starting off at about 13.30 from Ferrol and staying in Neda first night .. next day i head for Pontedeume ,third evening in Mino , fourth in Betnzos , fifth night in Presedo, sixth in Burma , and seventh night in Sigeiro before arriving in SDC around 13.00 on the Friday and then staying in Hotel Mexco PR So as everywhere has free WIFI that means i do not need to get a sim card in Spain ... now s i do not speak Spanish , is there a symbol or a notice in the windows of bars etc stating they have free WIFI ?
Many thanks
Terry
You allways can ask in a bar, restaurant or whatever " hay wifi aquí ?" Or just asks "wifi ?" I think in the meantime it has been a well accepted word in the entire world.
If a password is needed I think the barman comes with it.

There is a mainstreet in Ferrol leading to he harbour where is the startingpoint of the camino Inglès.
Some blocks before in a sidestreet at the right side there is the tourist information where you can get a nice stamp on your credential and some other useful information.

Oficina de Turismo de Ferrol , Rúa Magdalena, 12, 15402 Ferrol, A Coruña, A Coruña, Spain
+34 981 33 71 31

Last edited:
You allways can ask in a bar, restaurant or whatever " hay wifi aquí ?" Or just asks "wifi ?" I think in the meantime it has been a well accepted word in the entire world.
If a password is needed I think the barman comes with it.

There is a mainstreet in Ferrol leading to he harbour where is the startingpoint of the camino Inglès.
Some blocks before in a sidestreet at the right side there is the tourist information where you can get a nice stamp on your credential and some other useful information.

Oficina de Turismo de Ferrol , Rúa Magdalena, 12, 15402 Ferrol, A Coruña, A Coruña, Spain
+34 981 33 71 31

Thank you for that .. i see from google maps that the tourist information centre is very close to the bus station so i have about 20-25 minutes to get there before they close for the afternoon ...
I only have one more final question to ask is ....can i print of a street map of the central area of Ferrol ? many thanks
Terry

As I remember if you come out of the bus station and walk downhill you will come to one corner of the Plaza where the information office is. It doesn't have much to identify it but is the only building actually in the plaza, the others are round it. They may give you a map of Ferrol or directions to the harbour. The office at the harbour is not always open and is further away so worth trying the plaza first, then go to the other for another stamp too. If they are closed and you want a stamp from the harbour area then there are several bars, we got ours in the cafe-bar Marte.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We push our packs as far in towards the centre as possible as no-one is likely to virtually climb into the hold to get a bag out. If you are on the 11.00am bus its only stop is briefly in Pontedeume so it is less of a worry anyway. We had a small bag with camera, jacket and our documents always with us, it was just the big bags/packs which had to go in the hold.
The 11.00am bus comes in from Vigo so it only stops for a short time in Santiago too and you have to watch out for which actual bay it pulls into (for us it was the one just at the bottom of the stairs) - just call out 'Ferrol' to the drivers as the buses come in if you are not sure, we did. Much easier than it sounds, but we had expected it to start in Santiago and be there waiting. Buses at other times may be do.

Tia .. i have two hours in Santiago before my bus up to Ferrol so will keep a close eye on it
Best is to go to the tourist office down at the port not the one in the town center. Get you credential there or you first stamp. Just across from the tourist office is the first way mark. You start our Camino from there.

Ondo Ibili !
Thank you for that , so you suggest best route is to follow the Rue Magdalena all the way down o the port ?

Best is to go to the tourist office down at the port not the one in the town center. Get you credential there or you first stamp. Just across from the tourist office is the first way mark. You start our Camino from there.

Ondo Ibili !
If..it is open ! Not allways as we found out.

Tia .. i have two hours in Santiago before my bus up to Ferrol so will keep a close eye on it when i go to the station as if not careful i see myself losing a day but i be fine .. just hope weather is better than what is here .. i taken your advice to put my backback as far in as i can and keep valuables with me .. As always thank you for your imput so nice of you .

