• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The day has come!

Mike Savage

So many friends to meet . . . so little time
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés,Inglés
Muxia/Finisterre
Português Coastal
Português Central
Sanabrés
Well after a year of planning the day is finally here. I fly out in just a few hours (SLC/DFW/Madrid/Pamplona) and wanted to express my thanks to all the kind folks here who have helped me prepare. You have helped more than you will ever know and I feel much more prepared, especially for the mental part of the Camino, than I would have been without your help. I do hope to meet some of you on the way. I stay at Pensión Corazón Puro Sunday night September 6th, and Orrison Monday September 7th.

Also if you are in Santiago de Compostela on October 10th and October 15th we may meet at the Tertulia as I hope to be there those two evenings at 7:00pm.

Mike

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well after a year of planning the day is finally here. I fly out in just a few hours (SLC/DFW/Madrid/Pamplona) and wanted to express my thanks to all the kind folks here who have helped me prepare. You have helped more than you will ever know and I feel much more prepared, especially for the mental part of the Camino, than I would have been without your help. I do hope to meet some of you on the way. I stay at Pensión Corazón Puro Sunday night September 6th, and Orrison Monday September 7th.

Also if you are in Santiago de Compostela on October 10th and October 15th we may meet at the Tertulia as I hope to be there those two evenings at 7:00pm.

Mike
Wishing you a Buen Camino Mike! Based on the kindness and generosity you've expressed to others on this forum, I believe you will have a fine camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Mike
Hi Mike, again from me the best wishes for your journey.
Wish you all the best and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Mike

Hi Mike, you have helped and welcomed so many new pilgrims! Perhaps @ivar should create a new role for you and @Peter Fransiscus as official welcomers? You would both do the job so brilliantly!:) You show the spirit of the camino so well, helpful, kind and caring! :)

I do hope you have the most wonderful camino and I'm sorry we won't get to meet, maybe another year? I've a feeling you will be back?
Buen camino Peregrino Mike!
Sarah:D

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Mike, you have helped and welcomed so many new pilgrims! Perhaps @ivar should create a new role for you and @Peter Fransiscus as official welcomers? You would both do the job so brilliantly!:) You show the spirit of the camino so well, helpful, kind and caring! :)

I do hope you have the most wonderful camino and I'm sorry we won't get to meet, maybe another year? I've a feeling you will be back?
Buen camino Perigrino Mike!
Sarah:D
Thank you Sarah, I did / do it with great pleasure . Wish you well, Peter.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Mike
Have an exciting time, and Buen Camino!

Mike
Wish you a heartfelt Buen Camino Mike. Ditto your thoughts - so many in this forum have helped above and beyond….I am 16 days and counting so likely won't cross paths. All the best.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
All the very best, Mike! Enjoy your Pilgrimage to the full. You have become an expert in encouraging others. Now we encourage you! Buen Camino!

Mike
Sorry I won't get to meet you. You were the first to reply to my questions re camino over 12 months ago. Buen camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, Mike,
You will soon graduate from newbie status to experienced pilgrim, how awesome is that! As all of these good wishes make quite clear, you've got a fan base here on the forum who looks forward to hearing from you -- either "live" if you are so inclined, or upon completion if you are going to try to cut the technological cord while you're off.

Wishing you a magnificent Camino, Laurie

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Mike
Good luck I leave today starting at Ponferrada Buen Camino

Mike
Buen camino Mike!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Mike
Mike, I too leave tonite for Madrid. Pamplona on Monday. Hope we cross paths even if briefly.
Buen Camino, Raul

Mike
Taxi takes us to airport at 3 am. Monday morning we will start from SJPP.
BR
Pavel

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Buen Caminbo, and safe travels.
Sorry I won't get to meet with you - this year!

Mike

While this is a sailors fair well, I think the meaning is appropriate. Mike, May you have fair winds and following seas on your journey. Buem Camino

Happy Trails

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Mike
Mike, come back with many beautiful moments & pictures.
Buen Camino!

To all of you starting out now, I wish you a great trip. I started exactly 2 years ago today, and never miss a day wishing I was not back there again. I'll be thinking of all of you - buen camino, Cherry

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Mike

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Mike
¡Buena suerte y buen camino, Mike!

Mike - Buen Camino to you.
I hope our paths cross at some point in the next few weeks. I will begin my Camino in Pamplona on Sept 12th - hope to arrive in Santiago around the same time you'll be there.
Wishing you the best!
Nicolette

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Mike
God bless n Godspeed. The anxiety will now start to subside. Just got here myself

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Mike
Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Buenos Camino, Mike! And thank you for all the help you've been to me. Enjoy it all, the good and the challenging. Let us know how your doing along the way.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back