• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Ingles

IngridF

Intrepid Peregrina
Time of past OR future Camino
2012, 2015 ,2017, 2019
After a 30 km walk l arrived a bit sore but happy. Back in Santiago for 2 nights..then off walking to Fisterra and Muxia.

I have left a note in he forum booklet at the cafe. I will show up tomorrow again, maybe someone will come by

Pm me if you are around. ingrid

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well done Ingrid, I hope that you enjoyed the Ingles. I am planning to walk it soon.
I did Nuala. ..be prepared for longer distances and carry water. There are not many fountains and some are dry. Budget for accommodation not in albergues...always good to have a choice. The Xuntas are different.
Bring good raincover. Loved my Altus Poncho. Walk with a stick...it helps on the multiple of inclines and some declines that can be slippery when wet. Bring a light source to help in the fog.
Always have a reservation for Santiago...l am amazed how booked up it is.

Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I did Nuala. ..be prepared for longer distances and carry water. There are not many fountains and some are dry. Budget for accommodation not in albergues...always good to have a choice. The Xuntas are different.
Bring good raincover. Loved my Altus Poncho. Walk with a stick...it helps on the multiple of inclines and some declines that can be slippery when wet. Bring a light source to help in the fog.
Always have a reservation for Santiago...l am amazed how booked up it is.

Buen Camino
Thank you Ingrid, it's really helpful to get such current advice about the potential issues. I haven't yet finalised my plans, but it looks as though I might be there in a couple of weeks' time (it's an easy jaunt from Ireland). It sounds as though I will need a poncho. :)

Were there many other pilgrims walking the Ingles while you were there?

Good luck with the next stages of your Camino. I wholeheartedly recommend Albergue do Mar in Fisterra, especially if you want a private room. Big rooms, spotlessly clean, with views of the beach.

Last edited:
Thank you Ingrid, it's really helpful to get such current advice about the potential issues. I haven't yet finalised my plans, but it looks as though I might be there in a couple of weeks' time (it's an easy jaunt from Ireland). It sounds as though I will need a poncho. :)

Were there many other pilgrims walking the Ingles while you were there?

Good luck with the next stages of your Camino. I wholeheartedly recommend Albergue do Mar in Fisterra, especially if you want a private room. Big rooms, spotlessly clean, with views of the beach.
Thanks for the hint for Fisterra. .it seems to be the choice to stay for many.

The C. Ingles has gradually become more popular. It is a great choice for a shorter Camino with the required 100+km for a compostela without joining the French way.

There were times l walked with others.,usually in the morning...but I walked slower than most so l did about 80% by myself.
I did not experience the usual bed race, there was always room at the albergue. I can imagine that probably at times it could be tricky, depending on the season.

Thanks for the hint for Fisterra. .it seems to be the choice to stay for many.

The C. Ingles has gradually become more popular. It is a great choice for a shorter Camino with the required 100+km for a compostela without joining the French way.

There were times l walked with others.,usually in the morning...but I walked slower than most so l did about 80% by myself.
I did not experience the usual bed race, there was always room at the albergue. I can imagine that probably at times it could be tricky, depending on the season.
Thank you Ingrid, I really appreciate your advice. I am looking forward to a quieter Camino this time, hence the appeal of the Ingles.
My plan is to walk from A Coruna to Muxia. I know that the route from A Coruna doesn't qualify for a compostela, but this isn't an issue for me. I have limited time and I want to do about 6 days of 'sea to sea' solo walking,

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there. I’m thinking of spending around five to seven days walking the Ingles, and would be interested in getting some input. I’ve walked the Portuges from Porto to Santiago, before continuing...
So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Howdy folks I am looking forward to doing the St. James Way in England and considering continuing on with the es Camino INGLES. Can anyone share suggestion or have experience with transportation...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.