• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Biarrtz Airport to Bayonne

Ross Sheeran

Time of past OR future Camino
November 2015
Hi all. Does anyone know if there's a website with the timetable for the bus from Biarittz airport to Bayonne train station. We arrive from Paris at 10am on 28October and there's a train from Bayonne at 11.10am. Would we have enough time to collect checked in backpacks and catch the in time for the train? I hope the buses depart frequently from the airport. Appreciate any advice.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It looks like the Chronopost bus 14 runs about every 20 minutes and take half an hour, so it might be a tight connection for you. I'm not sure if there are other options.

I'll be checking it out in person in a couple of days!

Unfortunately you would probably not have the time to make that connection by bus. The bus is run by Chronoplus. The trip from the airport to the Bayonne railroad station takes roughly 30/40 minutes on line 14. Here is their web site for more info. http://www.chronoplus.eu/

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi all. Does anyone know if there's a website with the timetable for the bus from Biarittz airport to Bayonne train station. We arrive from Paris at 10am on 28October and there's a train from Bayonne at 11.10am. Would we have enough time to collect checked in backpacks and catch the in time for the train? I hope the buses depart frequently from the airport. Appreciate any advice.
There is a shuttle service To SJPDP
Here's that information:
EXPRESS BOURRICOT
transport bagages, pèlerins, séjours culturelsCaroline Aphessetche
Maison Jauberriko borda
64220 Ispoure
France
Tel: (+33) (0)6 61 96 04 76
Email: apcaroline@hotmail.com

I have done it quite a few times from Biarritz with check bag before when the flight was on time and I moved as quick as possible to baggage claim, which is quick at Biarritz..then only minutes to spare.

looking at your flight arrival time and the bus timetable providing I am reading the bus timetable right, your bus is 10:17 am.....that's very tight ...bus stop immediately on the left as you exit using the left hand exist.(there are two) position yourself in the middle of the bus for rapid exit once at Bayonne Gare if your going for the bus option

Biarittz airport is small..

with a cab you can do it, approx 20 mins .taxis just outside

I would relax and take a cab..in this instance you say "we"so your can split the fare and press gang any other pilgrims to make up the numbers and share the cost of the cab . your soon see who is a pilgrim as soon as the plane stops or at baggage claim....time to talk

if your flight is late take the next bus to Bayonne Gare have lunch then the next train up the hill..

to be honest if you on a tight time frame to complete your camino it's far better to build up your pace over a week depending on your ability then you can make up a lost day over another week...I know exactly how it is your excited and want to start...

Thanks.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have done it quite a few times from Biarritz with check bag before when the flight was on time and I moved as quick as possible to baggage claim, which is quick at Biarritz..then only minutes to spare.

looking at your flight arrival time and the bus timetable providing I am reading the bus timetable right, your bus is 10:17 am.....that's very tight ...bus stop immediately on the left as you exit using the left hand exist.(there are two) position yourself in the middle of the bus for rapid exit once at Bayonne Gare if your going for the bus option

Biarittz airport is small..

with a cab you can do it, approx 20 mins .taxis just outside

I would relax and take a cab..in this instance you say "we"so your can split the fare and press gang any other pilgrims to make up the numbers and share the cost of the cab . your soon see who is a pilgrim as soon as the plane stops or at baggage claim....time to talk

if your flight is late take the next bus to Bayonne Gare have lunch then the next train up the hill..

to be honest if you on a tight time frame to complete your camino it's far better to build up your pace over a week depending on your ability then you can make up a lost day over another week...I know exactly how it is your excited and want to start...

Thanks.
Just to clarify Mountaingoat is the Taxi going to SJPDP or does it take 20 min to the Bayonne Gare?

MTtoCamino

From Biarritz Airport
To Bayonne Gare approx 20 min.

for SJPP approx 54 mins

There could still do the press gang option :rolleyes:
for SJPP also although I see no need.

MTtoCamino

Just clicked on that website you mentioned

EXPRESS BOURRICOT

Last day of running for October 2015
according to there website is.. 17th October.. unfortunately not applicable here

LAST MINUTE
LAST MINUTE TRANSPORT LIST - OCTOBER 2015
Here is the list of our transport already booked. So, you can join an existant group to have a shared price. If the transport you need is not in this list, you can send us an email, and we will try to make another group!!

OCTOBER 2015

• 10/10 - 13:00 - Biarritz >> St JPP, 18-27€
  • 10/10 - 17:30 - Biarritz >> St JPP, 18€
  • 11/10 - 09:30 - Pau >> St JPP, 23-60€
  • 13/10 - 17:30 - Biarritz >> St JPP, 18-27€
  • 14/10 - 08:45 - St JPP >> Biarritz, 18-20€
  • 14/10 - 17:30 - Biarritz >> St JPP, 18€
  • 15/10 - 13:00 - Biarritz >> St JPP, 18-27€
  • 17/10 - 13:00 - Biarritz >> St JPP, 18-27€
  • 17/10 - LAST DAY OF TRANSPORT!!!!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
MTtoCamino

Just clicked on that website you mentioned

EXPRESS BOURRICOT

Last day of running for October 2015
according to there website is.. 17th October.. unfortunately not applicable here

LAST MINUTE
LAST MINUTE TRANSPORT LIST - OCTOBER 2015
Here is the list of our transport already booked. So, you can join an existant group to have a shared price. If the transport you need is not in this list, you can send us an email, and we will try to make another group!!

OCTOBER 2015

• 10/10 - 13:00 - Biarritz >> St JPP, 18-27€
  • 10/10 - 17:30 - Biarritz >> St JPP, 18€
  • 11/10 - 09:30 - Pau >> St JPP, 23-60€
  • 13/10 - 17:30 - Biarritz >> St JPP, 18-27€
  • 14/10 - 08:45 - St JPP >> Biarritz, 18-20€
  • 14/10 - 17:30 - Biarritz >> St JPP, 18€
  • 15/10 - 13:00 - Biarritz >> St JPP, 18-27€
  • 17/10 - 13:00 - Biarritz >> St JPP, 18-27€
  • 17/10 - LAST DAY OF TRANSPORT!!!!
Thanks for doing the check of my not so good info! Now I see why so many use the Bayonne route.

Try taking a taxi to SNCF station in Cambo Les Bains. Take SNCF TER bus from Cambo les Bains to SJPdP. The bus waits for the train from Bayonne. Interception will give you another 30 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back