Tia .. i have two hours in Santiago before my bus up to Ferrol so will keep a close eye on it

Thank you for that , so you suggest best route is to follow the Rue Magdalena all the way down o the port ?
Allmost. One street next to Magdelena is the one with the way markers
The Turist information in Magdalena supplies a city map

At the harbour is a kind of small monument as the beginning of the camino Inglès
In front is a bar for a drink Just before you set off.

Tourist Office Ferrol- Puerto Curuxeiras

July to 15 Sept. - 10am to 1:30 pm and 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm. 7 days a week

15 Sept. to end of Dec. - 10:30 am to 2pm and 4pm to 6:30 pm. Sat. and Sun.

Thank you for that but as i don't arrive till 13.30 think i go to the tourist office in Rue Magdelena as i understand that is open till 14.00

Tourist Office Ferrol- Puerto Curuxeiras

July to 15 Sept. - 10am to 1:30 pm and 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm. 7 days a week

15 Sept. to end of Dec. - 10:30 am to 2pm and 4pm to 6:30 pm. Sat. and Sun.
Okay. We started the 8th of May last year. That was the reason :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Allmost. One street next to Magdelena is the one with the way markers
The Turist information in Magdalena supplies a city map

At the harbour is a kind of small monument as the beginning of the camino Inglès
In front is a bar for a drink Just before you set off.

I did send off for Johnnies guide book but never realised i had to print it off that was the ast thing i had to do

I did send off for Johnnies guide book but never realised i had to print it off that was the ast thing i had to do
I ordered it, printed out and they sent it to me from CSJ in Cambridge I thought.
We hardly used it during our camino. It is very well way marked. You hardly can't get lost.

I can't remember any problems. The waymarking is excellent. Only in Ferrol it was a bit confusing due to roadworks but with the map we got from the Tourist Info we easily got out of town.
Furthermore just follow the way markers.

I can't remember any problems. The waymarking is excellent. Only in Ferrol it was a bit confusing due to roadworks but with the map we got from the Tourist Info we easily got out of town.
Furthermore just follow the way markers.
I only downloaded it to be on the safe side even though one has only got to just follow the waymark to the next one but being that i be doing it on my own i thought i would just have a copy ..

We carried the Ferrol section of Johnnie's guide, left the Coruna section at home and also removed the cover to save weight. If you are printing it yourself then you can selsect the Ferrol section and save paper and ink :). The directions are great in addition to the waymarks and the suggestions for accomodation too if you need them. There is one section where Johnnie gives explicit directions to ignore a right turn and KSO as the route had changed!

Note that if you do need private accomodation in Betanzos the Palacete Betanzos/San Roque was closed down - the tourist office would know if it has been re-opened. The other suggestions were OK in May this year, plus the Hotel Garelos which was said to be going to open a hostal/private albergue too. (There was a surge when we were through so not many bed spaces)
Buen Camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Oh yes and I forgot almost to tell you because Tia reminds me.
When you take the bus to Ferrol you are obliged to put your backpack in the luggage compartment underneath in the bus.
The driver opens huge doors .after placing your luggage you will enter the bus Everybody can take your luggage out of the bus while it will be unattended.
There were backpacks stolen in the past as I read on this forum.While my wife stayed in the bus I kept an eye on the luggage waiting outside.
Last time May it was quite chaotic when we traveled from Santiago to Porto in Portugal with ALSA bus. Everybody tried to get in the bus while nobody attended the luggage compartments.better be warned on before hand .
I do not like this system.
The bus from Ferrol to Valdoviño where our car and caravan were on the campingsite stopped everywhere. Women with prams, bags full of groceries etc placed everything underneath in the bus.. Next stop they went out, luggagecompartiments open again. We could not attend our belongings..
So anyway keep your valuables with you in the bus.
Buen caminho

I kept my backpack with me on the bus. No problems.

The Wise Pilgrim Guides apps were invaluable to me--they are supposedly based on the officla tourist info provided by the tourist offices. They showing the route, described in detail, show distances, explain routes, know what services are avaialbe along the way, an even sleeping accommodations. Well worth the few $$. I have the Ingles and Finisterre apps on my phone.

