• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alert Cops

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Saw this today and thought it might be a good tool for those pilgrims wanting to report incidents while on the Camino with this app. Android or iPhone.

This app is made my the Interior Ministry (Ministerio del Interior).
https://alertcops.ses.mir.es/mialertcops/

From their website:
alert-cops-home-alone.png

What is AlertCops?
AlertCops is a citizen security alert system of the State Law Enforcement Authorities (FFCCSE in Spanish)
The goal is to create a universal access to every public citizen security service, so any person, regardless their language, origin or auditory or vocal disability, can send to the State Law Enforcement Authorities (Police and Civil Guard) an alert about a crime or security incident whether they are victims or witnesses of such.

Once the registration process is completed and the access validated by a code that will be sent via SMS to the mobile phone number provided, the application will show a home screen with the following options, which may be selected by clicking the corresponding icon:

This service allows a citizen to send an alert from a mobile device 'smartphone' straight to the police bodies in a simple an intuitive manner, so they can be assisted quickly and efficiently.

AlertCops' benefits are:

• To offer a new communication channel between citizens and the FFCCSE, in addition to the already existing
  • To provide foreigners, visiting or living in our country, with a channel in their own language to access to the security emergency services
  • To improve the citizen response times and the information process
  • To speed up the information and response demand protocol, obtaining the support seeker's information from the very beginning, such as: location, type of incident or any other relevant information
  • To guarantee the accessibility to these services to people with communication disabilities.

Download here:

Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alertcops.app

iPhone/iPad:
https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/alertcops/id897454254?mt=8

How does it work?
Once the registration and validation process has been completed, the user will access the main menu. You will have to provide your main details again when the app is uninstalled or if you change your mobile device.

funcEng1.png

From the main menu, you can raise a new alert by choosing the icon which best describes the situation that is going to be informed. Then, you will be required to provide some additional information: where, who and when has happened the incident. Finally, it is requested to confirm the submission of the alert, which will be forwarded to law enforcement together with the registration data and geographical location. In addition to this, it is possible to raise a test alert from the main menu. This feature has been created to verify that the service is working properly. You can also request information via chat or call the nearest emergency dispatch center (Police or Civil Guard)

funcEng2.png

By pressing the CHATS icon , the sytem will display the ongoing alerts, their status, the messages that are linked to them, and the chat with the agent (if this has been the case). The chat feature can only be enabled from the emergency dispatch centre. Once the alert has been managed and closed, the chat will be disabled.

funcEng3.png

From the MAP feature, you can test and verify the location and accuracy level which is going to be shown by the mobile device

funcEng4.png

The MORE button gives you access to additional features such as the possibility of consulting and modifying your personal data, displaying the user guide, FAQs and legal conditions.

If you have any questions or incident with the service or with the use of the app, you may contact us by alertcops@interior.es

User name and password
Your identification is DNI, NIE or passport with letter. This information is only compulsory when you finish your registration and first access or when you remove the app. You can request a new password since access screen if you forget it. The new password is received by SMS. You can change the password in My Data option.

The application does not allow simulated locations
AlertCops checks your configuration to Android. You can handle this option in Settings – Developer Options

Incorrect access, do not receive SMS
When you do not receive the validation code, check the number of SIM cards you have with you mobile phone. The message is only received in the main card in the contract.

Incorrect mobile phone number in your registration
If you write an incorrect mobile phone number in your registration, you will run AlertCops. In the main screen, write you identification, password and your correct mobile phone number. After that, you get a new SMS with a new code to access. When you don’t remember your password and your mobile phone number is incorrect, please contact to alertcops@interior.es

Use AlertCops in several devices
Three devices can be associated with the same identification number and password. For example, you can give other devices with your user to a son, grandmother, etc. The association happen when you access in a new device using your identification number, password and the new mobile phone number. You can handle this information in the section My AlertCops

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Saw this today and thought it might be a good tool for those pilgrims wanting to report incidents while on the Camino with this app. Android or iPhone.

From their website:
View attachment 20721

What is AlertCops?
AlertCops is a citizen security alert system of the State Law Enforcement Authorities (FFCCSE in Spanish)
The goal is to create a universal access to every public citizen security service, so any person, regardless their language, origin or auditory or vocal disability, can send to the State Law Enforcement Authorities (Police and Civil Guard) an alert about a crime or security incident whether they are victims or witnesses of such.

Once the registration process is completed and the access validated by a code that will be sent via SMS to the mobile phone number provided, the application will show a home screen with the following options, which may be selected by clicking the corresponding icon:

This service allows a citizen to send an alert from a mobile device 'smartphone' straight to the police bodies in a simple an intuitive manner, so they can be assisted quickly and efficiently.

AlertCops' benefits are:

• To offer a new communication channel between citizens and the FFCCSE, in addition to the already existing
  • To provide foreigners, visiting or living in our country, with a channel in their own language to access to the security emergency services
  • To speed up the information and response demand protocol, obtaining the support seeker's information from the very beginning, such as: location, type of incident or any other relevant information
  • To guarantee the accessibility to these services to people with communication disabilities.

