• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

How busy quiet will it be in late sept

simeon

Time of past OR future Camino
Lots done and more to do!
Hi,
I am planning to go from tui to Santiago starting 29 Sept to 6th Oct? How busy/quite can I expect it to be will most of the alburgues still be open?
Thanks

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I walked at almost exactly the same time last year. It was quite busy. The albergue at Pontevedra was full by about 2pm but the other ones along the way had plenty of room. All were open. You will have plenty of company. Good luck.

The weather should be golden days and still quite warm. All the Galician Xunta albergues will definitely be open. They are a great bargain at 6 euros per night
When you are at Tui be sure to look back across the river Mino towards Portugal; the lattice-like bridge that you see was designed by Eiffel (of Paris tower fame) and appears magical when lit at night. Pilgrims walking north from Porto usually cross into Spain on this bridge.

Buen camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I walked at almost exactly the same time last year. It was quite busy. The albergue at Pontevedra was full by about 2pm but the other ones along the way had plenty of room. All were open. You will have plenty of company. Good luck.
Great, thanks a mil as it will be the first time doing it solo I dident wasn't to it too quiet!

The weather should be golden days and still quite warm. All the Galician Xunta albergues will definitely be open. They are a great bargain at 6 euros per night
When you are at Tui be sure to look back across the river Mino towards Portugal; the lattice-like bridge that you see was designed by Eiffel (of Paris tower fame) and appears magical when lit at night. Pilgrims walking north from Porto usually cross into Spain on this bridge.

Buen camino!

Yes I was thinking of starting on the other side of the bridge to have been in two countries and time zones! I had been puzzling how the bus could get from Santiago in an hour until I realised the time difference!

Well I'm back now and I started from Porto instead. Took the metro 14km out and started the interior route. To answer my own question I'd say there was between 30 before the costal route joined in and 50 people afterwards per night which had the alburges almost full every night. Had a fantastic time.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.