• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2015 OCTOBER PILGRIMS

I plan to start from SJPDP on October 4 and will spent that night at Orison . Hopefully will meet up with fellow pilgrims there. I am from Vancouver Canada .
Hi Stephen, you will enjoy your stay at the albergue Orisson. You will meet pelgrims who become your Camino family .It was the case for me anyway.
Wish you all the best on your journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@Griffin57 and I have agreed that she will keep track of the September 2015 walkers, and I will keep track of the October 2015 pilgrims in this thread. So, please post your details (start date and location) as replies to this thread and I'll add them to the original post at the top. Be sure to keep an eye on the late-September list as well, since they might catch up with us!

September 25: @movinmaggie (SJPP); @Seren (SJPP)
September 26: @ellsea (SJPP)
September 27:@elva (with Barb, SJPP)
September 28: @jasmine2015 (SJPP)
September 29: @JPL (SJPP)
September 30: @Albertagirl (SJPP); @kandmg (SJPP); @Madge (SJPP); @Njoyzlife (and family, SJPP); @CJGoct15 (or next day, from SJPP)
October 1: @CaminoDebrita (SJPP); @nfoster (SJPP); @NiniSum (SJPP)
October 2: @Virginia Bushell (SJPP); @jimmyd (Ambasmesetas)
October 3: @Beate (Irun, on El Norte); @Adventurebound (with 2 others, from SJPP)
October 4: @northerngirl (Burgos); @SheriOlson (& Brad, SJPP); @Vicky Anders (SJPP); @Stephen Alldridge (SJPP)
October 5: @Shurolla (Villa Franca del Bierzo)
October 6: @yagocid (SJPP); @lukewc (SJPP)
October 7: @Bala (SJPP); @seagull group of 4 (Sarria); @7Marie (SJPP); @Me Fein (Irun); @BeckyB (Ponferrada)
October 8: @OTH86 (SJPP); @Scorpiogirl (SJPP); @PhyllisRowland (SJPP)
October 9: @scruffy1 (Bilbao)
October 10: @CaminoK (SJPP)
October 11:
October 12:
October 13: @alansykes (Ruta del Ebro at Sant Jaume d'Enveja)
October 14: @C clearly (SJPP); @elysiandreamx (SJPP); @LauraK (Leon,on the Camino Salvador and Primitivo)
October 15: @ricicitosdeplata (Astorga); @jsalt (SJPP); @Lorenina (SJPP)
October 16: @seaston (Sarria)
October 17: @Slodola (Leon)@Devora and Cousin (Sarria)
October 18: @melisa_s (Burgos)
October 19:
October 20:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 26:
October 27:
October 28: @Ross Sheeran (and wife, SJPP)
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

Nov. 12: @davidduff (Leon)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi @Devora . I expect you're trying to post something, and having the same difficulty many first timers do. If you just post your planned date and location, then I will edit my original post to include your name!

Welcome to the October group!

Hi @Devora . I expect you're trying to post something, and having the same difficulty many first timers do. If you just post your planned date and location, then I will edit my original post to include your name!

Welcome to the October group!

Thank you...yes, trying to get familiar! My cousin Connie and I will be starting in Sarria on October 17.

Thank you for creating this thread because I am new to the pilgrimage. I'm planning to start in Sarria on October 16 and hesitated to post because I'm only doing a shorter walk than most.

Still, I appreciate knowing that someone is aware of my plans because I'll be traveling alone. I plan to only walk 7-8 miles each day and to enjoy the culture and history along the way. I'm recently retired and hope that this walk gives me a sense of clarity about my future as I'll celebrate my 65th birthday on the Camino.

I'm currently walking 5 miles/day with an 8 mile walk on the weekend. I plan to add the backpack and walking poles in September but right now it's very hot here in Florida.