Download here:

Android:

iPhone/iPad:

How does it work?
Once the registration and validation process has been completed, the user will access the main menu. You will have to provide your main details again when the app is uninstalled or if you change your mobile device.

funcEng1.png

From the main menu, you can raise a new alert by choosing the icon which best describes the situation that is going to be informed. Then, you will be required to provide some additional information: where, who and when has happened the incident. Finally, it is requested to confirm the submission of the alert, which will be forwarded to law enforcement together with the registration data and geographical location. In addition to this, it is possible to raise a test alert from the main menu. This feature has been created to verify that the service is working properly. You can also request information via chat or call the nearest emergency dispatch center (Police or Civil Guard)

funcEng2.png

By pressing the CHATS icon , the sytem will display the ongoing alerts, their status, the messages that are linked to them, and the chat with the agent (if this has been the case). The chat feature can only be enabled from the emergency dispatch centre. Once the alert has been managed and closed, the chat will be disabled.

funcEng3.png

From the MAP feature, you can test and verify the location and accuracy level which is going to be shown by the mobile device

funcEng4.png

The MORE button gives you access to additional features such as the possibility of consulting and modifying your personal data, displaying the user guide, FAQs and legal conditions.

If you have any questions or incident with the service or with the use of the app, you may contact us by alertcops@interior.es

User name and password
Your identification is DNI, NIE or passport with letter. This information is only compulsory when you finish your registration and first access or when you remove the app. You can request a new password since access screen if you forget it. The new password is received by SMS. You can change the password in My Data option.

AlertCops checks your configuration to Android. You can handle this option in Settings – Developer Options

When you do not receive the validation code, check the number of SIM cards you have with you mobile phone. The message is only received in the main card in the contract.

If you write an incorrect mobile phone number in your registration, you will run AlertCops. In the main screen, write you identification, password and your correct mobile phone number. After that, you get a new SMS with a new code to access. When you don’t remember your password and your mobile phone number is incorrect, please contact to alertcops@interior.es

Three devices can be associated with the same identification number and password. For example, you can give other devices with your user to a son, grandmother, etc. The association happen when you access in a new device using your identification number, password and the new mobile phone number. You can handle this information in the section My AlertCops
Tried to install it but it would not accept my phone number (+1) etc. Sounds like a good idea, though.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This would seem to be a great tool to set foreign pilgrims minds at ease.
It will be interesting to see this go forward and put into use by our members and others.

If you use iTunes from the US (and presumably Canada), you need to click on the link Ivar provided above to redirect to the Spanish iTunes site. Once there, you can download the app using your customary Apple account information.

I will load, but not activate it until the next time I am in Spain.

I hope this helps.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I would get in touch with alertcops@interior.es if you have any question/problems. The app was just released, so I I am sure they have some start-up problems.
Thank you, Ivar. I did get in touch with them. It is too early to have heard back. My description of the problem here on the forum was imprecise:
I was unable to complete the "registration". My cell phone number was not accepted and that prevents completion of the registration and renders the app useless. I will await instructions from the app creators. This, by the way, was the android version. My phone is a nexus 6 working well on the fi network (a new Google venture) that promises to work well and cheaply in Spain, too.

From their website:
View attachment 20721

What is AlertCops?

AlertCops' benefits are:

Download here:

Android:

iPhone/iPad:

How does it work?

funcEng1.png

funcEng2.png

funcEng3.png

funcEng4.png

User name and password

Thank you Ivar, great too for the pilgrims. Wish you well, Peter.

Thanks for this Ivar! Given some of the incidents which have been (sadly) recently reported, I am sure that many peregrinos, particularly those walking on their own, will welcome this.
Thank you Ivar, this is a really useful and appreciated link. After some of the recent discussions on the site (and the sad disappearance of Denise) this helps to allay the fears that sit at the back of my mind as a soon-to-set-off solo walker. Muchas gracias.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have a Spanish SIM with a local number and was able to install, registered with success on my android. This is a great help to those who do not speak the language well. If we all report issues on the camino, police can get a better idea of how safe or unsafe the camino really is.

Can I download it in the US now and modify the registration if I put a Spanish SIM in later?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have downloaded the App, but am having trouble registering. It won’t accept a passport number with more than 8 digits.

An example of real-life use today from my friend Johnnie Walker who is walking the Via de la Plata with friends at the moment. He has given me permission to repeat the story here. A great example of its ease of use and a good advert for the efficiency of the national and local police too.

ALERT COPS - I used it today!

We've mentioned this App before. It puts the user in instant contact with the emergency services.

Some 10 kms outside of Zafra on the way to Villafranca de los Barros we three were walking through the countryside on a long, quite track. We saw water being sprayed in the air ahead of us. As we got a little closer it became clear from the fountain of water that a high pressure pipe had burst flooding the path and surrounding field. We got our heads down and ran through the deluge.
As we walked on I realised that the path was very isolated and the burst could go on for a long time before being noticed.

I opened the Alert Corps App, pressed the button labeled to report "damage" and seconds later in the chat panel "what's happened?" appeared in English. I typed in about the burst pipe and explained I was walking the Camino. "Thank you pilgrim we have your location and we have referred this for a local response."
We walked on and a few kilometres later a police car appeared to check exactly where the burst was... Thanked us very politely and headed off to deal with it.

This is an app worth downloading and registering for.

Thanks for reminding me to download the app. It's really easy.

One good option for when you're on Camino (especially on those less walked) is the GPS tracker for the police. If anything happens then the police could find your last known location upon request by your country officials I guess.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.