I kept my backpack with me on the bus. No problems.
Not every busdriver allows you to take your backpack with you into the bus, specially not when it is busy on the bus and every seat is needed.
I was refused twice to take our packs into the bus, recently on the bus from Santiago to Porto in Portugal and last year on the bus from Santiago to Ferrol.

Just to let everyone know I have made it to Sigueirosafely two days ahead of schedule ..my phone unable to connect to send text messages or make phone calls even though my phone contractor said I could . so use my phone to connect whatsapp whenever in cafe and use my tablet for anything else ..The albergue here is lovely it is in Rua Campo and run by José ....I st of for Santiago tomorrow and have aprivate room at the albergue waiting for two nights then book into hotel which already been paid for seems I am two days early ...worse part of the Camino is from cafe Julia to Burma 3km of steep climbing also day one last Friday no good as no one understood English but last four days have had 2 spanish speaking pilgrims leading me ..best albergue so far be Neda with that lovely view and the burger van which came by ... Will be in touchwhen I get back ..once more thank you to everyone for

I am now safely in SDC after six days in the mountain now staying in an albergue till Friday ..anyone in town give me a buzz... Best albergue is in Neda, worst day Monday between betanzos and Burma with the 3km steep climb just afterbar julia especially in the rain .. I miss the Camino already ...
I have a private room here as I wanted some peace and quiet lol but it is very strange ..well I better have off my beard which I grew and see what town has to offer me ....... Take care everyone byeeeee

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I mentioned to you earlier that you'll enjoy and love it!
I flew back from SDC last night at 21.15 to London Gatwick which took 1.45 hours then a 5 hour coach trip to get me home to Cardiff by 4.50am ..no blisters from the walking boots i was wearing for the first time ...had a lovely few hours in Finisteera on Monday ..have some photos will post them on YOU TUBE in the next couple of days .. planning to go back in the spring now but will fly to La Coruna instead ..Met Johnie Walker at the 10.30 English mass .. Anyone doing the Ingles in the spring let me know ... Thank you once more for all your help..now i better go and learn my Spanish for next time .. take care all

Maybe small backpack ? We own the big 50 litres Osprey packs. Where not allowed on the busses due they took a separate seat.

Maybe small backpack ? We own the big 50 litres Osprey packs. Where not allowed on the busses due they took a separate seat.
I took 8kg not sure how many litres my back pack holds .. on airport bus and bus to Ferrol i kept it with me but to the airport it had to go into the hold so i kept looking out of the window whenever the coach stopped to make sure it was not being taken off as i went to the trouble washing and drying all my clothes at the hotel lol ..
Albert while staying at the Mexico hotel i came across a lovely Dutch Man who comes over every week in the van to pick up the bikes and takes then back so if you know him say hello from me ...many thanks

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I took 8kg not sure how many litres my back pack holds .. on airport bus and bus to Ferrol i kept it with me but to the airport it had to go into the hold so i kept looking out of the window whenever the coach stopped to make sure it was not being taken off as i went to the trouble washing and drying all my clothes at the hotel lol ..
Albert while staying at the Mexico hotel i came across a lovely Dutch Man who comes over every week in the van to pick up the bikes and takes then back so if you know him say hello from me ...many thanks
I 've heard of that man. He comes from the Eindhoven area in the south of the Netherlands.
Friends of us who were on the same airplane last May and biked at the same time as we walked to Santiago told about this guy. He shipped their bikes back to Holland.

I managed to find some time to set myself a goal and do the Camino Ingles mainly i believe to find myself ... Here in the uk i have walked many a mile as it is lovely being at one with nature so have given myself a week ...luckily my flight is to Santiago de Compostella , so i have one or two questions ...... I have a credential dated last year as i was going then but one reason or other had to cancel so i wanted to know if that is still valid or would i need a new one ? Also any tips please ...many thanks Terry
Hello everyone ... got the photos from the camino on you tube copy and paste ...
god bless you all ... oh by the way is there a list where i can find out if anyone is down to do the Camino Portuguese or Camino Ingles in the Spring

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back