Hi there. My cousin and I are starting in Sarria on October 17. See you on the Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Wasn't sure where to put this, but seeing as how I am soon to also be an October pilgrim, I just wanted to send a huge thanks to all of you who helped me along the planning path. Sure, I may may have been able to sort it all out on my own, but to think of what I would have missed being in your company, I am truly grateful. So the taxi arrives at 6:45am tomorrow, and I will be off and awa, my Scottish Mum would say. I know I'm in for an amazing journey. Attaching a photo of a typical trail here on beautiful Vancouver Island. We do live in a little bit of paradise here. See you on 'Live From The Camino'. MaggieTraining on Vancouver Island.jpg

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello there, can anyone who's done it before give me a rough overview of the napoleon route? I know there's a lot of ascent which is not a problem - but I'd like to know if there are any ridges/ sheer drops/ very hairy bits before deciding whether to take this route. I've not managed to find out online or in my guide book.

Thank you!

Wasn't sure where to put this, but seeing as how I am soon to also be an October pilgrim, I just wanted to send a huge thanks to all of you who helped me along the planning path. Sure, I may may have been able to sort it all out on my own, but to think of what I would have missed being in your company, I am truly grateful. So the taxi arrives at 6:45am tomorrow, and I will be off and awa, my Scottish Mum would say. I know I'm in for an amazing journey. Attaching a photo of a typical trail here on beautiful Vancouver Island. We do live in a little bit of paradise here. See you on 'Live From The Camino'. MaggieView attachment 21293
Hi Maggie, great picture and I am a bit jealous. I have to wait till next year to come back to walk an other Camino.
Wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hello there, can anyone who's done it before give me a rough overview of the napoleon route? I know there's a lot of ascent which is not a problem - but I'd like to know if there are any ridges/ sheer drops/ very hairy bits before deciding whether to take this route. I've not managed to find out online or in my guide book.

Thank you!
Hi and welcome, there are no ridges or sheer drops that I know off. Mabe I missed something but I don't think so.
Wish you a great journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Peter how lovely; you seem to be our 'Farewell' ambassador. I depart Canada this Monday. Will start walking from StJPdP Sept 25. Holding good thoughts and a lot of light around the Napoleon route, but open to Valcarlos should that be the choice of the weather Gods. Thanks for all your posts….Maggie

Buen Camino, Maggie! And wishing you an early happy, happy birthday in Santiago. What a way to celebrate!

Last edited:
No, there aren't any very hairy/scary bits if you stay on the path and don't go in bad weather when advised not to. Have a look at this thread or this one, or this one with a video link. If you want even more, you can search on YouTube for "camino day 1" !

Hi,
I'm starting on 26th from SJPdP and am already on Griffin's list. However, as I'm going to walk whole October, could You also add me to the list?
Hope to see some of You on the way.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@Griffin57 and I have agreed that she will keep track of the September 2015 walkers, and I will keep track of the October 2015 pilgrims in this thread. So, please post your details (start date and location) as replies to this thread and I'll add them to the original post at the top. Be sure to keep an eye on the late-September list as well, since they might catch up with us!

September 26: @ellsea (SJPP); @Pawel (SJPP)
September 30: @Albertagirl (SJPP); @kandmg (SJPP); @Madge (SJPP); @Njoyzlife (and family, SJPP); @CJGoct15 (or next day, from SJPP)
October 2: @Virginia Bushell (SJPP); @jimmyd (Ambasmesetas)
October 3: @Beate (Irun, on El Norte); @Adventurebound (with 2 others, from SJPP)
October 4: @northerngirl (Burgos); @SheriOlson (& Brad, SJPP); @Vicky Anders (SJPP); @Stephen Alldridge (SJPP)
October 7: @Bala (SJPP); @seagull group of 4 (Sarria); @7Marie (SJPP); @Me Fein (Irun); @BeckyB (Ponferrada)
October 11:
October 12:
October 14: @C clearly (SJPP); @elysiandreamx (SJPP); @LauraK (Leon,on the Camino Salvador and Primitivo)
October 17: @Slodola (Leon); @Devora (and Connie, from Sarria)
October 19:
October 20:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 26:
October 27:
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

Nov. 19: @AL. J.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Yes, I plan on starting in SJPP. I am still working on research. I have the warm layers ready to go and I am hoping to get a better winter coat for the trip.

