• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino San Salvador Sept. 2015

Hanne

Hurricane-Hanne
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés(2007&2008), Finesterre&Muxía(5times), Portugués(2009), Aragonés(2008), Primitivo(2011), Vasco del interiór(2012), Inglés(2009), Via de la Plata(2013&2015), Sanabrés(2013), Del Norte(2013), San Salvador(2015) and Inverno(2015).
Camino Baztan and Le Puy in the future.
Walked Camino San Salvador in 4 days in Sept. 2015. It is a well marked and beautiful Mountainwalk.
I can only recommend this camino, - a new favorite ! 125 km from León to Oviedo.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Walked Camino San Salvador in 4 days in Sept. 2015. It is a well marked and beautiful Mountainwalk.
I can only recommend this camino, - a new favorite ! 125 km from León to Oviedo.

I agree with you completely, Hanne. And for people thinking of doing this camino in the next year, I have heard from Ender that there will be a new version of his very complete guide ready to launch in 2016.

p.s., Hanne, the Camino de Levante may be the next obvious choice for you (I see the long list of caminos under your picture). I loved it, but it's definitely best in springtime.

I agree with you completely, Hanne. And for people thinking of doing this camino in the next year, I have heard from Ender that there will be a new version of his very complete guide ready to launch in 2016.

p.s., Hanne, the Camino de Levante may be the next obvious choice for you (I see the long list of caminos under your picture). I loved it, but it's definitely best in springtime.
Hola, Laurie!

Is Ender's guidebook also (or will it be) available in English language? No sweat if only in Spanish, just asking :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

No, but Camino Baztanés or Le Puy could be the next and probably in september.

Hola, Laurie!

Is Ender's guidebook also (or will it be) available in English language? No sweat if only in Spanish, just asking :)

Hi, Kinky, the current version is available in English. http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/caminodelsalvador/guia-ingles-del-camino-del-salvador I will be translating the new edition whenever it's ready, but that isn't likely to happen before next summer. Not sure if it will be done in time for the "rush" of walkers on the Salvador. Since I haven't been on the Salavador for five years, I don't know if there have been lots of changes, but my guess is that this current version, updated with whatever info has appeared ont he forum, will be plenty. Are you headed there next year?

Hi, Kinky, the current version is available in English. http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/caminodelsalvador/guia-ingles-del-camino-del-salvador I will be translating the new edition whenever it's ready, but that isn't likely to happen before next summer. Not sure if it will be done in time for the "rush" of walkers on the Salvador. Since I haven't been on the Salavador for five years, I don't know if there have been lots of changes, but my guess is that this current version, updated with whatever info has appeared ont he forum, will be plenty. Are you headed there next year?
Don't know if next year but I think it should be done as soon as possible to avoid crowds ;) As I heard there are already on Primitivo and much less on either Vasco del Interior or Bayona which makes my end and start of combo with Salvador in the middle.

But also thinking very much about at least two other combinations (south of CF) so really don't know. Will see about funds and my parents health... If I could I'd walk two Caminos each year :D

EDIT: Looked into the guide and it's so detailed I can't imagine someone could get lost. Excellent!

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

(Soon-) Live from the Camino del Salvador - starting end of April 24. We are currently on the Camino de Invierno around 43km before reaching Santiago - from there we will catch a bus to Leon to...
First time posting Live? Left León at 8am. Arrived at Cabanillas 2. The path is very beautiful. 20km total. Followed the River. At first town we went to the lovely Bar and Tienda. I bought cheese...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back