• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Kendal Mint Cake

SafariGirl

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Vía de la Plata, Primitivo, Norte, Lebaniego & Vadiniense,
Aragonés
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy Kendal Mint Cake in France &/or Spain?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy Kendal Mint Cake in France &/or Spain?
I have never seen it outside England. Best to take a few slabs with you :rolleyes:

I have never seen it outside England. Best to take a few slabs with you :rolleyes:
Thanks Jill, I think that's good advice. Don't want to run out of gas on the final approach to Roncevalles! :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We use Kendal mint cake at home. For the Camino we prefer to take several packets of Polos. They are lighter to carry, less prone to damp and have a similar effect if you are running low on blood sugar/energy. We take them with us because we have not seen them in Spain.

We use Kendal mint cake at home. For the Camino we prefer to take several packets of Polos. They are lighter to carry, less prone to damp and have a similar effect if you are running low on blood sugar/energy. We take them with us because we have not seen them in Spain.
Many thanks Tia!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Why on earth would you want to? ;0)
Because I've just started doing training walks with my full pack (I know...last minute Annie - I leave in less than 3 weeks) and realised I run out of steam after a few hours...want to make sure I get to Roncevalles! ;-)

But they sell delicious FOOD in Spain - churros, chocolate caliente (NOT Nesquick), honey drizzled croissants, and (OMG) Galician cheesecake!

KMC is made from sugar, glucose (ie sugar), peppermint oil and water so I suppose you COULD just munch sugar cubes?

Just joshing you - chacun a son gout as they say in Cumbria - but I think you'll have to either take it with you or go native!

Either way - Buen Camino!

But they sell delicious FOOD in Spain - churros, chocolate caliente (NOT Nesquick), honey drizzled croissants, and (OMG) Galician cheesecake!

KMC is made from sugar, glucose (ie sugar), peppermint oil and water so I suppose you COULD just munch sugar cubes?

Just joshing you - chacun a son gout as they say in Cumbria - but I think you'll have to either take it with you or go native!

Either way - Buen Camino!
Having just watched Jamie Oliver's 'Sugar-rush' documentary on Channel 4 (and signed the petition asking the Government to add a tax to sugary drinks) the point is well taken! Trust me, I plan to sample all of these delicious foods while on my Camino. But for expediency's sake, I figured it would be less messy to pack a bar of KMC in my rucksack as I trot over the pyrenees rather than a spare honey-drizzled croissant or slice of Galician cheesecake ;0). But gracias for the light-hearted banter, looking forward to more of this with my fellow pereginos/as on The Way :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Can I add to my post re-Polos. These need to be the 'original' which have sugar not artificial sweeteners. (Before anyone syas anything about sugar re sweeteners I am seriously allergic to many the latter so have to avoid them. Their addition to so many items is a real worry, as would be a suager tax......)
To keep on topic, Polos are easier to manage than KMC when on the Camino :)

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back