Yes, I plan on starting in SJPP. I am still working on research. I have the warm layers ready to go and I am hoping to get a better winter coat for the trip.
I've added you to the first post on this threaad. Perhaps @Sandra S will add you to this thread for November pilgrims.

I'm not sure what you mean by "winter coat." I haven't done this in December, but you might just want to add a layer of down or equivalent under a waterproof breathable jacket. @mspath will probably come on soon, and give you some good advice and links for winter walking.

I've added you to the first post on this threaad. Perhaps @Sandra S will add you to this thread for November pilgrims.

I'm not sure what you mean by "winter coat." I haven't done this in December, but you might just want to add a layer of down or equivalent under a waterproof breathable jacket. @mspath will probably come on soon, and give you some good advice and links for winter walking.

I'd love to get some advice!! Especially on the Coat factor. Also, I just recently purchased some new hiking boots as my old one's were cracked and no longer water resistant. It has been an uphill battle finding the right fit, since a size 15 is hard to come by! (lol).

Welcome to the Forum!

For much info/many links see this earlier thread re Winter Walking.
Most of us who walk at this time wear various lightweight layers for warmth, developing favorite combos. Here is my kit used in late autumn/winter for the past 10 years and soon to be used once more.

Happy planning and Buen camino!

MM

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Welcome to the Forum!

For much info/many links see this earlier thread re Winter Walking.
Most of us who walk at this time wear various lightweight layers for warmth, developing favorite combos. Here is my kit used in late autumn/winter for the past 10 years and soon to be used once more.

Happy planning and Buen camino!

MM

Thank you for the Kit and Tips!! Very Helpful!!

Buen Camino!

AL. J.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
hi, everyone, I am thinking to start from SJPP on 30th Sep,2015. My plan is to spend my night in Roncesvalles.

I am alone, that would be great to start my first day with a friend/ group.

@C clearly: Please, given the option I would much rather be on the October list than on the last day of the September list. These people will certainly be my camino companions as I walk through October and November. Can you arrange that?

I am not decided yet, because my husband had a knee operation one week ago. He seems fine but I am still thinking maybe it is not the good time to leave him alone. But if I decided to start my journey,may I join you on 30th Sep please?

Last edited:
hi, everyone, I am thinking to start from SJPP on 30th Sep,2015. My plan is to spend my night in Roncesvalles.

I am alone, that would be great to start my first day with a friend/ group.
Hi Lynn, you will love your journey over the Pyrenees the views are awesome.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi all, on 8th October I will be leaving Santiago to walk to St.Jean as part of a longer walk. Please take time to say Hi if we meet.
Enjoy your space.

Hi all, on 8th October I will be leaving Santiago to walk to St.Jean as part of a longer walk. Please take time to say Hi if we meet.
Enjoy your space.
Hi Dael, wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

September 30: @Albertagirl (SJPP); @kandmg (SJPP); @Madge (SJPP); @Njoyzlife (and family, SJPP); @CJGoct15 (or next day, from SJPP); @lynn1122 (SJPP)
October 2: @Virginia Bushell (SJPP); @jimmyd (Ambasmesetas); @camino07 (Roncesvalles)
October 11:
October 12:
October 17: @Slodola (Leon); @Devora (and Connie, from Sarria)
October 19:
October 20:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 26:
October 27:
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

Nov. 19: @AL. J. (SJPP)
October 8 jazzer2 from SJPP

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi everyone!
The first person on our "October" list - @movinmaggie - was due to start walking in SJPP today. I hope she got her walking sticks as planned, and all is going well. I don't think she was expecting to post much here, but I wanted to wish her well. Given the time change, she is likely enjoying dinner in Orisson right now!

