• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Mozarabe desde Almeria

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi just thought I post this link to the Almeria Amigos they are an active group who do regular walks and marking for the camino in their area in Spring and Autumn www.almeriajacobea.blogspot.co.uk . This site has links to all kinds of useful information for the Mozarabe in other areas as well.
ha, another route to add to the list. There's been talk of this for years, but it looks like it's now reality - thanks for the link

Im not sure whats happens to the markings after Almeria provence, there could be a gap between there and Granada. There does seem to be a lot of effort and action along the whole route to Merida with local authorities getting involved as well as amigos of the camino.

I can never seem to find roughly consistent figure for the distance between Almeria and Granada figures seem to between 180-230km,anyone got any suggestions.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi just to bring peoples attention back to this thread who are interested, I think the whole way from Almeria to Granada has been waymarked, they have also provided GPS data, have compiled a list of accommodation and within it are 3 Albergue de Peregrinos, it would be a long way to Santiago from Almeria, around 1400 km.

Hi just to bring peoples attention back to this thread who are interested, I think the whole way from Almeria to Granada has been waymarked, they have also provided GPS data, have compiled a list of accommodation and within it are 3 Albergue de Peregrinos, it would be a long way to Santiago from Almeria, around 1400 km.

Hi Mike, thanks for the info. My wife and I are thinking of walking from Almeria to Santiago starting in September this year. I'll try to keep some sort of notebook and post any information afterwards. I may post some if I happen to fall over a computer along the way, but we don't carry smart phones or tablets etc. (Too much weight and too much distraction!!)

Hi Mike, thanks for the info. My wife and I are thinking of walking from Almeria to Santiago starting in September this year. I'll try to keep some sort of notebook and post any information afterwards. I may post some if I happen to fall over a computer along the way, but we don't carry smart phones or tablets etc. (Too much weight and too much distraction!!)

By the way, I've tried to get into the amigos blogspot several times, but it jams my computer.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Good luck it looks a beautiful route. Keep looking on their site and they are trying to improve signage and infrastructure on a regular basis. Couldn't help it last year zoomed in on google maps to the route they had given and would go to street level where it was possible, the route into the centre of Granada was on a old royal route and it looked like it was overlooking the Alhambra no more than a few hundred metres away, if its right what great way to enter the city.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have a Facebook page which shows photos of the sections they have walked, have a try of that.

Contact them direct, they seem very friendly, you will probably end up meeting them and having your photos taken, Andulcians like a tipple which could be good or bad depending on your point of view.

They have a Facebook page which shows photos of the sections they have walked, have a try of that.

Contact them direct, they seem very friendly, you will probably end up meeting them and having your photos taken, Andulcians like a tipple which could be good or bad depending on your point of view.

Thanks Mike, no objections whatsoever to a tipple or two!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
By the way, I've tried to get into the amigos blogspot several times, but it jams my computer.

Hi Kevin:

Just wanted to say thanks for your great guide to the Camino Mozarabe section Almeria to Granada. Also - (and please forgive the stretch), but noticing you are located in Norway, would you be the same Kevin O'Brien that worked for Statoil and with whom I played golf in Singapore back in the 1990's?

Hi Kevin:

Just wanted to say thanks for your great guide to the Camino Mozarabe section Almeria to Granada. Also - (and please forgive the stretch), but noticing you are located in Norway, would you be the same Kevin O'Brien that worked for Statoil and with whom I played golf in Singapore back in the 1990's?

Thank you Geoff for your kind comments. I hope the guide will be useful for you, and anyone else who would like to walk this great Camino. Well, mate, I've worked for Statoil (and Hydro) for nearly thirty years so you are more than correct there, BUT, I 've never played golf in my life!! The worst is that I've spent quite a few days in Singapore on the way to and from visiting the family in Australia. We may have met somewhere. There was a lot of to and fro in the late nineties and the early noughties?? Anyway all the best to you. Buen Camino!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back