I won't be updating this thread with every departure, as @Griffin57 and @Peter Fransiscus have done so nicely for the September thread. I will be checking in, and adding people as requested, but I have some travel and activities that will keep me fairly busy before I start my own camino.

So Buen Camino to all, as you set out!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Great idea
Walking for 5 days with my Brother and Friend starting Villafrana. Please add Thanks
p.s. Has anyone a good suggestion for stop in Ages or Atapuerca ,preferably with communal meal?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks for organising this!
My friend and I walking for 6 days on our first camino starting at StJPdP on October 17th. Please add us to the list, we've posted on the taxi share thread for Biarritz-StJPdP if anyone's interested...

Thanks for organising this!
My friend and I walking for 6 days on our first camino starting at StJPdP on October 17th. Please add us to the list, we've posted on the taxi share thread for Biarritz-StJPdP if anyone's interested...
Hi Jacques and welcome to this wonderful forum.
Wish you both a wonderful time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have unexpectedly found a hole in my calendar, and will walk from Burgos on the 23rd. Just for a week, but I've never been all that concerned about getting anywhere, for me, it's all about the walk. See you on the way!

(This will be the 8th time I walk along a Camino in Spain/Portugal, but I've only been to Santiago twice.)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi

I'll be arriving in Biarritz on 5th October and making my way to SJPP for my first Camino, setting out on Tuesday 6th.

Looking forward to it!

Hi

I'll be arriving in Biarritz on 5th October and making my way to SJPP for my first Camino, setting out on Tuesday 6th.

Looking forward to it!

Buen Camino, DesH! My husband and I start from SJPDP on Wednesday, 7th. Maybe we will meet somewhere along the way. Safe travels!

Buen Camino, DesH! My husband and I start from SJPDP on Wednesday, 7th. Maybe we will meet somewhere along the way. Safe travels!
Hi Bala
Great to hear from a fellow peregrino. I look forward to meeting up with a few forum members (fellow trevellers) over there! Buen camino a ustedes tabien!

I have unexpectedly found a hole in my calendar, and will walk from Burgos on the 23rd. Just for a week, but I've never been all that concerned about getting anywhere, for me, it's all about the walk. See you on the way!

(This will be the 8th time I walk along a Camino in Spain/Portugal, but I've only been to Santiago twice.)
Hi Heidi, wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi

Looking forward to it!
Hi DesH, a few nights sleep and off you go on your journey.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
C Clearly, I don't know if you saw this (upstream). Could you add me to your list, please?

Heidi

Hello,

I will be leaving on October 9 from Bilbao. I am planning to eventually walk the Ruta Vadiniense. I am very new to this forum and to Camino, will there be many other pilgrims along the way this time of year?
Thanks,

Patrik

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hello All.....local transport permitting I hope to depart Roncesvalles on the 31st October for my first Camino flying solo.....guess I will be meeting some of the early November cohort rather than October.......Buen Camino !!!

September 30: @Albertagirl (SJPP); @kandmg (SJPP); @Madge (SJPP); @Njoyzlife (and family, SJPP); @CJGoct15 (or next day, from SJPP); @lynn1122 (SJPP)
October 1: @CaminoDebrita (SJPP); @nfoster (SJPP); @NiniSum (SJPP); @omalley (SJPP)
October 2: @Virginia Bushell (SJPP); @jimmyd (Ambasmesetas); @camino07 (Roncesvalles)
October 4: @northerngirl (Burgos); @SheriOlson (& Brad, SJPP); @Vicky Anders (SJPP); @Stephen Alldridge (SJPP); @Celtic Pilgrim (with 2 others from Villafranca Montes de Oca)
October 6: @yagocid (SJPP); @lukewc (SJPP); @DesH (SJPP)
October 8: @Dael (from Santiago walking eastward!); @OTH86 (SJPP); @Scorpiogirl (SJPP); @PhyllisRowland (SJPP); @jazzer2 (SJPP)
October 9: @scruffy1 (Bilbao); @Ioana Tomescu (SJPP); @Sinfected (Bilbao)
October 11:
October 12: @Raylene (by bicycle, start Oct 12-15, from SJPP)
October 15: @ricicitosdeplata (Astorga); @jsalt (SJPP); @Lorenina (SJPP); @Kerrygold (SJPP)
October 17: @Slodola (Leon); @Devora (and Connie, from Sarria); @JacquiS (SJPP)
October 19:
October 20: @Verano (SJPP)
October 21:
October 22:
October 23: @HeidiL (Burgos)
October 24:
October 25:mad:Fitzlucy7 Start Logrona - Burogs
October 26:
October 27:
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

Nov. 19: @AL. J. (SJPP)

I'm continuing my Camino (Starting 25th October), walking 5 days to Burgos, good to see I wont be alone :)

Hello All.....local transport permitting I hope to depart Roncesvalles on the 31st October for my first Camino flying solo.....guess I will be meeting some of the early November cohort rather than October.......Buen Camino !!!
Hi Timothy, one thing is certain you will meet other pilgrims along the way.
Wish you all the best and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi there,

I will be starting in sjpp on October 15th. Though preparations are mostly finished I will only believe that I am doing this when i am walking towards roncesvalles this Thursday !

Welcome to the forum! I might see you on Thursday as I will also start from SJPDP then. However, I will be starting late as I am going only as far as Orisson, so if I don’t see you on the way, Buen Camino! Jill

I am in Paris now, waiting for a flight to Biarritz. I'll start walking on Oct 14 and look forward to seeing some of you who start the next day.

If anyone new signs up here, I might not get them added to the list now - depends on WiFi and my energy!

Buen Camino to all!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Welcome to the forum! I might see you on Thursday as I will also start from SJPDP then. However, I will be starting late as I am going only as far as Orisson, so if I don’t see you on the way, Buen Camino! Jill
Thanks - same to you - buen Camino ! Arriving late in sjpp on October 14 - My plan is to start earlyish on the 15th and aim for roncesvalles.

For sure I will meet you on further sections on the Camino.

Michael.

Hi there,

I will be starting in sjpp on October 15th. Though preparations are mostly finished I will only believe that I am doing this when i am walking towards roncesvalles this Thursday !
Hi, you are almost at the beginning of your journey. A few more nights sleep and off you go to. ...
Wish you a great journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

I am in Paris now, waiting for a flight to Biarritz. I'll start walking on Oct 14 and look forward to seeing some of you who start the next day.

If anyone new signs up here, I might not get them added to the list now - depends on WiFi and my energy!

Buen Camino to all!
In a few days time you set off on your journey to Santiago.
I wish you all the best and a Buen Camino, Peter.

A friend will be joining me from Burgos (flying to Madrid on Thursday) - she got an unexpected cheap ticket and grabbed it. It will be fun to introduce a first-time walker to the camino. If you hear excited Norwegian chatter and see two tall(-ish) middle-aged women who walk like elks, say hello!

Greetings all. Please add my name as an October walker. Leaving SJPDP on Oct 3rd and hoping to stop in Orisson. Debrita, I notice that you are walking around this time and I remember your moving family story. You may remember my post about almost losing my father in the airport in Ireland. He is now 96 and day to day in pallative care. Hope to meet up with you. Look for a grey beard with a hiking kilt no matter the weather :)

Greetings all. Please add my name as an October walker. Leaving SJPDP on Oct 3rd and hoping to stop in Orisson. Debrita, I notice that you are walking around this time and I remember your moving family story. You may remember my post about almost losing my father in the airport in Ireland. He is now 96 and day to day in pallative care. Hope to meet up with you. Look for a grey beard with a hiking kilt no matter the weather :)

oops....just noticed that this is a 2015 thread..please disregard

Most read last week in this forum

To me the most Dangerous stage on the Camino Frances was from Foncebadon to Ponferrada in the rain. Never forget the riverbed rocks from El Acebo to Ponferrada totally treacherous, seen several...
...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back